Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

some decorations by my daughter

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I thought I'd share a few photos of my DD's Christmas decor. She didn't do a lot this year as her workload has been so heavy and she just hasn't had the time she needs to get all her stuff out and displayed. But here are some of my favorite areas of her's.

The dining-room mantel. She has had the pair of big gold deer for many years, and I lusted after that one with the antlers for every single one of those years!!

Some of her little Snowmen

On her kitchen island

Christmas Bears. The big wood sleigh in the back corner she found at Costco one year, and they only had the one or I'd have it too!

hugs, Karen

Comments (11)

• kirkus
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL! JUST BEAUTIFUL! The talent runs in the family! LOVE those deer and the twig trees! WOW!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

WOW! Ditto to what Kirk said above!

I am also just lovin' that fireplace vignette...wow, it's a beautiful fireplace but those deer are gorgeous...& I'm glad you showed a close-up of the twig tree...very unique! And those tall cone trees in the front...looks like the two are wrapped vines or something & a beautiful silver one...look great tog!

The BEARS! So CUTE! That big sleigh is a wonderful find for those critters! Love them all displayed around the tree area, too.

Pretty tray on the island...very festive! And the cute snowmen vignette...even if there's no snow outside! Love it! TFS, PM...sweet! Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeanne, the two brown trees on the hearth are vine trees, kind of similar to yours I think. She found them, and the tall sparkly one at Target one year. I've been wanting a vine tree SO badly, just a small one like her's that I could put on a table and decorate for holidays like you do with your big one.
    The little twig tree on the mantel is really cute. She use to hit the after-Christmas sales at crack of dawn and got good stuff for years. You should see all she actually has, but couldn't display this time. She did do some other vignettes, but my favorite didn't photograph well at all. Darn it. All the stuff on it is crystal and the sunlight or lamplight makes it just sparkle so beautifully.
    But in photo you can't even tell what each figurine is.
    :o( She has reindeer, Santas, Snowmen, and trees.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, that would be hard to photograph! I can see that it is beautiful! Your pics of your DD's decor are great! I bet this really sparkles! Lovely! TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Love the shape of those crystal trees, and I bet the whole thing is pretty in sunlight or candlelight.

I really like the candle arrangement, love the dotted ball candleholders.

Neat display of the bears in the sleigh by the tree. Your DD has a lovely home. Thanks for sharing with us.

Luvs

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Yep the talent just flows. Those trees are fabulous. The twigs, the vines, and the crystal.

Creek

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh, oh my goodnes, oh my my, this is so WONDERFUL!!! So glad you took the time to share all of this with us. What do I Love??? EVERYTHING!!!!! She even decorated inside the Fireplace with a neat scene.

I need to go do dishes and some laundry but so glad I didn't miss this. Thanks again for sharing.

Punk

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Well all of us here know where your DD's decorating talent comes from. Her talent in decorating has 'your stamp' all over it!
    Lovely mantel display. Those twig trees caught my eye as did those grand Deer! They're beautiful and I can see why you would want them too. She's a girl after my own heart...I love her Teddy Bear collection! I also like her snowman and red candle vignetts.
    I love - love that Crystal vignette. I can just imagine how it sparkles...those pieces are beautiful.
    I'm smiling over her going at the crack of dawn to the 'after Christmas' sales - for many years I did the same and got great stuff..but as the years went by, my body just didn't have that 'spunk' to do it anymore.

It was nice seeing your DD's pictures Karen. Must make you proud that she's following in your footsteps..

jane

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Your DD has a lovely home and has her DM's knack for decorating for Christmas.
    All the bears are so sweet next to the tree.
    I've never seen a twig tree before, it looks great on the mantel.
    Those sparkly crystal pieces are beautiful.
    TFS
    Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It is all lovely, and those crystal trees are stunning! I've never seen anything like them!

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

WOW - the talent passes onto another generation - love the mantel and that crystal vignette is gorgeous even if the detail doesn't photograph that well. I am sure it is beautiful at night. I love lights sparkling off crystal - TFS your daughters decorating :) .....

Lynne

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath
More Discussions