Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Holiday Decorating.....picture heavy

Marlene Kindred
11 years ago

First of all, I swear I have not been drinking...at least not yet! I realized that I cannot hold the camera straight after looking at some of these pictures, but you get the idea anyway I guess.

Here is the side porch. I've changed the garland in the two planters to red/green and I like it better, but didn't get a picture early enough in the day.

Next, here is a Christmas cloche on my kitchen counter. A little prettier in person, but you get the picture. I used one of my Seraphim angels in the display.

Here are my little Christmas gnomes hiding among my canisters and the dishes I picked up for everyday at DG.

In my kitchen window is a wooden tree that DH made years ago that I put my cardinal bells on and a few little figurines I've picked up at TS along the way.

Next is the dining room:

We use our little beach themed tree in the dining room as well.

This is the living room mantel. This will be the last year it looks like this because we found an old mantel on the yard crawl in the summer and we plan to redo the living room walls and mantel this winter.

The new tree:

And the Nativity that I made years ago. The angel hasn't been drinking either! ;-)

Comments (8)

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Nice. Very nice! Your front porch really sets the tone for what visitors will find inside. I like the giant tree topper ornaments on each side of the stairs and the sled arrangement.

I always like it when people decorate their light fixtures. I've tried it a few times, but I can never really pull it off. And I've never figured out what I do wrong.

I really like your Nativity set. It's big. I like 'em BIG. And you made it!!! Wow.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Marlene...I like the 2 urns at your steps, too ... & those big tiered ornaments! Very festive! Your galvanized tub w/the sled is great on your porch corner!

Your Christmas gnomes hiding among the pretty canister set is very cute! They are tricky lil critters ...be careful, they may find a permanent home somewhere ...& you won't be able to find them to pack away after Winter!

Love the angel in the cloche ...those colors are so gorgeous tog ... I am ready to use that color in a bedroom, I think...so pretty!

And that Nativity always calls to me...all white & the fact that you made it at one time in Ceramics! Awesome! Your home is very lovely ...& you're ready to take on another big project uh...sounds intriguing...old, new mantle ...(eww, I hate strippin' wallpaper!) TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Ditto to what OA said about your giant tree toppers in the urns and the sled arrangement.
    The tree with the cute cardinal bells is a real show stopper.
    You have some really beautiful white angels! Those are also calling out to me!
    Its all very pretty.

TFS,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Marlene, the urns and large tree toppers are so are so welcoming! And I love the sled with the tub.
    Jeanne is right about the gnomes..be very careful. lol
    All of your decorating looks wonderful in your pretty house.
    I love your white Nativity and all the white angels.
    I love it all.
    Nana

• party_music50
    11 years ago

LOL, I wouldn't have noticed the crookedness if you hadn't pointed it out -- and I haven't been drinking (yet) either. :O)

Everything looks fabulous! but I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the wooden tree your DH made for you!!! and the cardinal-bells you found are PERFECT for it!!! I've never seen anything like those -- so cute! Also love the huge ornament towers in the planters near your steps -- what a clever arrangement! LOVE your crane tree topper!!! :) and your xmas tree is delicate and lovely and perfectly coordinated with that wallpaper and chairs! TFS!!!

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Marlene, I love those ornaments in pots by your steps.
    Your cardinal Christmas flag is the prettiest I've even seen.
    The wash tub, sled all decorated with Christmas balls
    and snowflakes is so neat. You even placed a
    Christmas rug outside.Wow

As I stepped inside, I was Wowed again. Love all of
    it!!! I'm not going into detail on all but hope you
    know I so enjoyed everything you posted. So happy
    you posted all your beautiful decorations.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Ditto to all of the above comments. Love all your pretty cardinals. The "tree topper" type ornaments in your urns is great, as is your lovely nativity set. I'd love a mantel like the one you already have, but will look forward to seeing the redo when you share it with us. TFS.
    Luvs

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Marlene, I am amazed at all you've done! And adding a "Ditto" to everyone else's comments. The urns with the large ornaments are really fantastic! And the wooden tree with the cardinal bells...WOW. (I think someone else loves cardinals as much as me.) Your Nativity set is so lovely, as is the Christmas cloche.

I've scrolled back up several times to look at everything,
    its so pretty.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions