Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

My baker's rack...and Teegan goes sledding

Purplemoon
12 years ago

My baker's rack on end of back patio near the french doors to family-room. (The white 'thing' on floor is a stone bunny, tho you can't tell from photo.)

{{gwi:1464599}}

Since I was out back, Teegan decided she was tired of her high chair and wanted to go sledding!

It was a "chilly" 67 degrees, LOL, so she wore Auntie Jeanne's purple sweater. She also invited

some friends! Tho poor Bunny almost got left behind it seems! (or maybe he just spotted Teegan's bunny slippers and is a bit worried they might have been relatives of his!)

The Shabby Bear on the front of the sled, and Bunny, were recent GW "rescues". I had dropped

some stuff off and of course just had to go in and look around. I found a cute Snowman teapot for me. I also got

a TINY village house that is perfect for Teegan's highchair tray! I have a little bitty tree and also some mini decorations, so guess I better get busy on her stuff soon. (Still working on mine!!) Anyway, when I went to check-out someone had sat the shabby bear on the counter to be put back. He looked so pathetic staring at me....sent me on a guilt trip as I stood there waiting! Finally, for 99 cents, I figured I could rescue the poor thing. Bunny was $1.50 and wrapped in cellophane, he looked new. He's so cute, and very huggably soft. I had the tiny Christmas sweater in my craft cabinet and it fit him perfectly, so he became a Christmas Bunny for Teegan. The other bear, "Classy", in a velvet and fur hat and velvet bow tie, I've had. He probably thought HE should be on front of the sled instead of Shabby Bear. I think he's pouting considering how slouched down he is. LOL. Shabby looks a lot less sad since I brought him home, and tho he had the little red vest that was all. So I gave him a little Santa hat I had.

Now, back to the Real World. ;o)

hugs, Karen

Comments (5)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, wonderful bakers rack all decorated. I have the same star and reindeer you have on the third shelf.LOL It's all lovely. I love the old washboard on the bottom shelf!

When I saw Teegan and friends sledding I couldn't believe how sweet this is. Bunny, bears and girls are a great mix all decked out for Christmas. Sooo Fun.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

OMgosh, PM, I am just sitting here 'giggling!!! Teegan just looks so darn CUTE on that sled w/her new/old friends! Wow, that sweater sure was meant to be for a sleigh ride!

Love how you added the animal friends...each w/a story...nice rescue of Shabby Bear! & that you gave him the front seat for the ride, too! ;-)

I am esp 'lovin' the bottom rack accessories on your Baker's Rack ...& it looks like snowballs hit your place, too! TFS & happy to see Teegan...I dug Dollbaby's red/furry outfit from the cedar chest today (my tap dancing duds!) Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

The bakers rack is lovely, but I'm lovin Teegan's sledding crew, even though there isn't any real snow, LOL I can see the green grass in the background!
    Our snow is almost melted, and it is supposed to be in the 50's by Sunday.

Maybe you should write a storybook about Teegan and her furry pals who came to live with her.

Too cute, and amazing that you had a sweater to fit Bunnykins and a hat for Shabby bear!

TFS,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

love the cute little story that goes along with Teegan, her buddies and the sled - puts so much more personality to the picture. Love the bakers rack - so festive and Christmasy TFS .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Karen, The Bakers rack looks so nice.
    Teegan looks darling getting ready for her sledding adventure with her new friends.
    Bunnykins does look a bit timid.
    I agree with candy about you writing stories about Teegan and her furry friends!!
    I was feeling a bit down this morning, but seeing this post cheered me up immensely. I think I'll be smiling a lot today!
    TFS
    Nana

Sponsored
More Discussions