Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Christmas Pics #3

plainjane425
13 years ago

Since I'm home early from the hosp tonight, to 'unwind', I grabbed a moment to post a few more pics I took two wks ago.

Pictures taken in the LR...

Writing Desk...

The old photo is of me and my DF taken one Christmas 'in the olden days' - As my Gkids call it.

This little ornament was too sweet to hang, so I thought I'd give her some special attention. I placed her in a hurricane and added a snowflake and some powdered snow.

Coffee Table with one of my favorite tea cups and Christmas Book.

Some 'Christmas Past' photos. The large Santa was a gift yrs ago from DD from Petals.. You might remember him from last yr, in a Tablescape.

Hope you enjoyed looking..

I have some more pics and will try to post again tomorrow

night.

jane

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I really enjoyed, Jane! Glad you had some moments to come here & unwind...sitting at hospitals is not fun at all!

Love how you use your pics & books & candlelight! Everything is so warm, comfy & inviting. I like how you gave that girl ornie a special place in the hurricane & the touches you put with her! Your writing desk looks wonderful...those little dolls with the Christmas book...& a precious photo of you & DD!

Your Christmas past photos & that Santa are beautifully displayed on that lovely glass-topped table with lace. TFS tonight & take good care of yourself, Jane...hugs to you. Jeanne S.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Jane,

Everything is so nostalgic! I love to see photos integrated into holiday decor--that picture of you two with Santa is precious. I love the Christmas books and the "Cup of Christmas tea." That is so inviting.

Think of all the wonderful memories you are making for your Gkids...and remember to take care of yourself

- Magpie

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jeanne..it was good to come here and 'escape' a little tonight. Your're right about just sitting in the hospital - not being fun.
    You've got a good eye to see the lace on that glass table.
    It actually was a table cloth from my DGM's DR table. -my Dad's mother. She used it on her Very Large DR table and as a little girl, I just loved it. Over the yrs, being washed and washed, it has shrunk down to a much smaller size - even though it 'puddles' on the floor, it's just perfect for that table.. I love it for all the wonderful memories it brings, of a once very large Italian Family enjoying the Holidays together and wonderful meals.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jane, its all lovely! Your little girl ornament in the hurricane is just precious. And I love the little girl caroler on the desk too. The last photo...beautiful.
    I'm so glad you could share these photos with us!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jane,
    How beautiful!!
    you have such a knack for arranging things.

NanaKaren

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Totally agree with everyone else's comments. You have a knack for making even the littlest things look beautiful. You have lots of nice greenery/berry sprigs that look so nice tucked in cups and things. Your decor always looks so "classy". Great job! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep. Luvs

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Jane, the decorations are so calming, I love them!

Could I ask you to do me a huge favor? I have a sitting room with white beadboard on the bottom of the wall, and the same color paint as your's on top.

Can I see how you've decorated your whole room and the colors you use?

I'll be gone for almost 24 hours starting later, so you don't have to do it THIS minute. lol

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jane, everyone else has said it all for me too. I love seeing how you decorate and your pictures are so pretty. Wonderful display with past Christmas pictures.

Punk

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions