Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

Ok I couldn't wait - started decorating it yesterday

lynnencfan
12 years ago

and finished it today - that means the paint cured one whole day but hey we are talking Christmas decorating here .......so here it is.......

as you can see I went with some star glittery dark blue fabric for the insert

swag over the double window that my sister Lee helped me decorate

the gold and silver tree in the opposite side of the room

I am including a link to more pictures in photobucket. The hutch and dining area will come later - that area is a complete mess although the shelves are decorated real purty :) .....

Lynne

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 Christmas

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well, I can certainly understand WHY you couldn't wait. Your fireplace is beautiful and all of your decorations look fantastic! Love the gold and white...very elegant looking.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, what a brilliant idea to put that star glittery blue fabric in the firebox as a bkgrd for your nativity set! Looks spectactular!!! That & the mirror are my favorite parts of this! WOW!

Great job w/your sis getting that swag over double window...GORGEOUS!!! (I am not skilled in this area of decorating so I certainly appreciate seeing your work!)

The gold & silver tree looks beautiful, too! I saw a post where it said you decorate many trees! Tht's great! TFS, lynne & your fireplace mantle is a TREASURE!!! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lynne..you did an absolutely beautiful job decorating your new FP & Mantel. I too understand why you couldn't wait.
    I like the greenery and the layers of beading that add just the right amount of 'Bling'! Clever idea with the sparkly blue fabric. It certainly makes a perfect backdrop for your Nativity and looks just lovely.
    Your tree is so pretty with the silver and gold - love the streamers you made with the ribbons. I have to say that your swag is AMAZING. You and your sister did such a fantastic job on it. I love the sheer valance with the little lights...such a beautiful look.
    I'm so happy that you got to decorate your mantel in time to enjoy it 'before Christmas'. I really loved what you did.

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I'm surprised you were able to wait that long! (how did Kitty take losing his new nap perch?)
    Your mantel was beautiful when it was UN-done, now its just stunning. Bet you were grinning like the Cheshire Cat while decorating it too!

The tree is very pretty, but that swag you and your sister did is really the attention-grabber! And the lights under the curtains, well the whole thing looks like a professional holiday decorator did it. Do you guys 'hire out'? I'll be calling you next Christmas, LOL.

I have to ask....where on earth did you find that fantastic blue glittery fabric? It REALLY sets the stage for your nativity!

EVERY thing is lovely and thank you for the tour.
    (more, more, more please)
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Gosh, Lynne Your mantel looks terrific.
    Using the glittery blue fabric as the backdrop for the nativity was brilliant.
    Your tree is so very pretty. The swag over the windows is beautiful. I love the way you highlighted with the little white lights.
    Nana

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone - I have wanted a fireplace to decorate for close to 50 years which is why I am so excited - I was like a kid in a candy store and will probably be tweaking it even after Christmas.

PM - I got that fabric from the place I volunteer at - the Scrap Exchange - I am not sure who donated it - if it was a business or private person but it has never been used. I also have it in green, red and cream. It was suppose to be used in quilted placemats but I think it has found a permanent home with the nativity.

Thanks again :) and happy decorating .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Lynne, is this what it looks like up close? The description on this fabric I found says "cotton quilt fabric".

{{gwi:1464893}}

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

no it is not like that it is more of a snowflake type design than an actual star shape but does have all those sparkles in the background - I will try and get a close up of it for you tomorrow .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Lynne, I am betting this is it...by Laurel Burch, and out of stock right now on Amazon.

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities
More Discussions