Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fun Christmas Decorating in the Living Room!

jeannespines
10 years ago

We put up our tree this weekend ...which is always fun reminiscing about the ornaments ... just DH & I this yr but then we had a surprise visit from our son so he got roped into helping to... a great day!

Today I got the rest of my totes (way too many, 'Holiday-ers') unpacked & got another room done...the living room...here are some fun things ~~

My gr'ma's old treadle sewing machine...I learned to sew on it as a kid! Fun Santa & Elf time here ~~ everything is 'thrift' finds thru the yrs ... the Santa is my latest purchase... chalkware bank...made in Japan:

Here's another view ... the old window saved from my sis' farmhouse before it was torn down 10+ yrs ago:

Sorry ...poor lighting ... took these tonight.
Got Mr. & Mrs. Santa up under the tree ... oldies but goodies & still working:

...and here's our beautiful Frasier Fir pine tree we got @tree farm Sat ... small blue LED lights & a bit larger white LED lights ... I love it...can't see many ornaments but in the daylight you can!

...and some of my hubby's silly animated characters! (gifts from kids the past yrs):

...and it was nice enough to get my new (old) lath board star up @the porch garden bird feeder where hubby keeps the birds fed & I love to take their photos! If you look close you can see a female cardinal in the feeder. ;-)

Well, I've rattled on ...TFLookin' ~~Jeanne S.

Comments (7)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Jeanne, as I've said previously, your home is the warmest and most welcoming place! And I love that most everything has such history and you share the stories with us.

Your blue tree is beautiful ! And you've been one busy little bee! :o)
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, inside and out, it's gorgeous! What a nwonderful
    vignette on DGM's sewing table. Love the night shot with the pictures
    above it.

Your blue Christmas tree is awesome. Mr & Mrs and others
    so pretty out in front. I'm sure it is beautiful during the day
    showing all the ornaments. Nice that you added DH's animated
    characters from the past to share this season. I have some
    things around our tree also.

What a cool outside display. Doesn't get much better than
    this one.!!! You've been busy and I'm lovin' all of it. TFS

Punk

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Love your displays! The Mr. and Mrs. Clause by the tree are so cute! :)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

So pretty, Jeanne.
    i love the rustic look of your displays.
    Nana.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne...I ALWAYS enjoy seeing your home decorated
    anytime...and at Christmas...it's just extra lovely. I've come to enjoy seeing your 'oldies but goodies' decorations ..and yes the way you decorate both inside
    and out...it's all so warm and welcoming.
    Love that new/old lath star by the bird feeder..what a nice accent piece.
    As Punk said...'you've been busy and I'm lovin it all' !!
    jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers! I added a birds' nest today to the bottom of the vine wreath on the lath star...hubby made me the lath star. It sure is a fun time of the year...I hope to get some more decorating done & share some pics of the porch...not started out there yet...but the totes are unloaded.

I guess I do decorate with 'old' goodies, uh. The lil' eleves in the set of 3 wood wall hangers are Homco ... garage sale or thrift shop finds! ;-) I love Christmas time & Winter decor ... snowmen, esp & I love those blue LED lights & the larger white ones on the tree! So pretty in here!

I saw this tree shared on Facebook...don't know who to give credit to...it's a Pinterest one, I think ~~ but I'm working on this project, too ... now a deep freeze here for at least the next week....aargh ...so don't know if when I'll get back to it. ;-) Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, that's pretty cool. I'll have to keep a picture
    and check out our old rakes. Have you decided where
    your new santa on the old wood is going?

I need to get busy and share some pictures of our decor.
    Time to quit pickin' and grinnin' this year. Stay warm and
    safe and keep sharing. It's -5 here. Can handle it until the
    wind decides to be naughty. This is why I shouldn't live in
    MT!LOL

Punk

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County
More Discussions