Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

'Winding Down' Christmas/Winter Decor

jeannespines
12 years ago

Ok, I am 'winding down' on my Christmas/Winter decor ...thought today I would be finished...nearly so ...& tomorrow start 'wrappin' presents! (which I love to do!)

Here's my basket w/the flaming lights that I fill w/pinecones, cinnamon sticks & berries...it sits on the treadle of my gr'ma's treadle sewing machine in the LR where I recently shared the 'Elves, Santa & Snowman' post:

This crazy rockin' Deer (moose?) sits beside the treadle (& sings Gr'ma Got Run Over by a Reindeer...Christmas gift to DH from one of the kids a few yrs back! & the wood reindeer DH made a long time ago & I painted:

Got Mr. & Mrs. Santa (oldies) hooked up downstairs near the fireplace ... & the ceramic tree I made back in late 70's:

Thought I was almost done ...few odds & ends...got up the tinsel tree downstairs & old nativity set ...then the doorbell rings...a pkg ...for ME! Ummmm....a Holiday-er sent this to me & Dollbaby:

(a big birch lookin' tree, a hand-painted big snowflake & 2 ornies for Dollbaby...pink Precious Moments & a gardening hat w/tools!)

So guess where that BEAUTIFUL birch lookin' tree went!

Yup, down on the electric fireplace cabinet!

Tomorrow the big snowflake is going to find a perfect spot on the porch w/all the Snowmen(& ladies!) Thank you, Holiday-er friend! (the ornies are going on the tree)

I have showed this wall basket recently, too...but since I am not real good at arranging flowers/etc., I thought it needed a little more color...so I added the red tiny berries:

Inspiration from many of you Holiday-ers here on the Forum! TFLookin'! Jeanne S. (& a BIG thank you for the surprise pkg, Holiday-er!!!)

Comments (10)

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

What a nice surprise package from a 'Holidayer' - I love the birch bark tree. I have the same musical reindeer given to my late husband from our son - what is with kids and goofy gifts ;) - it was the last Christmas we celebrated as a family so it is pretty special even tho silly. I also have that same ceramic tree that I did in the early 70s' - it is in the photobucket pictures on a table next to the fireplace. have really enjoyed seeing all your decorating - this is my favorite time of year and I love seeing how others decorate their houses - TFS .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

You ought to be 'wound down' from all you've done! And done so beautifully. You've no idea how much I look forward to (seeing) Christmas at your house each year!
    The berries are a nice touch to the wall basket. I really love how berries add such a big pop of color even tho they are tiny things. Definitely one of my favorite decor staples.

That birch tree is just perfect for you, and what a sweet friend to send it to you. And to send Dollbaby gifts too. That painted snowflake is really wonderful, and 'somebody' knows how much you like the birdies don't they! Great gifts.

Lynne, isn't it fun how often we see things we have in others decor too? We really share so much here, in so many ways. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne..Your decorations never disappoint!
    Love the warm touches all over your home..everything is done so tastefully and all so inviting.
    Love the basket with lights and your wall basket with the red berries is just beautiful.
    I agree that the gifts you received from your friend are so perfect for you! The birch tree looks right at home on your mantel and the painted snowflake is so pretty.
    I'm smiling over your ceramic tree from the 70's...funny how many of us made them back then. I made two for gifts -DM - DMIL - and a third one for me!!
    Glad your winding down... now sit back and enjoy your beautiful home...you deserve it!

jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok, found a good spot for this beautiful 'tole painted' snowflake...on the porch w/all my snowmen(ladies)!!

(I'll give a hint...I think 'punk' painted this! She is so talented!) ....a close-up view!

Full view ... this is the bottom part of wall shelf that DH made some yrs ago:

FUN! Thanks, you special Holiday-er friend!
    Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne such great pictures, once again.
    I'm always in awe of the way you put things together.
    love the bark tree and the tole painted snow flake from your holiday-er friend.
    TFS
    Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

Very pretty! Love seeing the ceramic tree, I made 2, one for my mom and one for me. My son and his wife have my mom's and it warms my heart to see it displayed!

• SeasonalDecorating__
    12 years ago

Very fun decorating! Cute snowmen decorations :)

-SD

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

More pretty pictures and what a wonderful surprise gift for both of you!!
    I have a slightly different tree, but also one I made in ceramics decades ago.
    That snowflake sure found the perfect location. The birch tree looks great with your deer and the berries were the perfect touch of color.
    I just love seeing your pictures.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, love you basket w/the flaming lights, so pretty. Those ceramic trees were so popular and yours looks great with the old Mr & Mrs Claus. Glad you enjoyed your gifts. Love the way you displayed them!

The wall basket looks beautiful all decorated. You have so much talent!

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank YOU, punk...for the pkg surprise!!! Back at ya, you have so much talent! (that tole painting is so detailed!) Love it! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions