Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

18 guests = 3 tables

christmascandy
10 years ago

We celebrated Christmas yesterday with my DD's and DGK's and DH's DGK's so we had 18 for dinner.

I had 10 at the dining room table.

4 at the Kit. table.

4 at the sunroom table.

It was fun to eat at tables I set for a change.

The menu was twice baked brisket, au gratin potatoes, shoepeg corn, salad, and croissants.

Merry Christmas everyone,
Candy

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Your three tables....Beautiful, Cute, and Sweet. All look wonderful, but I think I'd have asked to sit at the kids' table. LOL. Love the centerpiece and plates, adorable!

You sure had crew to feed (and clean up after). Pretty impressive with all the other stuff you're constantly doing. I'm beginning to think Candy doesn't have an "Off switch". :o) The Energizer Bunny has nothing on you!

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Karen.
    There is no "kids" table as I just have everyone pick a plate/place, and go through the buffet line, and sit where they removed the plate.

I am enjoying having a few moments to actually sit and post now that everyone is gone, although we did enjoy the visit!

DH actually cleaned up while I was at church yesterday!!
    Talk about a Christmas miracle!!!

Blessings to you,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

OMG.....DH cleaned up??? Definitely counts as a Christmas miracle. How wonderful for you.

I went back to the headings above the photos and you had put "Kit table". I thought it was 'kids', but its kitchen obviously. Duh. I still want to sit there tho. LOL

hugs, Karen

• sameboat
    10 years ago

Oh wow your tables are magical!

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Your DR looks beautiful as do the 3 tables.
    LOL I thought it was 'kid's ' table also!
    I think it's a nice ideal to have everyone choose where they sit. I usually do a buffet set
    up too, where everyone can help themselves...less clutter at the table w/no
    plates passing back and forth.
    I'm amazed with the 'Christmas Miracle', and DH doing the cleanup. He's a keeper!
    Hope you can enjoy some down time now Candy...
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, what beautiful tables to share with family this Christmas. Must
    be so fun with so many to enjoy. I'm sure everyone went home with lots
    of memories to cherish for years to come.

So happy to hear DH cleaned up while you was at church!Yeah
    This is alot of work and you deserved 'A Christmas Miracle'. Now I hope
    you can relax and enjoy what you want to do for awhile.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Wow! Looks like you had a lot of fun setting these tables up, candy! We do buffet style, too & the family is growing & the table space is not! May not be able to use the 3 season room w/just a little electric heater this yr with this early COLD season! Calling for -20 deg tonight (minus 20) Yikes ...

Whoops, I'm rambling...anyway, I the also love the 'kid' aka 'kit' table ...all the reds & whites...cone trees, etc. But that white wicker table/chairs always calls to me ...so I'm hustling 'oer to get a plate from there! Love the black & white combo w/the purple & gold underneath & that rich green t'cloth!

Oh, everything is beautiful...I'm glad you set tables for a change of pace ... lovely celebration! & fun times! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Candy your tables are wonderful! Great idea to have your guests pick up plates randomly!
    Sounds like everyone had a great time.
    What a treat that your DH did the clean up.
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions