Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arcy_gw

NATVITIES x2

arcy_gw
9 years ago

A new thread was requested because the other is getting difficult to scroll through. First I had to find one I hadn't posted. Here is my original set--I posted last year but with some additions. Last year as I worked the Church tag sale I came across the same set--only painted a tish different. For just a few dollars I was able to add cows, camels, shepherds so now my set is 35 pieces. That is my definition of a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! My father made the stable and son the wire trees.

Comments (23)

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Better picture--before I was done setting up

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We have gone large--now here are some smalls.

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A couple more--

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Wonderful, arcy ... thanks for starting this post ... everyone, hope you'll add your nativities here for 2014! Mine are not out yet. ;-) ~~Jeanne

Esp love seeing all the detail in that 2nd pic, arcy! Beautiful & memories!

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Arcy, this is so wonderful to see a few of your nativities.

Punk

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is one that hasn't been posted. It was a gift years ago, from you know who. My MIL knew what I liked!!

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Arcy...you have a wonderful collection of Nativities and all so
    Beautifully displayed.
    I'm big on tradition and I love seeing traditions of others.
    I have 4 Grkids and they look forward to taking turns ea year telling the story about the Birth of Jesus . Then one takes a turn to place Baby Jesus in his
    cradle. I've posted one of my Nativities and a pic of Nicky after his turn.

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Closer view
    jane

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

' Proud Nicky '
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

I love seeing all the Nativities
    Mine isn't out yet
    thanks for sharing
    Nana

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Arcy,

What a Beautiful Nativity and Great that you were able to add to your collection, and so fortunate to have your son make the Beautiful Tree and your Dad the Table...

It is Gorgeous!!

Creek

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Jane,

Yours is Beautiful as well! And I love the fact that the grands get to tell the story of Jesus..

Nicky looks like he really proud of the job he did!! And i am sure he did a wonderful job!! So Sweet!! Creek

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful!! I love the way it looks like a snap shot in time.
    When mine were little I would wrap each character from the Nativity up in a gift bag with a book. The book was the nativity story from that characters perspective. Each night of Advent we opened a bag, read the story and the child whose turn it was to pick a bag got to place the piece. We had the best times and be assured mine know what CHRISTmas is about!!

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Oh Jane ... that is so beautiful ... the colors & so realistic ... & the lamp & candle lighting you've added around the nativity & esp love the memories ..
    same with you, arcy ... so many wonderful memories! ... & I am partial to the 'white' sets. TFSharing, gals! ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

This one is from Mexico ... my parents were 'Winter Texans' & gifted all of us nativity sets ... kids/gr'kids & what a precious gift to share! This one is painted ... kind of plaster paris-like. It's on a 3 drawer chest in the living room ... a big glass Christmas plate trimmed in gold for the base & sparkly irridescent snow. ~~ Jeanne

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Just put this up in our family room downstairs with the silver tree ~~ very old plastic nativity set from my hubby's parents' estate sale. Just love it ... one plaster piece is the sheep. I found this triangular piece at a garage sale once & thought it would be cool as a manger! ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Do you remember those 'plastic' nativity pieces sold @ the dime stores back in the day? I'm sure that's where my hubby's Mom got these. A 'treasure!' with memories. We have the 'colored wheel' going to shine on this tree ... also from the estate sale. :-) ~~Jeanne

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Need to do some 'tweaking' yet around that silver tree ... maybe a scarf or something @ the base.

One more nativity set that I cherish ... another from my parents gifted long ago ... one from Mexico ... they remind me of Precious Moments ~~ & they usually sit here as a tray'scape for Dollbaby. TFLookin'! ~~Jeanne

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Oh what fun it is to come to the Holiday forum and see so many
    Beautiful nativties posted. And to top it off, loved reading your
    stories. So many memories to hand down from generation to
    generation.

Punk

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One for the road. Found this little gem at a thrift store. Got it home and discovered no cow, no lamb, extra shepherd and missing king. It haunted me. How could it be this messed up..the missing pieces had to still be there. Went back five days later..brought the family for extra eyes and PTL St. Anthony came through and DD1 found the lamb and cow!! I figure the shepherd and king swap happened when the company was originally packaging and that is why someone gave this beauty away. For $4 I can live with their error!! I have wanted one of these for sometime. It is silver plated and BEAUTIFUL!! I will be sooo sad to begin packing all my treasures away but the time is coming.

• arcy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Will I ever quit?? Here is another after Christmas find. I think it may have to be my habit to leave it out with the my January snow/ice/snowman theme.

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

Two more beauties! Great finds! Love both of your newest sets .... so different & so unique. ~~Jeanne

• luvstocraft
    9 years ago

Arcy and Jeanne, you both have quite a collection of nativities. I don't have a full nativity, but three of just Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. None are very big, but I love them. Unfortunately, I've repacked everything already. Will have to remember to take pics next year. Jane, I just loved how you let the kids place the baby after telling the story. Arcy, your's was a wonderful tradition too. Both will be lasting memories for the kids.

Luvs

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms
More Discussions