Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Our Christmas Table and Buffet

phonegirl
10 years ago

This is the table I sat for Christmas this year. I picked up the 2008 Artic Solstice dishes for $10 at a ys.
They we're priced but the guy said make me an offer and I did and he took it. They were still in the boxes.
It came with a lg serving dish and matching platter the deer cp is on also.

As it turned out today, we had several others join us for dinner which turned out to be alot of fun. DD,
DSIL and I did a quick change before the guests arrived so we could seat more. We had a wonderful
Christmas w/family and friends. Kids are heading to Spokane tomorrow and friends wanted to go visit
relatives tonight so it's pretty quiet now with just DH and I. He's watching a game so I jumped on here.

I'm glad I had taken some pictures before so I can share with all of my Holiday family here.
Since I used my deer as the cp, I hung my black bear stockings on the hutch behind. Also
redecorated the chandy w/black boa, ornaments and stars.

This is a close up of the deer cp. I've tried to find some more of these silver candles for the horns.
No luck, so still using a couple of ornaments to finish it off. I used the new sparkly stuff around and
added a few silver ornaments and candle.

Jeanne sent the Christmas card and picture of Dollbaby for TJ's tray. I also added this glass
nativity set on her tray for Christmas. Hope all the other little ones had a Merry Christmas too
and will come hang out more next Christmas. Maybe we can still take our girls on a sledding ride!

Here's a close up of the dishes. I would love to find more of this set. I used my silver beaded
place mats, added a candle votive with ring. Used the new red napkins w/star rings I picked up
for ten cents, brand new in the box at a ys this year.

Started thinking about winter decor when I decorated the buffet. I brought out the snowie and
moose riding trikes, my vase I painted and added snow. Right now I'm so glad I don't have alot
to put away on here. I even added some snowflakes to start my winter decor.

Merry Christmas and thanks again all my special friends for another fun year on our
Holiday forum. Punk

Comments (12)

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Everything is so festive. Those dishes are VERY NICE - even if you would have had to pay full price. They'll make great New Year's Eve dishes too.

Love all the surrounding decorations.

But, my favorite thing is the dollie who got a Christmas card from another dollie. That's priceless!

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks OA for all the sweet comments. That is hilarious that our dollies are so Special to us here on Holidays. Can't imagine life w/o little TJ now. Guess it's time to take the Christmas dress off.lol

Funny you mentioned using these dishes for New Years. I thought about that too. I still have a tote with all my crazy NY's decor some where in my garage.

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Pretty dishes and the doll's exchanging Christmas card is funny. Can't wait to see what you do for New Year's.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Everything is so cheerful and festive. Sounds like you had quite a houseful of family , friends and fun!
    Your t/ s is lovely ...those dishes were a nice find....and good
    price too. So cute that TJ got a Christmas card and picture from her 'long distance' friend' Dollbaby . Love it!
    Hope you and DH are enjoying your quiet time.
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

OH Punk your table is striking!!
    The black tc sets off your new dishes, beaded placemats, and other sparkly pieces beautifully.
    Using red flatware, napkins and trees is perfect. so gorgeous.
    Your buffet compliments the table perfectly I would love to see your Artic solstice dishes on New Year's Eve table.
    How sweet that TJ got a card from Dollbaby. Those adorable little ones really love being included in the festivities.
    Wonderful post Punk, It made me smile...
    Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

F2BH, thanks, I'm going to try to use these same dishes for New Years ts. I'll share if I do. I will be sharing my snowies next when I get pictures taken.

Thanks Jane, it was so fun having extras this year. Sometimes it works better when it's the last minute you find out there will be more. No time to panic that there might be a spot you forgot to clean.LOL I only worked a few hours yesterday and today so that was nice. I got all the Christmas down and most put away.

Thanks Nana, hopefully I'll get the NY eve table set with these dishes and share. Right now my feet all killing me from getting up and down on the ladder. I got my china cabinet redecorated with snowies so that's nice to have out of the way. I even put lights with it.

Poor little TJ is still in her Christmas dress so I'll try to change her out tomorrow. Thanks again for the sweet comments ladies.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Ohhhh boy, what a surprise to see Dollbaby on TJ's tray'scape! Just love it! Sweet as can be ...along with the glass nativity set & some chocolates! I guess I didn't post Dollbaby w/nativity set on her tray...I'll be changing it after the New Year ...I'll take a pic.

punk...I love the 'classy' new dishes you found @that gsale. Wow! They are beautiful w/the silver accessories...esp those placemats & crystal snowmen, trees, etc. Just so lovely!! Great find!

That deer centerpc is so stately ...nice that you added the ornaments, sparkly stuff & silver candle! What fun that you had 'extra' guests.

Looks like you're adding lots of FUN decor to your buffet ~~ sweet! TFS, punk...enjoyed! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the sweet comments, Jeanne. Will be watching to see Dollbaby ready for another year. I didn't bring out my kissing angels this year for Christmas but will probably use them for Valentine decor.

I reset the table and some of the buffet for New Years with these same dishes. TJ is ready for the NYEve party w/hat, noisemaker and etc. I've got most of the Christmas put away. Seems like every room I go into I find another thing I missed.

Do you remember the sleigh I put TJ on after Karen shared Teegan and buddies last year? Just remembered I used it up at DD's and told her to keep everything we hauled up there. Now I want it back for the winter decor.lol

Thanks again for the cards and comments. Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

punk ... here's Dollbaby with her nativity set for a tray-scape & an holding an old angel ... a memory of hubby's parents estate sale about 20 yrs ago.

I think I'll put the Winter snowman on his belly back on her tray for the new year! Happy New Year, punk & all you 'Holiday-ers!' Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dollbaby's adorable! Love her little nativity and angel. I have some of the old angels kinda like that but didn't take care and some have gotten broken. Not sure which tote they are in but was so disappointed when I seen broken pieces. Bet momma's not smiling about that! I didn't share pictures this year of my DGM old ornaments that I hang on gold moons but I wrote little notes on them to the kids so they will know they are old and hopefully cherish them and then pass on down.

I love her little snowie on his tummy. That furry little outfit is perfect during winter. I dressed TJ in her dress that was DGD's and will share for NYEve. Then she will be sharing the cute little outfit you sent her.

Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Oh WOW!!!
    This is a beautiful table.
    Ditto to what everybody else said about it and the color scheme and the dishes...............amazing!

I have a very large platter that is the exact match to your Santa cookie jar on your hutch!!

LOVE IT ALL!!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Candy for all the sweet comments. Ebay had one of the matching platters for sale but no one took my hint to buy it for me this year. I'm thinking they didn't take me seriously!LOL

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions