Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Newest acorn treasure

luvstocraft
9 years ago

Have to show you gals my latest acorn treasures! I have so many acorn things now that they are slowly filling up my family room. These two little critters, squirrels I think, were given to me by my friend/neighbor just a couple weeks ago.

Have a couple more items to share then will move on to Christmas things.

Luvs

Comments (11)

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

These were a "treasure shop" find. Charming tales. I usually give cute mice items to a friend who collects them, but told her these are in an acorn so I need them! lol

Luvs

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This acorn dish is one of my favorite things too. Same friend that gave me the pilgrim squirrels found this while "treasure shopping" and brought it home to me.

The two of us went to a Children's hospital sale in November and I found an amber glass acorn dish about this same size. Haven't taken a picture of it though.

It is kinda neat when you have certain things you watch for when out and about isn't it? My activity for the last two years has pretty much been breakfast or lunch and "treasure shopping" with my gal pals. So lucky to have each one of them. :o)

Luvs

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Oh you have found some 'treasures' & with memories of times spent with friends! Those lil' mice in that acorn is so cute... doesn't purplemoon have some of these? (am I remembering right?) Love those acorn dishes in the last photo! Cool!

I, too, am slowly adding to Christmas/Winter decor ... it's time, luvs! ;-) ~~Jeanne

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Luvs,

They are just darling!! And What a Great Friend/Neighbor you have!

What great treasures to enjoy and use for the Holiday's!! Acorns are around quite a while.. And so are squirrels!

Thanks for sharing your precious treasures with us!

Love Them All...

Creek

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

they are sooo cute, Luvs
    TFS
    Nana

• CindyMargolis
    9 years ago

Wow, nice Christmas memories. It is really a good thing to give friends and family members. I am thinking about my gifts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Trees Sale.

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Luvs...who could resist those cute ' Critters ' with or without their
    Acorns...but for you ....having them 'With' Acorns....Perfect!
    Love the Ceramic Acorns nestled together.
    Having friends who enjoy doing things you do,makes Treasure Shopping
    so much more fun. I had a friend many yrs ago who went to many estate sales and auctions with me...they were the best 'treasure hunting ' times And a few times 'competitive' because we like the same things....but always enjoying it.
    Keep posting....we're enjoying All you have to share!
    jane

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Jane, yes having friends who enjoy the same things is great! They have dragged me out for the past couple of years and helped me regain interest in things again.

Some of the acorn items are salt/pepper sets. Funny how my heart beats a little faster when I spot an acorn item. I do have a couple items that I'm not crazy about, those may get donated someday.

Hope your house is moving right along. Will you be in by Valentine's Day?

Luvs

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

Acorns are awesome.
    I actually just bought a cheap but cute ornament of acorns because I needed an acorn fix. I
    I want to do a "Natural/Woodland" Christmas tree in acorn, pinecone, snowflake, icicle, and just the right animal decorations. Oh, and can't forget buckeyes!! I love my buckeyes, in the Buckeye state . . . don't love football though, lol. I felt buckeye ornaments.

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Buckeyes are ok Queen ... but I kinda' like the 'Hawkeyes' ... LOL! Have fun w/your natural/woodland tree ... sounds wonderful! ;-) ~~Jeanne

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Luvs, your squirrels and mice are both adorable and so you!haha
    I love your big acorn too! So happy to have you back posting with
    Us here.

Queen, welcome and please share pictues with us too!

Punk

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions