Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Family Room tree B-4 & after

christmascandy
10 years ago

Been spending the 4 days after Thanksgiving undoing Thanksgiving and putting up Christmas.
Pretty much four X 10 hour days, aching legs and back!!!

Back to paying job yesterday and woke up to snow and bitter cold today, so I went and picked up my Mom as she helps me with the family room tree , but didn't want to drive on the roads. After 6 hours, it was up!!

The b-4 picture shows the tree in progress.
I leave the top portion decorated and store it like that. I bring it upstairs, take it out of the tree stand, hoist it up and place it on the tree trunk. Then we assemble it branch by branch, put on the lights, and start plugging in the "light and motion" ornaments.

6 hours later:

I'm getting closer to being done, but still a couple of rooms to finish.

Merry Christmas to all,
Candy

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Oh wow! What an efficient process! Your DMom helps, too...how fun! Well, lots of work ...but the results is priceless & time tog w/Mom! ;-) Tons of beautiful ornies there, too, candy girl! TFSharing! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Ahh, Candy....since Thanksgiving Friday, I've been picturing you buried under ornaments and garland and nutcrackers and heaven knows what else. I know you go ALL OUT, and all over the house. 10 hr days of decorating tho, I don't know how you are able to 'move'
    afterwards. Just beyond my imagination to be able to do all you do.

This tree is so gorgeous!! It looks like a ton of work, but what fun your Mom is there with you helping. I can't think of a better way to spend time. You are so lucky to have her!

I sent you an email thing you will appreciate.....LOL
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Beautiful tree Candy! So many neat ornaments that must be fun to reminisce about while you and DM put it up. You have some neat red ribbon that is interesting on it. Wanna share a close up and tell us more? I have so many ornaments that I haven't taken out in years. Let's hope one day the kids will cherish them.hmmmm

I see you have been busy throughout your room decorating. Looking great lady!!! I'm taking my sweet time this year.LOL I've put in alot of hours some days decorating and at the end of each day my feet hurso bad. DS bought me a foot messager one day and it seems to help.

It is -5 here right now so I'm with ya on this one. We don't have much for snow cover so it's going to be hard on the trees and shrubs. Sounds like the cold is here to stay for awhile.Burrrrr

Enjoy your DM and stay warm and safe.

TFS, Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Your tree is beautiful, Candy
    It's wonderful that you and your Mom can share this time together.
    Nana

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Love the poinsettias and very pretty tree!

• phoggie
    10 years ago

WOW...awesome! You did a wonderful job decorating and it makes mine look so plain! I am anxious to see the rest of your home. My DD came and helped me decorate for the tour and we had so much doing it together...and so happy you had your mom to trim the tree with you....fun, but work!

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Candy, your home always seems so festive. I don't put up even 10% of what you do and it takes me forever, so I'm always in awe of your results.

• pdg777
    10 years ago

Wow! Your tree is impressive!

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting
More Discussions