Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Share Your 'Nativity' Decor Here (if you wish)

jeannespines
13 years ago

ladypat posted a "Take a moment for yourself" thread today ..inspired me to start this thread of sharing nativity scenes from your homes...so here's mine to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas:

Nativity set from Mexico (gift from parents) white trimmed with gold...I have it on a glass platter with faux snow & a fav candlelight angels which spin from the heat of the candles...sits on end table in LR...nighttime view:

Here's view with "flash" so you can see what looks like in daytime:

Top of china cabinet in LR near DR...nighttime view:

From other angle, this is where mercury glass candleholder & birds (you've seen before) sit:

And this Mexico soapstone set (gift from parents) now sits on cedar chest (as I am short one end table this season...vine tree on it!)

And, of course, Dollbaby...posted a few weeks ago:

{{gwi:1466400}}

Would love to see your nativity decor! Merry Christmas!

Jeanne S.

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What lovely Nativity sets you have Jeanne.
    The one from Mexico is quite different. I like the setting, on the mirror with the Swedish Angel Chimes. The one with the soft candle light from the lantern is just beautiful. It has such a peaceful setting. I love the figures.
    Did the soapstone Nativity come with the glass case? It fits perfectly in there and showcases it beautifully.
    I remember Babydoll's and thought it was so sweet and perfect for her.
    My Nativity is all set up, but for some reason 'dang#*@' the light set went out on it. I don't have the head to go through the lights one by by..Hopefully w/o too much fussing, I can fix it and post it.
    Thanks for starting this post..It IS the Real Reason For The Season...

jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, Jane.
    And for identifying the name of the chimes..Swedish Angel!

The soapstone Nativity did come with the mirror backed glass house...my parents were Winter Texans & brought back nativity sets for us all/kids/grandkids...they found those glass houses, too, that yr. We cherish the memories!

The Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus is one of those ceramic days we've shared about before...mid 70's ...I've always cherished it, too.

Good luck with the "lights!" Jeanne S.

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

No pic here, yet. I let the girls put it out when they are home for Christmas. The manger was made by their dad, from barn wood from their family farm. From the time the girls were little (they are 1 year apart) they fussed over who would arrange all the pieces and how. They would sneak in after the other arranged it and re arrange it. Then as they got to be older, they started just moving one of the camels. Just bizarre little things to irritate each other. So FUNNY! The camel would show up in the oddest places. SO, because of all that history, now I leave the nativity scene alone until they get home. Daugher #2 will be in town Thursday nite. Let the games begin....

Pat

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Lovely pictures!

Here's mine in the living room.

{{gwi:1466905}}

• arcy_gw
    13 years ago

At last count I have 40. They are my collection of choice. One in every room for sure..even the bathroom, I even have a rubber one on the back of the throw that my kids used to play with in the bathtub. My newest I inherited this year from my MIL who died last spring. All the pieces are approx. 12" tall so of course I have always been envious of her. The only place I don't have one (or more) is outside. I lost both. I had a light up one on the picture window and a white silhouette one in the yard,but last winter was too hard on them so they are gone now. From pillows, to table runners,an advent "wreath",ornaments, advent calendars; in ceramic, cloth, wire,wood, glass,plastic I have one. My largest set has 15 pieces, my smallest, the Holy Family. Many I picked up at garage sales. In my house there is no doubt what the reason for the season is!!

• winchesterva
    13 years ago

We have been searching for a nativity for several years and have never found one that both of us liked, until a trip to visit friends in PA over the Thanksgiving holiday. Sorry, the pictures are not that great, but we love it!

{{gwi:1466906}}

{{gwi:1466907}}

{{gwi:1466908}}

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Wonderful Nativities everyone. I don't have mine out of the box yet. I'm going to do that tomorrow. Some people I know don't put Baby Jesus out until Christmas Day.
    NanaKaren

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Here's mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nativity Set

• lacledemg
    13 years ago

Here is a pic of the Nativity I made back in 1966. My dad made the stable for me and my husband and I added palm trees to it this year. They aren't in the pic as we didn't have them finished when I took the photo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

You ladies have some beautiful nativity sets and all are so different. It will be fun to see how these grow every year. I will see what I can do next year!

Punk

• jaybird
    13 years ago

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Pat, I loved the story of your daughters. Bet they have fun memories of "messing with each other" over it. ;o)

I agree, so many different ones and all so special. I have a couple of little ones, I'll have to get some pics taken to share.

Luvs

• jaybird
    13 years ago

oops, for got this little cutie....

I also have the one in the link, but I forgot to take a picture of it! It is really beautiful lit up.

Here is a link that might be useful: scentsy

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, ladies...

All these nativities are so beautiful & unique in their own way & I love the sharing of pics & stories! Here's a lovely poem I found on the Internet:

Sweet Baby, Jesus, gentle and mild
    Born in a manger, sweet, Holy, Child,
    Shepherds and Wise Men came from afar,
    Seeking a Savior, they followed a star,

Sweet Baby, Jesus, sent from above,
    Son of our Father gift of God's love,
    In realms of glory, angels did sing
    Heavens rejoiced as they welcomed a King.

Sweet Baby, Jesus, Mary's sweet Child,
    Light of our life, sweet Babe so mild,
    There in a manger, Thou art adored,
    Jesus, we greet Thee, our Savior, our Lord.

Sweet Baby, Jesus, send peace to earth,
    Lift up all hearts through Thy holy birth.
    Now at Thy crib, as evening draws nigh,
    Hear this our praises from earth to the skies.

Christmas Poem Sweet Baby Jesus
    poem by � Edna Massimilla.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

J, so glad you joined in with your neat nativity scenes.

Jeanne, sweet poem and so glad you shared it with us.

Punk

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting
More Discussions