Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my latest finds from antique mall

Purplemoon
13 years ago

I had a very successful shopping trip to the antique mall yesterday. Not only was it great to get out of the house and have fun after such a long time of "not", but to come

home with so many special things sure made my day!

I couldn't believe how many sellers had Nutcrackers displayed, I've never seen so many in fact. I bet there were 100. Its a wonder I only came home with 3. LOL.

One was fairly large, around 26" high. I have another one that size, so its nice to have two now. Both are on my hearth in family-room. Here's the new one, along with two 15" ones....love the wizard, he's wearing purple! ;o) (his actual title on the box is the Earl of Kenstyton! Fancy guy, and a "collectors item" apparently, so a bit more pricey. I had to think it over a bit, but really did want him. He was on sale, for $27. The blue Nutcracker was only $7 on sale in another booth. The first two are same

size by the way.

{{gwi:1466257}}

{{gwi:1466259}}

This is the tall one...

{{gwi:1466261}}

Then I got the Lenox "Polar Magic" Santa, for $20. He's one I've definitely wanted to add to my Lenox-Mikasa collection!

{{gwi:1466262}}

I don't normally buy Snowmen, but this S&P set was just too adorable for even me to resist. They are by Blue Sky Clayworks,$8. And the little Santa boot candle-holder

with the cardinal was $3.

{{gwi:1466263}}

But I think I might be most thrilled at this light purple hurricane. Its 22" high!!! The glass is that sort of crackled 'n bubbly stuff. The price was $13, which I couldn't believe.

{{gwi:1466264}}

So while yesterday was a lot of fun, today my legs are really griping about all that walking. It takes 2 full hours to go thru every seller's booth, that place is just huge! (my legs seem to think I should STAY in bed, and I think they should GO where my feet take them.)

I am STILL not done decorating either. The last 3 days I wasn't able to do much. Today I finished sorting the stuff I'm definitely not using. and got it all repacked and stored. :o( I can't believe how much is once again put away! Now I just have to try and finish up the living-room,

and see how much that I left out I'll be using. (tho most is boxes of ornaments and picks, and bead garland. So nothing big left. I did get the lighted garland on my living-room mantel tonight at least. I just have to finish by adding 'goodies' to it. And the 3 table trees.

Tomorrow!

I'm done, and done in at the moment.

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I hope you didn't OVER do it! That sounds like a lot of walking!
    I love your treasures, and I am glad you got out, but ,maybe less strenuous shopping next time!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Karen, so glad you added to your nutcracker collection with these beauties. That tall one has such a pretty paint job. It must of been so hard trying to decide which ones to buy with such a selection before your eyes.

My favorite is your Lenox "Polar Magic" Santa. That is just awesome! It will be beautiful with the rest of your collection.

The snowy s & p shakers and booty with cardinal are keepers. All three are just so cute and no wonder you couldn't resist them.

Your new purple hurricane is HUGE and you got a great deal on it. It looks marvelous!

I'm so happy for you to be able to get out and find so many special things. But so sad to hear those darn legs don't want to play well with your feet after all that shopping. Sounds like you accomplished quite abit tho. Having your lights on the mantel must be a wonderful feeling knowing that's done.

Punk

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Karen, darling nutcrackers, bet you love that purple guy!

Home Goods had one about the size of your big guy, it was a chef nutcracker but guess the price!!! $99.00!!!!

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Want that Polar Magic Santa! How beautiful! and a bargain. I did a 200% blow up to see each detail. How wonderful. And love the purple hurricane. Maybe you could start the next trend with purple mercury glass?
    Always happy for a successful shopper! Pat

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Karen, What wonderful treasures.
    Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!
    I hope your legs aren't complaining too much.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I certainly would say you were successful, what great finds. I love the purple nutcracker witht he bow and arrow and the little owl. The polar bears with Santa is gorgeous. And the little boot with the cardinal is my personal favorite, too cute.
    Frou

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

What terrific finds! Love the nutcrackers, and think that purple one was made especially for you! But, of all your new treasures, I am most in awe of your Polar Magic Santa. Well . . . lusting is probably a more accurate word ;^D It's beautiful and I want one now, too.
    Miss you all here, but this time of year is incredibly busy for me. Hope to be back again soon.
    Lynn

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

What darling treasures you found yesterday. The Santa is so pretty and the snowmen S&Ps are cute as a button. I am sure you will get year round use out of Hurricane vase - TFS .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Was unable to post last night (web difficulties, I guess)...& still can't start a new post to show pics ...but I am glad it lets me post comments to others this afternoon!

You did GREAT, PM! Purple, purple...love it! The wizard looks quite awesome with that purple tree! Great find! Can't wait to see a pic of your newbies on the mantle! (or wherever...I am lovin' your mantle changes this yr!)

Here's to you having more good days ahead! TFS! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
More Discussions