Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Let's Get the Party Started

phonegirl
12 years ago

Wishing all of you a very Happy Prosperous New Year. Hope all of you have a New Years Resolution in mind. I started a list and was checking it twice then remembered that's Santas job!LOL I've never been one to follow through with these. If it happens, yeah and if not maybe next year.

I bought this New Years Eve Party decor at a ys this summer for $1. Was fun to open this new little set. It's probably overwhelming in these photos for all of you, but a nice change from all the Christmas decor for me.LOL

Wasn't sure what to do with all the blk & wht curlies so strung some from the chandy, added a piece on the chairs inside the leis and tossed some around on the table. The other roll is still in the box.

The sprinkles are silver champagne glasses. Set my silver penguin shaker on the back of the table but it doesn't show up very well. I've had the light set for a few years. They blink so was hard to take pictures and catch them on!

Used this set of dishes from a little gal who use to work for me. I was telling her how I like to set tables this summer and she had bought herself some new dishes so gave me these.Sweet! They are Vitromaster Galaxy from 1993. Do all of you remember the moon, sun and stars? Well, this is the set of dishes from that time.

Set the buffet with my crystal liquor decanters and my glass ice bucket. The center tree is my Christmas card holder. Hung a lg white snowflake to help distract from it. The two mercury glass ball candle holders are ones I picked up at TJ Maxx for $2 last summer. I packed them away for Christmas and hadn't brought them out to share before.

We won't be out celebrating New Years Eve. How about all of you? That's a thing of the past. We just love to sit at home and watch the ball drop in Time Square. Kiss and head to bed.

Hope your ready for a little fun on here to ring in the New Year.

Punk

Comments (10)

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Punk. I love your New Years Eve Table! It is so festive!!
    The Moon and Stars plates are perfect. What a nice gift.
    I love the snowflakes under the plates.
    Is that your son's dog standing in the doorway?
    Looks like he wants to be part of the fun.
    Happy New year to you and your family.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Happy New Year, punk! WOW! You're ready to celebrate...this is a very festive table! That $1 NY packet & those star plates were certainly an inspiration for you!

Love the silver & gold combo along w/the B&W! Also the snowflakes are just perfect in your place settings! (no flatware tho?) LOL! Fingerfoods, right!

Love all the 'danglies' ...& your centerpc mercury glass round candles look great w/silver centerpc one! & cute to add the New Year's headbands! Just so much FUN to look at & would be even more fun to celebrate 'at home' with you! TFS, punk! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Forgot ....candlelight...looks so pretty! And those crystal decanturs & ice bucket...that buffet...GORGEOUS...I'm so happy you bought that buffet! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Sure looks like you are ready to celebrate! Lovely table, you sure found some neat items to use for New Year's. I can tell you are having fun decorating the new buffet too! Happy New Year and many blessings to you and all our great members on here.

Luvs

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Happy New Year To You Punk - May It Be A Happy-Healthy One!

All that's missing here, is the 'Bubbly'!
    Those dishes are perfect for this setting..and how thoughtful and generous of that gal to give them to you and I like how you added the snowflakes to ea place setting. Laughting at Jeanne mentioning 'no flatware' and the 'fingerfood' !
    I think that happens to ALL of us one time or other...lol
    Your B&W and silver theme is so festive and I love your mercury glass candle holders.
    Great deal on the NY's decorations. The streamers and hats remind me of all the fun times on NYE when everything was decorated like that.
    Your Buffet is looking elegant with all the Silver touches and crystal decanters.
    We're staying home too...We did our NYC and Times Square visit with the two older Grdsons on Wednesday. Now DH and I can sit back, relax and watch all the bravehearts down there tonight!
    Enjoy your New Year's Eve...
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Nana, I placed the snowflakes on top of the chargers for more bling and it must of worked.haha I tried it both ways and liked this best. Glad you noticed. The little Yorkie is DS's and will be with us till Fri. She is at my side with her squeaky toy wanting me to play right now.

Jeanne, Bingo! Guess it will be Fingerfoods.LOL I think we'll be drinking out of the bottles and using the tc for napkins, too!

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my unfinished table. I might see if I can add the finishing touches this weekend and take another picture.

Luvs, thanks, you know it's all beacause of you, I'm here! I didn't know what shopping was all about before joining Holidays. Must say, I Love It!! Hope you and yours have a Happy New Year too.

Jane, oh yes, the Bubbly! Maybe I can add that with the flatware, glasses and napkins,LOL Wonder what my tables would look like if I didn't have to set them after a day at work.haha

Thanks for your comments and I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Wishing all of you the very best.

Punk

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Happy New Year!!
    That table is perfect! I can't believe you have the table cleared of Christmas and set for New Year's!!
    We left early on Dec. 26 and just returned last night at 8:30 and I had to work today, so ALL of the Christmas decor is still up and I have the tree lit up in the family room! I don't want to start taking it down until Jan. 6 anyway.

That was sure a great $1 bargain. Did it include the Happy New Years Lights too?

We were able to celebrate the New Year with the couple we stayed with in Sedona and played dominoes until the ball dropped in New York; 10:OOPM in Sedona, and then we all toasted with sparkling cider and went to bed! Talk about a wild night!! LOL

I'm totally impressed by your table and the fact that you were ready to set a new table so quickly after Christmas!!

You must be running on Energizer batteries!

BEAUTIFUL!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy, you must run on Energizer batteries too! You are always up to something.LOL Love seeing pictures of all your projects.

I already had the lights, the rest came in the New Years box. I also found some little silver NY hats I had. Thanks for all the sweet comments on my almost finished NYE ts.

I'm posting a picture with the added flatware, glasses, napkins and silver hats.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, that looks 'grand,' punk! That flatware has found it's way to many of your tables & is so versatile...I love it w/this placesetting! Pretty! & also those napkins...perfect! & lovely glassware, too!
    Thank you for doing a NY t'scape...you're the only one this yr & that brought so much enjoyment to the holiday!!! Lookin' forward to more in the New Year! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Wonderful table, Punk. Sorry to be late in commenting but just not been in a "party mood" and kind of let myself be missing in action around here.
    Your table is so festive and I loved getting to see it!!
    Happy New Year's, belatedly, hope its a really good one for you.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County
More Discussions