Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Christmas/Winter Decor has begun! It's Dec 1st, Holidayers!

jeannespines
11 years ago

Got a good start this afternoon on kitchen/dining area ... my Winter dishes out of the top cupboards, washed & ready to use ...Pfaltzgraff Winterfrost pattern. Dark tonight so only took a few pics ...will share more later using day lighting...but here's the top of the fridge w/my fave pottery snowmen!

On the corner countertop I once again used silver plate w/crystal pcs that I got at various thrift stores the past few yrs ...Santa, his sleigh, pine tree & candlelight...the silver birds I bought new a few yrs ago (gift to self! Aha!)

Here's another view ...remember those home parties we used to get coaxed into going to ...well, this round crystal candleholder I got for my Mom one yr for Christmas many yrs ago & she gave it back to me when she was very ill...don't you love the pattern reflected on the countertop!

The framed pic is me as a little girl tapdancing...that's the outfit Dollbaby wears for Christmas...she isn't dressed up yet ...soon!

One more pic...on top of the buffet ...it's about done ... will share more pics later ...but here's my find last yr of the musical kissing angels (the lil guy turns to the music) ...they look very vintage...found them after Christmas @ a consignment shop...shared pics earlier this yr.

Well, it is Dec. 1st, Holiday-ers ...so it's time to begin! Enjoy! I'm pooped but it was fun while I lasted! LOL! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (20)

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Jeanne, you may be right that it's time to begin, but I'm still holding off and out for more golfing weather. lol! I'll probably start the winter/xmas decorations sometime this week though. :p

I LOVE your pottery snowmen!!! Thanks for reminding me of my tall pottery snowman -- and that I need to get out the snowman dishware! Your silver birds are awesome, and it has always been my experience that "gifts to self" are exactly what you wanted. :)

TFS!

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

jeanne,
    Oooh, they are all so sweet.
    Love them.

TFS

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

OH, you put my favorite little snowmen out. I just love their colors.

Love the story on the crystal ball. (I have a couple of things that mimic that.) And like the silver christmas frame too.

You gals are all getting ahead of me. I've GOT to start today.

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

Jeanne - I have always loved your little vignettes - each one tells it's own little story - I am doing a little bit each day and will start taking picture. My big problem is I keep tweaking and changing right up to Christmas day as I pull out more stuff. I think that means I have TOO much stuff - lol. Just got done going through my last years album as a refresher course of what I did .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, love your snowmen and mirror stars above the fridge. I always look forward to seeing your winter dishes. I still smile knowing you found glassware to match. I decorated the top of my fridge with red, green and crystal this year for a change. Not sure I'm crazy about all this red and green in the kitchen and DR but it's bright.

Crystal and light, now that's NICE! Your dance picture of you a few years ago(HA) is so darling. Such a beautiful setting. I know what your saying, this decorating is Hard Work! I still have so much garland I want to add inside.

Oh, I found some kissing angels this summer! Not a clue where they might be. I came across my little vintage angels and two of the three are broken. Apparently I need lesson in packing!

So are you moving on to decorating the tree? Always enjoy your decor. Keep motivating all here to decorate, decorate, and decorate some more. I love to head home after a long day at the office and drive by all the homes lit up. Then come to the Holiday forum here and enjoy all your beautiful homes you've shared.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, party, GG, OA, lynnenc & punk, for your sweet comments. Tis the season now, uh! A little each day ... I have 12 totes on my porch ...now 3 are back in garage...so I'll putz @it for a few wks usually!

Here's some day pics of Platzgraff Winterfrost dishes...love em & I display them on the countertop island (actually a half wall) & we use them for everyday dishes in the Winter...2 bowls are in the dishwasher already today!) ;-)

Plates ...silvery & blues ...

This cup holder I found at a consignment shop so added this season...it's cool! PPhotobucket

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Photobucket is giving me fits today ...so I'll just upload the image in the optional Garden web box above ...sorry that they will be BIG pics then...that's how it works, I guess...

Here's the cupholder I found @consignment shop earlier this yr ...took awhile to find one I thought would be perfect w/these dishes...what do you think?

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

...eh gads, back to Photobucket...can only do 1 pic in the Garden Web 'image file to upload' option ...here's full view ...then I'll quit ... TFLookin', Holiday-ers! Jeanne S.

Here's the polar bear (inside of the bowls) ...I've been on the 'hunt' for a white polar bear (pottery or china) for a few yrs now...no luck yet!

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Love your winter frost patterned dishes....so pretty! And all of of your other decor is so pretty too. We're getting started here....it has been a slow process for me...have had a terrible gout attack this past week, so not a lot of moving without pain. But, we're getting there. Gonna take pictures this time I promise!

Thanks for getting us started Jeanne~

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good, pictures, Marlene! Sorry about the gout...terrible stuff ...take good care & go slow...I am. Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, the cup holder is perfect! Love your set of dishes. I see the tree up in the background. All this decorating is so much work but so fun to see. I need to figure out how to have days off in Dec. so I can decorate.HAHA

Marlene, sorry to hear about the gout attack. DH has gout and RA. His new medication has helped considerably. We use to run to the ER once or twice a year for kidney stones too and haven't had an attack with that this year. Do what you can.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I just have to "ditto" what Lynne said...she nailed it.

"I have always loved your little vignettes - each one tells it's own little story".

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Jeanne!
    I love your vignettes too.
    I remember the kissing angels they are precious.
    The Winterfrost dishes are really great. I hope you find more polar bear pieces.
    Nana

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Lovely, lovely, lovely. I especially like your idea of putting the winter dishes out so they will get used daily.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Jeanne..your Pottery Snowmen are my favorite of yours too!
    The vignette you set up with your crystal pieces and candles is lovely and has a
    'Wintery Frosty' look to it..and of course, those cute
    kissing angels are adorable..love the vintage look to them.
    I think the new cup holder IS a perfect accent piece for your Winterfrost Dishes.
    I love how you have them displayed along with the glasses.
    Looks like you got off to a great beginning for
    Christmas/Winter...I always enjoy what you do.
    jane

• ncnana
    11 years ago

I always thought your pictures were amongst the many great ones here, these are no excetption - Gail

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ummmm...this post is from Dec. 1st & today is Dec. 12th ...& am still decorating! Well, I miss a day now & then to go shopping or do a little volunteer work ...I think it's about time to put the 'totes away' & call it good! Time to wrap pkgs & work on some Christmas gifts...LOL!

Anyway, for Jane...this is one of those 'remote control' candles WORKING again this yr! I thought you would be pleased to know that ...cause you use them so beautifully on your mantle. I need a couple more hurricanes for the other 2 sizes ...but here's a pic of my Winter Platzgraff wine glasses & goblets (both thrift shop finds!) Jeanne

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Closer view ~~

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Jeanne your dishes are so pretty, such a soft winter design. Love the bears inside the bowls especially. ;o) What a great idea to display your dishes. I can see the small holders in front, what holds the big plates up? The new cup holder couldn't be more perfect, good choice.

Speaking of totes and bins, I managed to pull a muscle stretching to put one back up on a high shelf in the storage area! Next time, I will use the step stool!

Luvs

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers for your wonderful comments...

luvs ... Yes, using a step-stool..sometimes we get in too much a hurry ...hope you feel better soon ...I am happy to hear that you are putting some Christmas decor out. The plate holder 'thingy' has slots on the bottom as you may be able to see in this pic & is just 1 LONG holder & the 3 'curly cue' thingy's help in case the plates would fall over. Works pretty good & we use these dishes for 'every day' during the Winter season...well, not the goblets/wine glasses up above the sliding doors! ;-) Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions