Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlene_kindred

Some Christmas Decor

Marlene Kindred
12 years ago

Well, despite my lack luster photography skills, I decided to post my Christmas decorating anyway. Wish I had Jeanne's ability, but alas, I do not. The first picture is actually a project I finished today. I found this Candle tree last year, but never got around to making it into anything. I made it into a cardinal tree and it's on my hearth at the moment.

Before:

{{gwi:200534}}

After:

{{gwi:200535}}

Living Room decorations include the tree (that I managed to cut the angel out of the picture), the table arrangement and the mantel.

The dining room table....which actually looks better for real than in this picture and the buffet.

And lastly, our little beach themed tree:

Comments (12)

• minnie_tx
    12 years ago

Eveything looks so professional. Thanks for sharing I love the little birds in the tree !!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

It's a beautiful transformation into a 'cardinal tree!'

And I am loving your t'scape & the nativity set-up on that side cabinet! Your table centerpc is so lovely w/all the Christmas ornies & those deer, ribbon & lots of goodies! Very pretty!

I love how you added the teardrop ornies to the gold tree on table in front of your fireplace...that is pretty, too!

Looks like your trees are decked out & even a sea captain is standing guard for Santa's arrival! Fun trees! The angels are lovely on the 1st tree. TFS, Marlene...your pics are just FINE!!! Jeanne S. (well, the angel may have lost her head...but otherwise~~~~~lol!)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Marlen, love your cardinal tree. That's alot of birds and so cute on their nests. Neat nutcrackers in the back. Beautiful angel tree, mantel and wreath. This is the first year I didn't put an angel on top of our tree. I'm thinking I need to get her up there tho.

Such a wonderful setting with the deer and navity. That's a neat tree too. Beautiful table setting and nativity. Do I dare ask how that top angel is staying on top of the manger. Magic? I have those same dishes.

The sleigh and reindeer on your buffet is so pretty. BTW, your whole DR furniture really calls to me. Love all the detailing it has. So warm and rich looking.

Your beach themed tree is so darn cute. So glad you are sharing pictures with us of your beautiful home.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Totally agree with all that Jeanne and Punk have said. How did you ever think to put cardinals on that candle holder? It is darling now, great job. So many pretty items filled with Christmas decs, but I have to say that I really love your fireplace--that is gorgeous. TFS

Luvs

• calicocat1967
    12 years ago

Very festive.......love the cardinal tree what a great idea.

• Marlene Kindred
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for all of the nice compliments! The angel is actually on a dowel that is in the top of the stable. My DH made the stable for me years ago and I made the Nativity set. Was taking a ceramics class, so I cleaned each one of those bad boys from greenware. Their coating is actually mother of pearl, but you can't really tell it from the pictures. They've meant a lot to me over the years.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

First, I love your wallpaper! The Cardinal tree is perfect. I'm going to have to do something like that next year for sure.

Beautiful!

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Marlene, Every thing everyone else said!!!! The Cardinal tree to me is to die for. My Mother loved cardinals and she would have loved it.

I love your dining room furniture. That's my style.

I did buy a new mission style dining room set off of craig's list, however it is in one of the upstairs bedrooms b/c Daddy's room is my dining room. One day it will all come together. But, as long as I can have my Daddy, it can wait.

Creek

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Well I bet you already guessed I'd love the cardinal tree!
    What a neat idea, and one I am adding to my lengthy list.
    That is wonderful shaped candle tree, and would work for other holidays too. ;o)

I tell Jeanne she should be a professional photographer with her skills! Or maybe she was in another life. LOL.
    She can kick butt with a camera and I think we all would agree with that.

The fact you and your DH created the Nativity makes it very special. Not to mention how pretty it is! Also the little colored set.
    Your beach tree is delightful. I see quite a few with that theme on blogs!
    Everything is looking so nice and you've won the Bin Battle it seems. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! Your home has such charm, and your decorations add to that charm. You are sooo talented, Marlene!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Marlene, your home looks so inviting!! I agree with everyone the Cardinal tree is delightful.

The living room tree is so pretty. And your mantel... what can I say it is beautiful...I really have a thing for mantels this year.

Your dining room table looks so pretty. I love the nativity
    It is even more special that you did the figures and you DH built the Nativity.

Thanks for sharing.

Nana

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Marlene..I'm like you with photography - and have come to accept that not all of us (me) can take pics like Jeanne!! lol
    Your home is so warm and inviting and ALL your decorations are just lovely. I'm so impressed with your Cardinal Tree..what a clever idea. I agree, you have alot of cardinals which make it so impressive. Your DR table looks beautiful and your nativity on your buffet is also lovely.
    I love the vignette on the round table in your LR (pretty wall paper). Your tree is so festive and I like how you decorated your mantel with the angels and bead garland. Your 'beachy' tree is cute too!
    I'm glad I didn't miss this Marlene..everything is lovely.
    jane

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz
More Discussions