Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Christmas Candy's Kitchen

christmascandy
13 years ago

Since I decorate "EVERYTHING" I will post pictures from one room at a time.

Kitchen first and I will break it into several posts.

Here is the kitchen chandy with peppermint striped ribbon, holly garland, and peppermint decorations.

I tie red ribbon around the post and use tiny tree and snowman clothespins to put up the Christmas cards we receive.

The cocoa dispenser was Target 75% off after the holiday a few yrs ago. The cake plate and mug were thrift store last year.

This tree is on top of a small cupboard with gingerbread and candy cane ornies. The nutcracker is Home Goods this year.

This is the cupboard from a TS several yrs ago. I placed red-white wrapping paper in the back of the cupboard.

The bottom of the cupboard has snowman TS items collected over 3 yrs.

The top has a small gingerbread tea set, a small santa tea set and shoe ornaments with shaped heels.

The sliding door to the sunroom and the window have valances I made and garlands over the tops. The door has the Hall mark houses from Sarah Plain and Tall.

The wooden tree holder has small Hall mark kitchen implements, miniature cookies, and mini snowmen.

That is enough for this post.

More to follow.

Candy

Comments (10)

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Oh my gosh, I guess I really am a minimalist, between you & Karen, I don't know who does more decorating.

My house feels so plain now!

Love your cocoa dispenser & the xmas cake plate, great TS find!

So many cute things, the red & white high heel & that little tea cup xmas lamp is so cute too.

It must take forever for you, you have many unique & tiny collections that you display, hope your family appreciates all your hard work to make your house look so festive!!

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

:thud: - oh WOW - love everything - you are so much like me - if it stays still for more than a minute - DECORATE IT - I love everything you have done - what an inspiration. I can't wait to see the rest of your decorations TFS .....

Lynne

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Well, I've kind of looked at these posts backwards..this being the last...I'm blown away by Everything!
    I agree with OA - I thought Karen was the Queen of Christmas..but the Two of You must have been seperated at birth! You have so many wonderful decorations.
    I love that cocoa dispenser and how you have it displayed.
    What a clever idea using the striped paper as a backing in that shelf unit. It makes everything 'small' in there really stand out.
    What a fabulous decorating job you've done...I enjoyed it all..and look forward to seeing the rest.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Candy, I have waited MONTHS to see what you do for Christmas. I knew you'd have so much to share with us and this is only the beginning!

Ladies, to have you compare my decorating with Candy's is an extreme honor. She really is the Christmas Queen. Tho I sure wouldn't mind having her for a sister if we were separated at birth. LOL.

Off to see more photos before I pass out.
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

candy ... ditto with what everyone else has said so far!

I am happy to see that you change your window & door valances...I change mine to lace pinetrees & cones...are those pinetrees...love the hunter green plaid!

I just love all the "festive" Christmas colors you've got going on here with everything in your kitchen! dishes, Santas, ornies ... & that Christmas card post holder is quite inventive!

Welcome back, candy! Glad your computer woes are over! TFS! Jeanne S.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I looked at these posts backwards too. But, just have to comment on the chandi. I love it! And all the rest too, the striped paper in the back of that cabinet is a cool idea.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

WOW, it is great must take a long time to get that all done!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, so glad you are back posting. You have so many wonderful decorations and I'm loving all of this!

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, I'm looking at this post last also.
    What a delightful way to spend an hour or two.
    THANK YOU for sharing your treasures with us!!!
    NanaKaren

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well,
    Karen said she had been waiting and this is the holiday I enjoy the most, and since I rarely meet a Christmas decoration I don't like (LOL) the decor keeps growing.

Karen and I are definitley kindred spirits and we even have many of the same things.

My DH keeps asking "are you done decorating yet?" Silly DH!!

I actually buy ornaments on clearance after the holiday and put them out, so they get put away with the right rooms decor!

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions