Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Decorated Winter Hutch

phonegirl
10 years ago

Time came to change out this from Christmas to winter. Thought I had alot of snowman dishes.
You'll have to take it easy on me with the comments cuz I found out I needed everyone I had
including the snowflake ones!LOL It was fun decorating tho and I'll be on the lookout for more
if the price is right!

I made hills out of shoe boxes and covered with a white sheet. Added icicle lights, one set flashing
and one set on all the time. Then covered it with a sheer material w/metallic gold stars. Some are
sledding while others are skating up here. There were quite a few accidents while setting this part
up but not broken bones!haha

My Lennox snowman and snowbabies got center stage on this side. Was fun to see all the
figurines again.

Here's a full shot of the cabinet all decorated for winter.

Wasn't thinking ahead about lighting it up so yes, that is the cord running to the other LR to a plug
in! Not sure why I never turn on the cabinet lights before taking photos either.hmmm Hope your
ready to see more of my fun decorating.

I have two of my Christmas dish boxes to go get out of the shed and then I will be done for awhile.Yeah
Would like to go shopping tomorrow.

Punk

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

First of all, I absolutely LOVE those blue/white snowman plates doing all their antics! ...and your 'furry snowmen/ladies' all lit up on top of your hutch ... so cute!!! (& the shoebox & sheet & sheer material makes it so magical!!)

I just love the whole look of your hutch ...that last pic w/full view is fantastic! So much variety in your smaller snowmen/ladies add to this Winter display! Very pretty! I also love the dark blue snowflakes on the white plates ~~

Everything looks like a Winter Wonderland, punk! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Punk....I agree with everything Jeanne wrote!
    Love your blue and white snowmen plates, and how you set up the adorable 'snowies 'Vignette on top. Using the shoe boxe was clever for the hills but also gave it interest as well as being able to see it..They look like they're having a 'Snow - Ball'. ! Lol. I can't believe how many cute snow people you collected...along w/the pretty winter plates.
    Your entire cabinet looks so impressive..and beautifully done.
    Making me smile here!
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne and Jane, thank you so much for your comments. This cabinet snow job was not as easy as I thought it would be. The cabinets on the sides are arched so I haven't tried decorating them. Guess it was time for the 'snow ball' as Jane said for the snowies.

The snowflake plates w/snowies are from the Hidden Valley hand painted Collection by Canterbury Potteries. They are my favorites too. Jeanne, the other set you mentioned are Gibson.

Your comments are always so sweet and fun to read.

Punk

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I stayed up till midnight last night so I could bid on some of the accessory pieces for this set of dishes only to be out bid by someone who had bigger wishes than me I guess.Sigh

Now tonight I'm up again till midnight. Maybe my new years resolution should be getting to bed before midnight.LOL Heading outside to watch the fireworks and smile awhile.

Punk

• baileybear
    10 years ago

Just Beautiful.!

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Wonderfully fun, totally gorgeous, and mind-boggling at how you decorate this huge cabinet so often and so beautifully. WOW.

Sorry you got outbid at the last. I hate that, tho I am a good "sniper" myself. Got it down to where I can put in a bid at the last 40 seconds. LOL. Leave NO time to be overbid.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BB, welcome and thanks so much for the sweet comment!

Karen, your so funny! Thanks for the sweet comments and advise on Ebay. I normally do the same, advise from the kiddos. I let Ebay bid for me till funds are exhausted. I wanted them but not that bad.LOL

I found an old picture of my china cabinet decorated with some cute snowman plates that must be hiding out in the shed. Now that I know I have them, will hunt till they surface or know I donated them. Just don't think I would of let them go.

Thanks again ladies!

Punk

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions