Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

JIM, where are you?

Purplemoon
12 years ago

Jim, I hope you are decorating for Christmas. Your home and treasures are always such a huge treat for us here! I know with all the 'help' from the kitties, its been difficult the last year or two. But I hope the younger ones have settled a bit and will not be into RE-decorating

things so much. (However if they want help, I can send Jazz right over.)

Miss you and hope all is well,

hugs, Karen

Comments (6)

• User
    12 years ago

Karen, Tks for thinking of me and for the props.

Yes I've been MIA
    I've been in a funk and avoiding the Christmas season.

Back in late Oct my sis lost her job, it was from the same company that let her go in 08, she was rehired in Sept 2010.
    This time it wasn't due to the economy, it was because the company defaulted on Fed tax(payroll)repayments that weren't paid while they were struggling to stay afloat.
    A lien was slapped on the company.
    The investment backers who supplied the company with a line of credit pulled out because the gov't would get any revenues first.
    In 3 days the business was gone.

So, because my sis was unemployed for nearly 2 yrs, she exhausted savings, etc and it would be difficult for her to pay her rent, etc on unemployment, so on Dec 27 she's moving in w/me.
    We both own this hse - it was our parents.

It wouldn't make sense to decorate, maybe a small tabletop tree, when furniture and boxes will be coming in and it will be pure chaos.

I did pull out a couple of Santas... they scared Tigger and Cookie who thought they were strangers in the hse. Oy!

I'll try and check in/contribute more often.

Jim

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jim, sorry to hear this. Hope you and DSis will get everything moved in and settled w/o to many issues coming up.

If DSis likes to decorate like you, it may be a beautiful site next year around this time for all of us. Take your time and we'll enjoy when you can share again.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jim, I am so glad you could check in. I am very sorry things aren't going well, its just been a rotten year for so many of our gang here it seems! I remember when your sister was previously laid off and then got rehired, and its awful she's had to continue dealing with this turmoil.

If she's anywhere near the collector of beautiful things as you are, its going to be a challenge to get her moved in I'm sure! You shared many beautiful things she's bought you for birthdays and Christmas'es, so I suspect she loves them herself. She certainly has your beautiful tastes from what I've seen. Its wonderful you two can share your parents home, what a lot of memories there!

Did you offer to let her have half the kitties?
    LOL. That is funny two of yours were actually scared of the Santas. I wish Jazz was like that! He likes to 'whack' the strangers I put out in his house. ;o) Thank Heaven for Pine Sol (diluted, in a spray bottle), and the fact I love its smell. Not Christmas-y, but hey...at least its partly PINE!

I hope the beautiful Selena is doing well, such a dear sweet dog that I fell in love with the first time I saw her picture.

Wishing you and your sister a good Christmas and a much happier New Year.
    Please do check in whenever you can, you are missed here.

hugs, Karen

• swest2_gw
    12 years ago

Jim,

I am a newbie on this site, long time lurker. I did look in the archives when I first visited and loved your wonderful decorations. You have such a feel for Christmas decor. Your home would look warm and inviting no matter what the season.

I hope you and your sister have a Merry Christmas and a better New Year.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Good to hear from you, Jim...thanks...& hope the New Year challenges will take you all on a less strenuous journey! Jeanne S. (I, too, adore your pics)

• dotz_gw
    12 years ago

Jim, I so loved your decor from last year, I went back to look it up this year because I didnt see anything this year. How impressive is that, to have a scatterbrain remember how lovely your Christmas house was!!LOL You should be very proud of your skills!!! Looking forward to better times for you and hope you get back to it soon...

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions