Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Shih Tzu Waiting for Santa

Posted by yachter123 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 24, 10 at 22:27

Buddy is a Shih Tzu from a previous litter that I sold to a couple, and the husband had just had open heart surgery.

My grandkids name all the puppies & since his wife was buying him to be a buddy to her husband, they decided to keep his name.

This was my Christmas wish from them this year; Buddy Waiting for Santa.

The pictures & captions were so darn cute that I decided Buddy's story needed its' own page on my puppy website.

Check it out here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Buddy Waiting for Santa!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Shih Tzu Waiting for Santa

So precious Yachter. What a sweetie! I loved how you did the captions under each picture. ;o) Wonder if Santa made it before Buddy fell asleep???? Luvs

o

Hi Yachter! Love, Love the photos of the cutie! They are just perfect photos of him under the tree. I am sure he will bring much love to your friends husband, what a wonderful thoughtful gift!

I hope things have been going well for you and your family, I am hoping this is their best Christmas ever!
Judith

o

That is just adorable, Yacht. Isn't it wonderful to find homes like this for our pups?
In my 35 yrs in Whippets, I only bred 7 litters as I just hated selling the puppies and worrying if they would be in 'forever' homes. Even when you give folks the 3rd degree and make them feel like they could adopt a child easier, you just never know when something might happen. I decided my nerves weren't cut out for breeding and stuck to showing, and buying a pup when I felt the need for another occasionally.
But it makes it all worthwhile when you do find a home like Buddy has, and I loved that part.
Thanks for sharing him with us.

hugs, Karen

o

That is a very pretty puppy and great that he has a good home. I hope for New Year's more Shih Tzu owners have their dogs spayed and neutered so we can get the thousands that are in need of homes right now on Petfinder, adopted. Just in my area there are over 2,000 in need of homes. Shih Tzu is one of the most overbred dogs out there. No one claims responsibility for these thousands but it's because of all the breeding that there are so many in need of homes.

I just wanted to get the word out to anyone who might be considering getting a shih tzu, to first consider a rescue or shelter, before a breeder. "Until there are none in the shelters waiting for homes, please adopt one."

Happy New Year

Here is a link that might be useful: Petfinder.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here