Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Imitating OA, thanks for the inspiration

christmascandy
11 years ago

After OA posted her Cocoa Bar, I was on a quest!

I had bought the cocoa dipenser after Christmas several years ago. Then I found the mug and cake plate that matched it at some TS's. I also had the largest glass snowman jar.
After I saw OA's cocoa bar post I went searching and found a couple more snowman jars at TS's, one was .25 and the other was $1.95 I also found the little red demitasse set at a TS for $3 and the 2 Will. Sonoma snowman mugs at GdWl for .49 ea - 15% discount = .42 ea. The jar with the peppermints label was .50 at the same store as the demitasse set.
I had the 2 spoons already and bought a set of measuring spoons at DT to get the red and white one. I also already had the little snowman jar of red crystal sugar, the jar of red hots, and the cinnamon jar. I bought the marshmallow sticks and the little gingerbread house at DT.
So with not too much expense, and a lot of shopping my home, I put together my version of a cocoa bar.
I also already had the snowman chalkboard.

I also had the mini marshmallows left over from Thanksgiving.

G*od Bless Us Everyone,
Candy

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

So cute, Candy. And it looks like you had the perfect counter space for it too. Like how you used the books in the vignette as well. You are such a great shopper! I'd never find what I wanted if I went looking for specific things! Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Cute! Cute! Cute! I think I need some cocoa!

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

OH MY GOOOOOOSH! That is wonderful! Honestly, CC, you are the best shopper. I'm going to have to ring my jars with red and white ribbon next year. And that snowman chalkboard is PERFECT. I'm adding snowmen heads to mine next year too.

That cocoa dispenser really sets the tone. I've never seen one before. Where on earth did you find it? I'm going to Google "cocoa dispenser" as soon as I finish this post.

I love everything you did - right down to the ribbons on the mug handles (another thing I'll be doing next year too).

Say, next year we should have a Cocoa Bar Post where everyone shares their cocoa bars - just like we do a theme table setting.

Yours is too fun.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luvs, I already had the cocoa dispenser, amd matching cake plate and mug. I also had the clear large snowman jar. I was looking for a milk bottle carrier like OA's and actually found a BH&G qt bottle carrier, but it didn't work with the things I eventually assembled, so it will wait for a table where it can be a CP, LOL
    What I found was the clear snowman jar with the cork top, and then I remembered I had the large one. After that, I found the smaller one for .25, so they became my containers. The same store that had the demitasse set, had the .25 snowman jar, and the clear container holding the marshmallow sticks, .50 and the jar with the peppermints label already on it, also .50! Then it all started coming together. The picture on the demitasse set box appeared orange, so I was thrilled when I opened the box and saw it was red, WOOHOO!!
    The book behind it is one I found in a shop and the real name of the lady who wrote it is Candy Christmas!!! It has pictures of her home and holiday foods and menus.

Marlene, I had to have some cocoa yesterday while it was snowing outside!

OA, I bought the cocoa dispenser at Target after Christmas several years ago, when everything was 75% off!! Then I found the matching cake plate at a TS and then another year found the matching mug at another TS. I'm still looking for more matching mugs. I thought the Wm Sonoma ones were close enough to work well with the grouping.
    I had the chalkboard already, so haven't bought any chalkboard paint yet, LOL! The cork top on the little snowman with the mini marshmallows in it seems to be keeping them nice and soft! Not easy in this dry climate.

I was able to copy the labels you told me about, but not able to put them into one of the circle tags, so I cheated and traced a circle around them, cut them out, and glued them to the snowflakes. I was finally able to get some circle tags and type words into them, but I sure do NOT have your mad computer skills!!!

Anyhow, I had not planned on it all being snowmen until I started finding all of the pieces and then it just kind of created itself! When you have as much "stuff" around the house as I do, shopping the house is fairly easy, LOL

Thanks again for the idea! We sure are glad you are back here posting!

Sorry you only found 3 of the Santa Hat chair covers this year, but Doll. Tree actually has a website where you can order some of their things, so maybe you can get them next year.

Merry Christmas,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

How cool, Candy!!
    Your family will be delighted.
    We aren't big Hot Chocolate drinkers,
    but this is a fun idea.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas
    Nana

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Well, isn't that just the cutest! Hot cocoa coming right up! & served by snowmen!! Love it! You're a great thrift shopper, candy ...& you found such cute pcs...of course, the snowman dispenser is the best of all! The cake plate is a terric way to 'showcase' the mugs & I love the ribbons you've used thru out! Red hots & marshmallows, who could ask for anything more! TFS, candy & I think OA has a great idea for next yr posting 'cocoa bars' on our forum! Merry Christmas! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

.....I'll be right over, get my mug ready ;o)

Honestly Candy, you never fail to amaze me with your shopping skills and finds!

These cocoa bars you and O.A. did are something else. Can't wait to see what happens NEXT year. LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    11 years ago

That is a very cute arrangement and I'm glad to know that it's being used! Hot cocoa was always our treat after spending hours sledding or cross-country skiing. :)

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Love it!!

This site is so much fun.
    I enjoy seeing the original ideas and then how each of you carry it out in your own ways.
    I also love to TS shop and am so proud when I get something I'm looking for for pennies.

I, too, followed with my cocoa bar.
    I'll try to post some pics.

TFS,
    GGail

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

It looks great!

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Candy, This is so stinkin' cute. Love your snowman cocoa dipenser
    and everything else to go with it here!!! This is just fun to the end.
    I see your smiling in the picture. I'm smilin' over this too.

Punk

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions