Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Santa Believer

christmascandy
12 years ago

I fell in love with this Santa painting at HL. I HAD to buy it and when I did.... 50% off. Score!! The clerk told me it was the last one, and I said "of how many??" She said the last one of 50!! I guess I wasn't the only one who loved it. The plaque at the bottom says "I do believe."

There was a poem on the back so I copied it, framed it and have it on a stand near the painting.

The view into the living room:

The sofa wall:

A closer view of the secretary. I just found the gold Santa piece on top at GdWl a couple of weeks ago. The animated Santa is switched and when its on he moves and a cassette tape plays the entire poem Twas the Night Before Christmas.

I found it at Habitat TS after Christmas a few yrs ago on clearance for $5!!

I special ordered the Santa rug at Home Depot 3 or 4 yrs ago. I made the silk arrangement on the coffee table.

More to come....

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

candy,,,that Santa print is BEAUTIFUL ...I haven't seen it at HL here...so precious. Your 'Santa' LR looks so festive & ready for Christmas! That gold plate is a find! I've admired the gold bust Santa's at HL, too. Your collection is fun to see...TFS! Jeanne S.
    (& I love the rug..I remember it!)

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I don't know if you can read the poem, but I couldn't read it without bringing me to tears.

My Mom, DD's, and the DGK's are coming over tomorrow to bake cookies and we will be decorating the tree in there when they are here.
    Flour gets all over the kitchen, we all have our Santa aprons, and Bobby Vinton songs are blaring while we are baking and decorating!! Making memories at Grandmas!! I absolutely love it!

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS By the magical light of a small Christmas candle A little old man tries to carefully handle The small porcelain manger which serves as a bed For the wee Baby Jesus to lay down His head. In wonder he brings the manger up to his view, Smiles at the baby and whispers, "I love you! I love you for bringing this season of joy, I love you for growing to a man from a boy; For being our light and leading the way, For being the spirit which makes Christmas Day! You?ve been my mentor, my model, my hero and guide, Please continue to help me and stay by my side. I?ve tried to follow your teachings and give as you gave, Reminding all to be kind and that it?s wise to behave. Help me to serve others and bring them your light, Especially the children, please bless them tonight! Some have so very little, scarce food for their table, You know how it feels - you were born in a stable! Bless all their mothers and fathers with a knowledge that?s sure, The best gift they can give is their love, strong and pure. That?s the Spirit of Christmas when all?s said and done, God?s gift of love, that came as His Son!" Then back to His mother the child is returned The Nativity glows as the candle is burned. In a wink the little old man slips quietly away Some say he goes up the chimney and climbs in a sleigh. Whatever the case, His mission is clear - Give unto others, bringing love and good cheer. He flies into the night and bids us adieu Doing for others what Jesus would do! Greg Olsen - 2009

Candy, I couldn't help but post your poem so everyone can enjoy. I've read it before and it's touching. Your room is beautiful! The new picture looks wonderful hanging in there. So many neat things and all so nicely placed.

Sounds like you will be 'Rockin Around The Christmas Tree' and kitchen tomorrow. Nothing better than fun times at Grandmas. Have fun and enjoy.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, very cool message! Thanks! This framed pic is a 'jewel'...nice find, candy! And sounds like a 'jewel' of a Christmas tradition...baking cookies...enjoy! Enjoy!

Thanks, punk, for re-posting. Jeanne S.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

The poem almost made me cry! LOVE the picture. My dh would feel comfy in your room because don't ever tell him there's no Santa, even though our kids have left the nest! lol

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Punk, thank you soo much for posting the poem. I really appreciate it.

Jeanne, it was a fabulous day, but I am pooped right now.
    The cutest thing was that we all have our aprons we wear while we're baking and the girls all have santa aprons. They are red aprons with white fur and a black belt/gold buckle. I had a dish towel and pot holder like that, so I took the pot holder and added buttons and ties and it was a perfect sized apron for Dylan!! She even had a little Santa hat! TOOOOO CUTE!!!!

Oakley, we still believe in Santa around here too! LOL

Thanks everybody,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Candy, The Santa painting is lovely, and the poem is touching.
    Your living room sure is festive! Santa would feel right at home there.
    Sounds like you had a great day.

WHAT? Are you saying that there are people who don't believe in Santa? I AM SHOCKED!!

Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

What a lovely room Candy! And your Santa print is so nice and the poem is very touching as well.

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Your home is so warm Candy! Just lovely. I am a big Santa fan too and yes, I do still believe :)
    Oooh...I have seen that picture at HL and have loved it too! I was shopping w/ DMIL in October and we went to her favorite store, Kirkland's and I bought a big round Santa picture, on sale too :). I don't want to hijack your post so I will post my decor in a new post in the next day or so.
    Keep warm this week ;)
    Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy what a beautiful print! Such a fabulous find and so perfect for your 'Santa Living Room' !! It fits beautifully over your sofa. The poem is so touching too.
    What better way to create GMa memories than baking Christmas Cookies with them!! They are very lucky to have you and that you're always thinking of them in special ways..that too will always be with them.
    TFS
    jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Beautiful Santa print, Candy...and I remember your neat rug from last year. I love Santas too. How could anyone
    not believe!

hugs, Karen

• Joe King II
    7 years ago

I love this and am now on the hunt to find my own. Thank you so much for sharing!

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator
More Discussions