Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

Christmas at Phoggie's House

phoggie
10 years ago

There are still some things that I have added...there will be three large black urns with blue spruce, pine, white painted twigs, and etc. placed on the front porch. There is a large centerpiece made of pine, candles, greenery, etc. on the dining room table...as well as twigs of pine stuck in and around the photos in on the LR wall....etc.

Comments (14)

• frugalwallflower
    10 years ago

What a beautiful job you've done decorating! Your house is beautiful, too! You've given me inspiration to decorate a bit more than I had planned. So pretty, yet serene.

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

I really like how you wrapped those posts...giant candy canes :o). I just have one post on my porch, but never thought to do that with it. Thank you for a 'new' idea for me!

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Wow Phoggie, first of all I must say your home looks emaculate! Add the Christmas decorations and it's beautiful. Love the outside decor. The santa tree is my favorite!!!

Your Byers Choice Carolers are neat and displayed very nice. I was lucky and got the bride and groom in their boxes for $2 at a yard sale this summer. Both bedrooms are very tastefully decorated and look lovely.

I'm enjoying seeing your nativity scene. Haven't brought any of mine out yet. Nice job decorating your chandy, living room, dining room and kitchen. Your home looks festive and ready to enjoy.

TFS, Punk

• decorcrzy
    10 years ago

garland on a headboard, I never thought of that, it looks like fun. So much less invasive than a large christmas tree in the bedroom, with just as much festiveness.

I agree with Punk, I am just soo impressed with how crisp and clean everything looks. I just want to move in and relax with a cup of coffee in the living room and sit back and enjoy the decorations, luv it!

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

I love it all phoggie, the front of your house looks so festive.
    Your home is lovely and your rooms are beautifully decorated and warm and inviting.
    TFS
    Nana

• party_music50
    10 years ago

I agree, it all looks beautiful and especially the decor in the bedrooms! I'd never think to decorate a headboard. :p

• phoggie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for your wonderful praises~~ I had the help of my children in doing this because my house will be featured on the Christmas Home Tour next Saturday. It was fun, but doubt if it will look this way next year :-) My DS and DSIL wrapped those poles...I had fun watching them take the ruler and make sure the ribbon was exact.
    My DD stood on the DR table and did the chany. The dishware is also belongs to her and I was fortunate to have them to use....they are so pretty. I wish I had the urns out for this pic....they turned out very well (or so I think).

I'd love for all of you to be able to come for that cup of coffee and chat awhile. I am so happy here and glad I came "back home" after my DH died. It was a huge step but have never regretted it for a minute....only wish I had him here to enjoy "our" new house...he would have loved it here on the little lake that he loved so well.

Merry Christmas to each and every one of you and I hope 2014 will be very kind to you and your loved ones.

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Everything looks great! I like your little white tree and the way you did candy cane stripes outside! Cute decor on your light fixture also! :)

-SD

• sheilajoyce_gw
    10 years ago

My neighbor worked on the big home tour in Pasadena. They sew the silverware onto the tablecloth to prevent pilfering. I do hope you are doing something like that to protect the family silver. It is a shame to have to do that, but be safe. And take small valuables OUT of the house. Lock them in the trunk of the car.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Welcome back, Phoggie! I sure enjoyed the tour ... & so glad that you had your DS & DSIL there to help w/the decorating...what fun ... a Christmas tour!!

I was struck by the 'candy cane' pillars, too ... so they did measure & make them perfect, uh! ;-) Your porch area is so pretty & I can imagine the big filled urns there by those rockers!

What a lovely bedroom w/the red throw, red pillows & the 'stockings' garland ... that white tree on a dresser sure looks pretty, too, w/the red ornies.

Your carolers are adorable & look wonderful in that blanket of snow ...& your nativity set is a beauty, esp that manger.

Looks like everyone will enjoy sitting around that festive table & or @the bar ... lovely red accessories. Yes, everything looks so Christmas-y & 'orderly,' You all did a great job & TFSharing your home! (& I am happy that you have been able to come back here & share your house on the lake). Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Lovey Phoggie, not only your festive
    Christmas decorations
    but your home as well.
    It's all so warm and inviting.
    Thanks for sharing it all with us.
    jane

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

Very tasteful and so nice to have some help while you are decorating!

I'm sure all the tourists will be suitable impressed.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

I had to go back and take the tour.....first time I looked, I thought it was just the one photo. Senior moment! I really love the way your chandy is decorated. WOW.

Your home looks like one of the 'model homes' or one in a magazine. Very pretty!

I'm glad to hear you are happy being back "back home", tho I know its bittersweet without your husband there to share it with you. Sending you warmest wishes for a nice Christmas with your family.
    hugs, Karen

• phoggie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just realized that there are no pics of my bathrooms :-( In the guest bathroom, the walls are painted a light blue, with a hint of gray. My DD bought me a beautiful silver wreath to hang over the stool, a little silver tree with blue/silver/gold balls, she hung silver ornaments on ribbons from the trim above the window and silver mesh wrapped in and through the light over the sink.

In my bathroom, the walls are painted mushroom, we put greenery, red balls, and white battery candles over the cupboards, put spruce/pine/red berries, etc. in the hanging tin pot between the mirrors, hung candy canes by red ribbon from the curtain rod over the window, made a candy cane arrangement around a big red candle for the vanity, also a small little green tree with the only decoration is a red bow at the base.

I know it is hard to visualize, but you might get the idea.