Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Some of my Christmas decor done

Purplemoon
10 years ago

Jazz supervising me working on the family-room corner table. I haven't yet decorated the standing birdcage, and may add some ornaments to the garland I wrapped around the floor lamp.
{{gwi:1465829}}

The Golfers, in honor of Mr. Oblivious. They are in the familyroom, and the master bedroom is right around the corner from them so he HAS to walk by them every day multiple times. Not that he looks or SEES!!
LOL
{{gwi:1465830}}

My small tree in family-room. Wish the branches straightened out more but they are meant to be
this tight. I may add some more ornaments or floral picks, I just haven't gotten that bin out of the garage
yet.
{{gwi:1465831}}
{{gwi:1465832}}

My living-room hearth is done. The silver tree is on a small table in front of two chairs. And yes I have a life-size Carousel Horse in my small living-room. :o)
{{gwi:1465833}}

Entry way done. The front door is straight across from the wreath.
{{gwi:1465834}}

The large Mercury glass deer, from Michaels several years ago, needs light on it. Its so pretty!! I had the wreath lights on but that pix didn't turn out good. The Santa and both Nutcrackers are in purple. I made the wreath with all purple and silver decorations.
{{gwi:1465835}}

My DD asked me to come see her decorations yesterday. And she surprised me with the Noel sign! Its pretty cool, 2 ft high! She'd seen one on Pinterest and liked it so much, that she wanted to get each of us the same thing. :o)

{{gwi:1465836}}

That's all the pix for tonight.
hugs, Karen

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Ohhh...that entry way is fabulous, purplemoon! The wreaths you make are always gorgeous ...I am lovin' the purples...always love the purple Santa & that mercury glass deer is so beautiful! Your collection of nutcrackers are my fave, too.

Oh, forget about Mr. O ... I'm sure he's noticed the golf display but probably figures it the 'same O,' uh? I think it's cute as can be & I'm not a golfer ... another gorgeous wreath there, too.

Your tree in the family room (all lit up) sure looks festive! Looks like you got alot accomplished, lady! Now it's break time for awhile ...I love that silver tree/purple ornies, too.
    TFS, PM. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, that little floral by the Noel....silver with purple ornaments, was in a tiny thrift shop last year for $3. I grabbed it right up. :o)

Yeah, Mr O. is use to the golfers being there each year.
    He probably doesn't 'get' the part I deliberately put them practically in his face! LOL. I made the wreath last year, found some neat ornaments to use on eBay or Etsy. Of course he didn't say a word. That's ok tho. I like it a lot myself.

I took today off, my legs were killing me. The family-room hearth and mantel are done (I think), but didn't get photos yet. And the living-room mantel is mostly done, tho its same as last year with Nutcrackers. Did that stuff yesterday but might need tweaking.
    hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Karen...soooo happy to see your decorations again!
    I see that not only WE here at Holiday are excited...
    but just seeing Jazz getting 'into it' w/you...I think made him happy too. !!
    I agree w/Jeanne that your entry way looks fabulous.
    I remember when you bought that mercury glass deer
    (which made me green)... and just loved it...so nice to see it on display again.
    How nice of DD to surprise you with the NOEL wall hanging...love the size..I can't imagine 'Mr O' not noticing anything espec those cute Golfers in 'his honor' !! lol
    So you've got your tree up - looking very festive - and I see some touches of Christmas on your shelves beside it...you've got the Nutcrackers on your mantel. being tweaked....I'd say your 'Christmas Spirit is on a roll'...
    Now what I'd love to see, is your big bay window done up and Jazz sitting right in the middle of it all! lol
    Loved seeing this and am looking forward to more when you're up to it.
    jane

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Karen, I agree with Jeanne and Jane, it's gorgeous. I'm
    so tickled that you've put up decor for Your enjoyment and
    Ours! It's always great seeing all your beautiful decor.

I love the NOEL sign from DD. I thought about asking DH
    if he could cut one out for me if I could make a pattern for
    him. He loves to cut wood so I'm sure he would.

So much to see. I'll be back to enjoy it again.TFS

Punk

• SeasonalDecorating__
    10 years ago

Great decorations, love all the trees and wreaths! Great work! :)

• janet1_2007
    10 years ago

Karen, I am so happy to see that you are getting back to your old self, decorating like crazy. I love that big deer. I didn't remember seeing it before, although I"m sure I had. Everything looks so festive. I think MR O needs a big lump of coal in his stocking. I had seen the NOEL on pinterest and thought when wreaths were over, I I was going to Michaels and buy me some of the wooden letters and try one, but if I survive two more weeks in the barn with Grayson, I may just collapse until after Christmas.Between taking him to the bathroom and getting him something to eat, I 'm sure not getting many wreaths made. Every thing looks great. I haven't gotten my fall, Thanksgiving stuff put away yet, so I"m really behind on Christmas. Thanks for sharing, it really makes me want to start pulling things out.

• patricianat
    10 years ago

Very nice. Purple Moon, you have to be one of the nicest people at Garden Web. There are many nice posters on this forum, but you are among the nicest. All of you, in fact. I rarely post any longer, but I peek in when you all are not looking....happy holidays, whatever you celebrate, wherever you are and may the road of happiness keep unfolding before you all.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jane, I've been really slow. Just did bay window today, and need to take more photos of things finished. I've repacked so much stuff, but unfortunately I left a LOT out to yet go thru even tho I don't 'need' to put anymore out. LOL. But you guys got me on a roll. :o)

That big silver mercury glass deer is one of my all-time favorite pieces. When the wreath lights hit it, or the sunlight coming thru a small window high on front door,
    different colors shine in him. He picks up all the purples around him. He was originally $40 but I had a coupon that took off 40%. I think I got him 3 or 4 years ago. Michaels only had half a dozen in and I've not seen them again. My DD got one too.

Janet, watching Grayson AND making all those wreaths...I don't know how you do it. No wonder you are exhausted. And I'm sure you're fighting pain every step of the way yourself. My daughter copied the Pinterest NOEL and had someone at her work cut them out for us.
    My Fall decor was all piled in the garage so yesterday I finally got around to actually putting it away properly, I don't usually let it sit like that, but I got to working on Christmas and side-tracked.

Patricia, my goodness....how on earth do I thank you for saying such a wonderful thing about me. Wow, that sure was a day brightener!! I hope you also have happy holidays and much happiness in the new year. You are so sweet to let us all know you're thinking of us. I'm glad you peeked in, but wish you'd join us more.

hugs, Karen

• phoggie
    10 years ago

Looking great!...keep pics coming....we love them even if Mr O does not notice!....men....

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Karen, you are going gang-busters and it's looking fabulous! I am especially crazy about your purple and silver wreath and the setting you've created for it -- they're all beautiful and interesting pieces and form a great color combo!

I can't believe you have a full-size carousel horse! Wow. I have *always* wanted a full-size carousel horse. I've loved them since I was a kid. I have one of those kids plastic riding horses that I hope to paint and then pole mount some day. lol! Please tell how and why you have him!

PS: I decorated my riding horse last year... w/ garland and a santa hat. :O)