Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

more Christmas goodies

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I should win an Idiot Prize for buying MORE Christmas stuff now! I'm so hopeless at resisting it tho.

A friend of mine told me about a little Christmas shop that had opened just for this month, lots of booths

and all kinds of vintage and old things. Then she said "wanna go?" It is only about 15 min from my house

too. Well, you know darn well I was out the door and shopping in a heartbeat. I saw so much neat stuff

and of course had to come home with some of it. What can I say! Idiot Prize! Everything except one

Santa is from the little shop. (it was loaded with booths and shelves by sellers on consignment, prices were really unbelievable too.)

Two more Woodland Santas. The smaller one on the left was a gift yesterday from a friend who's Mom passed away and it belonged to her. The larger one came from the little Christmas shop. I paid $8 for him.

Golf Santa has ceramic face and hands, and is about 10" high. He was $12.

I found the Santa (head) cookie jar on the left for just $3. I thought it went perfect with my other

Silly Santa cookie jar and this vignette by kitchen sink.

{{gwi:1466177}}

Then I found a little Chef Nutcracker for $2, and added him to my Chef Santas on top of the fridge.

{{gwi:1466178}}

This neat Snowman was only $4!! I sat him on the floor to take his photo and just as I snapped it,

Jazz poked his nose in. Then he wouldn't leave, so I took another with him. I think he's wondering

who I brought into his house now!

hugs from hopeless ol' Karen

Comments (6)

• swest2_gw
    12 years ago

How adorable! Love the Santas. We are suckers for all things Christmas also. I start watching Christmas movies in July to prepare myself for Christmas! Ha, ha!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful place! Nice $$$ bargains, too! That chef nutcracker found a home there...I think there wasn't even a chance of dust settling before he got home!

Cute Santa head cookie jar...looks great on your counter...made for that vignette! & more Woodland Santa's...can't have too many of those IMHO! LOL! TFS, PM, & glad you got out & about! Jeanne S (& no shipping charges...hooray!)

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

How fun to find a new place! Great santas and I really love your new Santa cookie jar. So glad you had some fun shopping time. Luvs

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Oh, we sound just a like. I buy Christmas all year long. I have one bed room that the door will literately not open b/c there is so much stuff in there and it is all Christmas. That's not counting the garage the other bedrooms and the attic. I am a Christmas HOARDER..I know I'll never be able to use all of it but "IT IS MINE" HEE HEE HEE LOL

• hostarhodo
    12 years ago

You would have a lot of competition for the Idiot Prize. Of course when someone says "Do you want to go", you drop everything and go. Is there any other answer?

Last year just before Christmas I bought new lights and ornaments to use this year for the tree, gold and browns. Soooooo this year I got the bright idea to use silver chargers and glass/crystal everything else, plates,glasses/goblets,candleholders with white and silver candles, small deer and butterdish, creamer, sugar, salt and peppers, with white napkins all on a white/silver tablecloth. In the center is a lighted clear house on an overturned crystal bowl. I used silver picks(small pinecone and greenery done in silver) around the napkins and candles. Also tried them on the goblets. Sooooo then I decided the buffett needed something. I added white batting,silver candle holder with (5)white candles with picks, a silver santa hat on a tall glass container, large glass plates holding a lighted white house, and a glass deer. Other side has a tall white birdhouse, spraypainted the yellow roof silver, then sprayed some snow on it. Another large plate holds tall candydish, silver dish and another glass deer and a white poinsetta, also white poinsettas around the mirror. A small covered candy dish with silver covered chocolate kisses. Other dishes will hold white candies, mints, yogurt covered pretzels etc. Still looking for the white candycanes they used to have a few years ago.

Thhhhhheeeennnn I decided the tree should match since it is in the same room,living-diningroom combo, green tree with, a very large silver (net ribbon) bow, clear lights,silver beads, clear snowflakes and icicles, beautiful silver ornies with crystal drops I bought yesterday along with silver pinecones other round silver ornies, today I added the battery white candles (bought them on sale approx 4 years ago, no one knows I had them, waiting for the spray snow to arrive tomorrow, I will be very careful, just want some white on the tips. End with white batting for a treeskirt.

Extra large silver oranies on chandelier with bow.

And you think you should get the Idiot Prize, I think not. LOL.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Well if I lived near you...I'd be your 'idiot friend' who would have joined you on that shopping spree for 'More Christmas' !! How could you resist. Those Santas are great..and how generous of your friend to gift you with one from her Mom. Great Santa head cookie jar - goes perfectly with your 'silly Santa' vignette!
    I think your Santa Chef collection makes a nice display on the fridge and your new Nutcracker Chef looks right at home up there.
    Jazz could be a 'Star of his Own Show' or at least in comercials..he's such a character...I always get a kick over him being 'so involved' in everything you do...lol

jane

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia
More Discussions