Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Snowman collection

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Thought I'd snap a pic of my snowman collection for those who missed them last year. I do have a few more scattered here and there around the house, but this is the majority of them. Sorry the pictures are not better, I should have closed the blinds since it was dusk out, and the outside view is distracting.

{{gwi:1464989}}

Comments (18)

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

The wonderful thing about snowmen? You can keep them up well past Christmas! lol! Adorable collection!

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

Really nice snowmen. I like your collection, but the one that stands out for me is the guy with the red vest. He is so cute.

Marylee

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Your Snowman collection always makes me smile. You have such a variety of these cute, happy fellows.
    hugs, Karen

• arcy_gw
    13 years ago

Mine stay in their boxs until AFTER Christmas.

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

My favorite is that tall snowman on the right with the stick arms! Did you paint that one?

Pat

• marylee_2010
    13 years ago

I'm enjoying your snowmen again. Is that a Christmas train outside the window?

Marylee

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marylee, yes that is the back of the train outside on the window shelf--like I said, I should have closed the blinds. I'm not very good at photography I'm afraid.

Arcy, that's interesting that your's don't come out until after Christmas. Be sure to share a pic with us later on, okay?

Karen, I do love the variety. Allot of these are the soft ones. I used some of the ceramic ones on the buffet, kitchen counter, and the snowman/woman cookie jar on the kitchen table. I also have the cute salt/pepper and spoon holders you sent me last year in the kitchen too. ;o)

Luna, I didn't paint the tall snowman--grabbed him up at a craft show because I loved everything about him! I did paint the one with the red vest and the one with the bird on his hat.

Most of the rest of these have been gifts from friends and coworkers--when I was working. I just love their happy little faces and love them all.

Want to know which one is my most favorite? See the guy who looks like a spring? He just cracks me up because he "wiggles" all over when you touch him! LOL

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

So CUTE, luvs! There's just something about snowmen ....they make you smile! And you being a former Mid-westerner know that you need to smile when you live with the real thing, WINTER & SNOW!

What a great collection & great place to display them! Yup, I enjoy them & they get packed away in March! TFS! Jeanne S.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    You've got a super collection there. I like the fact that you've got snowmen made from lots of different materials. I never thought about it, but when some of the above posters mention how they ALWAYS make a person smile, I think they are exactly right.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

just so sweet Luvs - they put a smile on my face last year and again this year. I don't think there is a child out there that doesn't long to build at least ONE snowman in their lifetime TFS .....

Lynne

• judithva
    13 years ago

Such a cute collection, and if I remember correctly...you painted the snowman in the back-middle? My mom would love these, snowmen and angels are her favs.

• peoniesandposies
    13 years ago

Very cute! We live in Wisconsin, so snowmen are apropos from November on.

Luvs, I see that you have snow out your window. I bet they look wonderful in the daylight when you can see them and the background of snow.

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Peoniesandposies, no snow here except up on top of the mountains we can see out our front window! We are in southern California. What you are seeing is the concrete patio and my white planters around it full of blooming roses! LOL It was getting dark out when I snapped these pictures, would look completely different in the daylight.

Judith, I used your suggestion from a couple years ago and added the fake snow batting, ties them all together better.

Luvs

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Luvs, I absolutely love your snowman collection! Soooo fun! I am smiling just looking at them! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Luvs, What a fun collection of snowmen!! They can hang around until spring
    and they won't melt.
    NanaKaren

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

You have a wonderful collection, Luvs. And I agree, the ones you painted are the best!
    I didn't put mine out this year, but we are having a blizzaed today, so I can get the snow feel! :)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Luvs...I enjoyed seeing your Snowmen collection again.
    You're lucky to have such a great windowsill to display them.
    There's something about Snowmen that always make you smile, and the two you painted really stand out.
    I think with the Blizzard we're having here, the kids will be making them too.

jane

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to have that window ledge so I can put them all out together too. My santa collection is smaller, so they get the shelf above the television in the family room--but I didn't put them out this year.

DH and I were laughing that they have a nice backdrop since we've recently had several days of rain (it stopped for Christmas eve and Christmas Day, wasn't that considerate?)the mountains north of us now have beautiful snow capped peaks now. Yes, it's nice to see it but not have to shovel it or drive in it! ;o)

Luvs