Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Purple & Blue Sunroom

christmascandy
13 years ago

My sunroom is my Magi room and is decorated in purple and royal blue as those were the colors of royalty in ancient times.

Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthazar are the focus of the room.

The 7 1/2 ft tree has purple and blue lights and ornaments.

Close up of one of the magi ornaments on the tree.

These figures were from Sal. Arm. this fall for $2.12!!

I painted the ceramic kings back in the early 80's.

I found the pillow at ARC this fall.

The table has purple chargers, lg. white plates, clear blue plates, small white plates, small clear blue plates, and purple bowls with blue glass Magi/Holy Family glitter ball ornaments.

The purple HG goblets reappear and some blue TS goblets etched with trees. Also, purple TS napkins and flatware.

This is a small purple tinsel tree with blue ornaments and bead garland.

I also have oversized decorated purple and blue ornaments and I hang one from the light fixture on each of my ceiling fans.

I have a hunch Karen might like this room, LOL!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (6)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Karen has dropped her jaw on the floor and is drooling on the keyboard to make matters worse.
    Holy Purple Cow....
    where am I going to find words for this? There aren't any!
    Except I wish you'd shown the little purple tinsel tree two weeks ago. LOL. I have one, but didn't get it out this year. I never thought of putting my blue ornaments on it in the past tho! Next year for sure, I just saved yours in my personal Xmas planner.
    The big tree has me pointing and going "ah ah ah ah
    AH WANT THIS ONE"

I'm in purple overload...and loving it.
    hugs, Karen

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a wonderful theme you've chosen for this room. Looks very elegant and you certainly have a great collection of items to use in there.

I knew Karen would click on this as soon as possible since it had "purple" in the title! LOL Santa is probably going to have to bring her a new keyboard--all that drool you know. LOL

Great job, Candy, I loved seeing it all.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Your room is stunning. I can't find any more words to describe it. The theme is perfect, and everything is lovely.
    NanaKaren
    P.S. I'm sure seeing it helped to brighten Karen's day a little

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very pretty, candy! Lovin' the blue/purple combo! And what a wonderful theme for your sunroom! The gold/purple combo is very rich with the wisemen figures on camel under your tree.

Gorgeous round t'scape, too! The white/blue place settings work lovely with the purple linens, centerpc, bowls w/ornies! Your ceramic kings are quite ROYAL looking! TFS your lovely room! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the lovely compliments. I don't decorate as much in this room as we don't heat it. Also it gets very full because I move my geraniums and some of the other outside plants into the room and they survive in a kind of dormant state until the spring.
    It does make it rather crowded.

TTFN,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, this tree and table are beautiful. The tree skirt is wonderful. These colors are so pretty together. You have so many neat decorations!

Punk

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions