Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

more decorating done, picture HEAVY

Purplemoon
12 years ago

These photos are in my personal album but thought I'd post here too. I know Candy said she had trouble seeing the photos before, on her laptop. So maybe some of you others did too? Anyway, I have been

trying to add ornaments and garland, and tweaking stuff the past few days. And still can't seem to get

done! But I thought I'd take some pix today and share stuff anyway.

I do feel like I'm winning the Battle of the Bins finally. I think maybe that should be an annual TV Christmas

show!! I bet it would be a hit with folks like us. LOL. (As long as the Winner didn't get a BIN full of more

Christmas stuff.)

My living-room mantel. I need another finial, I broke one of mine so now there's only two on the rgt end.

I didn't double the garland this year, nor did I finish adding ornaments today. I may not add more, depends

on how slow I am with other things this week. I had wanted to go to Michaels and get some of that wide

mesh ribbon to use....but not up to shopping or driving, so I just put some ribbon I had on there for now, but don't think I like it after seeing the picture. Oh, the wreath has 5 antique gold colored Cherubs on it. (from Michaels a few years ago, already done, and 70% off. Ipaid $12 for it)

{{gwi:1465107}}

My little silver tinsel tree with purple and blue ornaments on it, in my living-room to the left of the fireplace.

The big ceramic Santa and Sleigh piece was from GW last year.

{{gwi:1465108}}

This little mini Village reminds me of candy since its so brightly colored, so I call it my Candy Village.

The 4 houses are actually tealight holders.

{{gwi:1465110}}

And these are LeMax Santa, elves, and reindeer that I think are awfully cute. I don't have any of the actual

village houses that go with them, but maybe ONE someday. Not that I have room for any more Village stuff.!

{{gwi:1406916}}

Finally got the garland hung and decorated in my bathroom

{{gwi:1465112}}

This is the small glass shelf over the toilet. The frame is from Goodwill, and the Santa with an armload of teddy bears is a picture I printed off the web.

{{gwi:1465114}}

The new Santa on Horse, compliments of Kirklands via eBay, and thanks to Punk sharing her big Nutcrackers on horseback like this one sending me on the hunt.

{{gwi:1465116}}

This wreath isn't very big, but I put my shiny-brite type ornaments on it.

{{gwi:1465117}}

My Woodland Christmas on a tiny back hall table. The smaller Santa is VERY special, he was a gift

from an online friend several years ago. When she found how I love Santas, and saw my Christmas

ones, she said he needed to live with me. What really touched my heart is this Santa belonged to her

late brother who she loved dearly.

{{gwi:1465118}}

That's it for today.

hugs, Karen

Comments (5)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Karen, this is wonderful to come here tonight and see all your decor. I clicked on the pictures, zoom and then original size and could see every detail in every picture. So many neat things that we miss w/o the larger size. It is all just beautiful!

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Wow, you've been busy, PM! I love your purple/blue silver tree! Looks great & that Santa/Sleigh fits nicely under it! And that cherub wreath is pretty above your mantle.

That Lemax vignette in your china cabinet is so cute! Love it! And the bath garland w/those icicle looking ornies is GORGEOUS...bet that was a fun project to get up there! Ugh! Your bathroom looks beautiful ...the blue & silver...lovely!

The BOTP shelf vignette sure is festive w/that great Santa pic...nice work! Cute tree, too! And I love that wreath decorated w/shiny ornies...beautiful! (now stay away, Jazz!) And, of course, you know I would love your Woodland Santa's...& that tree, is perfect! TFS, Karen! Wonderful! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Well, I just love it all!!
    The large nutcracker looks like he belongs with one of my large ones!
    The woodland Santas are perfect with that twig tree and the deer.
    I really like the gold decor on the glass shelf, esp the picture you printed. You muct have a larger printer than what I have.

You sure have been busy!

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Candy, my printer does 8x10's.
    And would you believe I paid $15 for that giant Nutcracker, on Craigslist! It was in perfect condition, the guy just wanted to get rid of it! He also sold me a Snowman the same size, same price. That one is on my front porch but haven't taken photos yet. I was ecstatic over the Nutcracker tho.

Punk, live and learn. Even tho I've been on Photobucket for a long, long time...I never used the zoom feature. Wow, you CAN see every little detail in pictures. Thanks,
    LOL. Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Thanks Ladies, I soaked up all the compliments and they sure were nice to hear/read. Mr O's silence gets a bit tiresome. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Thank your for sharing more of your Christmas decorations,
    Karen. I love it all and I can't pick a favorite.
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions