Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

It's Monopoly Eve!

oldalgebra
13 years ago

Go directly to my site. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Here is a link that might be useful: It's Monopoly Eve!

Comments (15)

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Oh-my-heaven! I love it!! Too, too fun!!!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

It's wonderful and so fun, OA! I left more comments on your blog. Luvs

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

That is just too cute and clever - love it :) .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, Your Monopoly table, facts and tale is fantastic. Always get a kick out of your creativeness. Love your bright yellow chargers you painted. Another fun table.

I need to find some cheap chargers so I can get DH painting.lol

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Ahhh, the fabric placemats are so realistic I thought they were actual miniature Monopoly boards!....very cool!

OA...you are just so creative! Love this table & dialog ...yes, Happy 75th Anniversary (tomorrow) & I just read that it's the most popular "board" game in the world, so I'll jump on board! (not "bored") ... Thanks, OA! SWEET! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Hey OA....did you hear a big WHOOOOOSH ?
    That was you blowing me away with this one.
    Just way too much fun, and oh-so creative! You sure have a lot of tricks in that (table-setting) bag of yours!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Once again you've awed me with your creativity,OA. Great table. So colorful and fun.
    NanaK

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

So wonderful!Intriguing,creative and fun! AND what everybody else said! How did you make the house and hotel? Love it all. You win the prize for originality!!!

Pat

• rafor
    13 years ago

How clever! Love the napkin "rings".

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Rafor, I didn't even notice that.
    (Notso)OldAlgebra, where did you get them?

• yachter123
    13 years ago

OA, I don't know where you find the time & energy, but love seeing all your great tables, such unique ideas and the placemats are fabric???

I would never have guessed it, I thought you had two monopoly gameboards set up!

That as alot of work put into it, the iron & pot spray painted & the little hotels cut & painted. So cute!!!

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm so glad everyone is enjoying my silly tablesetting.
    I've found bits and pieces over the months. Made the houses and the placemats months ago, but never got around to putting on the finishing touches. Came across the child's iron on eBay quite by accident and knew I had to bid on it. Luckily, no one else wanted it - imagine that!

Ladypat, here's a link to the houses. There's not much to say. I had a friend's saw that I had borrowed for another project and used it to cut the houses. I supposed houses made out of boxes would do just as well. Scroll down the page until you come to the pictures.

Thank you all. I'm glad I put a smile on a few faces. I love doing crazy things like this. Since I've retired, finding the time to feed my hobby is not a problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wooden Monopoly Houses

• santacltr2
    13 years ago

What a hoot your table setting is. I loved everything about it. You did a great job setting everything up and getting it together. Nancy

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Another outstanding success that leaves me in awe. It's amazing. I'm so jealous (happy for you) of everyone retired, working just cramps my style. DH was off all week while I worked and he didn't have one table setting done for me when I got home. Hmmmm.
    Frou

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Love it, Denise. Left a comment on the blog.

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets
More Discussions