Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

The Birds are on 'Holiday!' (pic heavy)

jeannespines
11 years ago

Our birds are on a 'Holiday' ...with 10+ inches of snow, blizzardy winds the past couple days, they need lots of seeds of 'love!' My DH takes care that they are kept fed...here they are out the living room{{gwi:807}} and also porch windows:

Feeding under the Bird Arbor:

Mixed company ...they all just want to get there to eat!

A pretty Cardinal waits his turn:

This ruggled lookin' Bluejay stands 'at attention' w/the flag blowing in the blizzardly winds:

Up close & personal, this Bluejay:

And you can see the wind whipping the tail feathers on this Cardinal w/Sunflower seed in his mouth:

Waterer ...snowy but heater keeps this small one unthawed for the birds:

Our backyard yesterday taken from the porch doorway ...yes, that's a patio chair{{gwi:807}} in the lower right corner...a bit of snow, hey!

'Let Heaven & Nature Sing ....' Merry Christmas! ~~Jeanne S.

This post was edited by jeannespines on Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 22:02

Comments (8)

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

WOW Jeanne! Your pictures are stunning as always....your bird pictures are my favorites!! They make me smile every single time I get to see them....

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Wonderful pictures, Jeanne. The birds don't seem to mind the cold and snow.
    Here in the Northeast, we are getting high winds and rain, not much snow.
    This storm is really messing up peoples holiday travel in other parts of the country though.
    Winter has arrived!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.
    Nana

• party_music50
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL photos as always, Jeanne! The next-to-last photo of the two cardinals w/ the icicles is SCREAMING to me to be the cover on a christmas card!!!

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

WOW!!!
    So beautiful and I love the line "let Heaven and Nature sing."

We got a little bit of snow, but it is mostly melted except for some shady spots, but it sure dropped a lot more snow once it got further east!

TFS,
    Candy

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

Jeanne, Your pictures are beautiful. I really love your work. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. Marylee

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, Holiday-ers...the birds are just so 'busy' flying in & out thru this Holiday Season ...here's a pic from yesterday ...we had taken down our 'real' Christmas tree & recycled it outside to the bird arbor for Winter shelter! Happy New Year, friends! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, as always, lovin' all your birdie pics! What a beautiful back yard picture.
    We haven't had much snow yet this winter and I haven't missed driving on bad roads.

We bought DD a fur Christmas tree like that and it was
    soft and so beautiful when decorated. DGD and I did most
    of the decorating at their new home for Christmas this year.
    They have two fireplaces, a stair case and so many bay windows.
    Wish I would of taken some pictures to share. No time
    for any of that this year. We did have alot of fun with
    family tho for the Holidays.

DD bought me the cutest plate holders with holly, berries and
    cardinals for Christmas. I'm hoping to set a table
    with them and share next month.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Love the pretty cardinal pictures Jeanne. Your yard looks like a winter wonderland for sure. Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions