Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

More Porch Decor & I'm Ready for the 1st day of Winter!

jeannespines
10 years ago

Just kidding about the 1st day of Winter...it's already been here for a month or more, I believe! Anyway, I finished up the porch ...snowmen galore & pine trees...the way I love it.

You've seen my Woodland Santa vignette in another post...well, here's where I ended up putting the Barnwood Santa (tin) ... & also a new snowman I bought myself this year! ;-)

To the right of this is the loveseat on the porch ... here's a nativity I had last yr, too...found @church garage sale...I love it!

{{gwi:1463917}}

Here's some more snowmen/women by our little electric stove ... you may recognize that tole painted snowflake ...by our very own 'punk' here on the forum!

Above the stove is the wall shelf my hubby made for me many yrs ago...I love changing it out for the holidays! Here's some more snowmen/women faves!

A close-up of one shelf...we made that snowman box some yrs back for a craft show ~~I kept one for myself that painted ... there's a Santa I got @Goodwill for $1 this yr, too...so cute!

Well, then the Hoosier cabinet got some more pine trees & characters ... sleigh is a garage sale find, the Woodland snowman might be recognizable by Purplemoon...she sent it a few yrs back! :-) & the little potted tree has 'hanging miniature snow people' on it.

& finally, on top of the Hoosier, more trees & another critter & old pottery canning jars:

HoosierB1213RS_zps183f3fe8.jpg"/>

A full view of the top:

I have some more...but looks like I've been on 'photo overload here!' Hope you've enjoyed! I have! TFLookin'! ~~Jeanne S

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Jeanne..your porch looks like a 'Winter Wonderland' !
    Love how you put the trees all about. Espec love how you set up the top of the Hoosier with the 'critter', Santa and old canning jars.
    You have quite a collection of adorable Snowmen/women
    Espec love the 'group' on your shelf...such a cute display.
    Even though it all looks so 'Wintery'..everything makes me smile...and
    seeing that little electric stove, makes me want to sit in there and just enjoy it all.
    jane

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

HAVE to "ditto" what Jane said. Definitely a Winter Wonderland! Looks like a Snowman Convention has gathered there to celebrate! I think you need a sign
    for the porch tho...."Jeanne's Happy Place"....cause it always feels that way to me.

What a treat to see so many wonderful decorations, you know how I love pictures!! And your porch :o)
    (don't let Kirk see that bear on top of the Hoosier tho!)

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, another 'ditto' from me. So many fun things to enjoy.
    Great place for your santa pic. Your little snowie on the chest
    makes me SMILE. Nativity is just precious.

You have such a great selection of snowies and santas but I'm
    lovin' all the different pines you've used w/them too. That sleigh
    is so neat. Yep, you need a sign, Jeanne's Happy Place.

I could go on and on...

TFS, Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ahhhh...thank you slinkey, purplemoon & punk ... I do have fun out there & we use that space when kids/gr'kids are home for overflow to eat & the Hoosier cabinet has always been the 'GAME' cabinet ...so this is a gathering spot for many of the little ones. & yes, punk, that 'snowie,' on the chest...I just fell for that how soft & fuzzy he felt & loved the hat!

I have some more pics to share ... I'll do another post. I just smile, too, when I'm decorating ...because of you all I decorate w/memories of good friends here on the Holiday forum (even tho we have never met in person, it feels like we've known each other for yrs!)

Punk...the snowflake you sent me a couple yrs ago...when I open a tote & find that, I think of my 'cheerleader friend!' (& I'm wearing that beautiful scarf now, too) And that Woodland Snowman on the Hoosier ...came as a surprise a few yrs back from Purplemoon! Also that Woodland Santa on top of the wall shelf .... oohhh, I So, yes, it is 'Jeanne's Happy Place!' because of friends here ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

ps ...here's a pic of me from last weekend @our son's house...his dog, our buddy ... we dogsit for him sometimes. I'm afraid chemo & cancer has taken quite a tole on me this past 6 mos but as you can see here, I still can smile! ~~hugs, friends

This post was edited by jeannespines on Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 17:25

• oldalgebra
    10 years ago

Jeanne,
    To begin with, do you mind if I copy your hair style? I think I'm going to try to duplicate it in a couple of months!
    (And Jennifer Aniston thought she was so hot with her hair style.) When I get my new coiffure, I shall share it with you.

I babysit my son's dog too, but his total body is about a big as your buddy's head. He's a very loving dog, though. He lives to be loved.

I love all your pictures. I'm very interested in the grey trunk-looking end table were Mr. Chenille Snowman is sitting. It looks kinda cool. Where'd you get it and what do you store inside? Can you take another pic of it? It looks neat.

Oh, by the way, did your hubby use a tiny-toothed jigsaw blade to cut the plexiglass for the snowman ice skating pond? That's definitely on my To Do list next year.

Back to this post:
    LOVE the bear (AND the crock-looking thing he's next to). I'm thinking he's about 12 inches tall, right?

Well, hang in there my creative forum pal. We all love you. And you are an inspiration to me.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OA ... I'll check w/hubby on the saw blade info...he's sleeping now ...I'm the night owl.

Yes, you can steal my hair-do, lady ... you save money on shampoo & when you get up in the morning, you don't need to style your hair! (altho I have cried many a tears ...but it's ok as long as the chemo does it's dirty work) ... in this pic tho, I now have no eyebrows, no eyelashes... no one told me how that would feel (& look) ...but it's part of the journey. 'Nuf said, uh.

Now that trunk you're talking about I got on clearance @Hobby Lobby some yrs ago ... has to be at least 10 ... probably closer to 15 ... anyway, it's the 'girls' chest ...there's some dolls, fancy scarves, jewels galore & fancy belts in it ... I still have a young gr-gd who gets into it. ;-) Yes, I'll take another pic of it...it's stuck in that corner right now w/the tree & ice skating pond up.

Now the boys they have the wood trunk under the nativity set...it's full of cars, trucks & the girls like it, too ~~ of course, they all used to get into both trunks!

Now the Hoosier is the 'game cabinet' it's been one since our son was in Jr. Hi ... now that's a few yrs ago! Full of board games, fun battery games & all kinds of stuff! Santa always brings a kid game & an adult game on Christmas Eve to stay at the Sammons' household. ;-)

Yes, the wood bear is probably `12 - 15" tall ... movable legs & forearms with jute ties. Thanks, OA. Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Love seeing the pictures of your porch Jeanne.
    I agree with the others it is a Winter Wonderland.
    It is a delightful place to visit!
    The best thing to see is your smile
    Nana

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Love seeing the pictures of your porch Jeanne.
    I agree with the others it is a Winter Wonderland.
    It is a delightful place to visit!
    The best thing to see is your smile
    Nana

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Jeanne, your smile always lights up everything and everyone. As for your hairstyle, eyebrows, and eyelashes.....well now you resemble my beautiful son! He's done just fine the past 12 yrs without those things. :o)
    Inner beauty shines thru no matter what, and you have plenty of that.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To OA ...

This is the 10th yr of the ice skating rink...so it's been around awhile...hubby didn't remember the blade but said it was a jigsaw blade for 'plastic' ...so if that helps.

Here's a couple pics of the girls 'trunk' (& boys, too)...whoever wanted to play w/whatever! ;-) Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another shot of the trunk for OA... Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Karen ~~your son is a walking miracle & I am humbled to be compared to him. God bless, lady. Thank you. Jeanne S.

• nonacook
    10 years ago

Thanks for the snowmen pictures!
    Living most of my life (except for DHs military year) in
    NW Florida, I don't see all that much snow, but I love the look of a snowman!
    Glad you posted the photo, now I can have an idea how you look when I see all the things you have made over the years at GJ.
    Hope you will soon be feeling great again.
    Merry Christmas!

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, your such a sweetheart! It has to be so hard going through this but you still have such a wonderful sense of humor and can't imagine you w/o a SMILE! Glad to hear your getting some use out of that scarf. If you ever want more, let me know. I must of made DD 20.

I hope you will be able to help OA with what's ahead for her. So praying that all goes well for you next month and OA the following month. Karen has so much to be proud of w/Jason. I'm thinking all the hair, eye brows and eye lashes are over rated. It is so what's in the heart that counts.

What a beautiful little baby in the trunk, looks so real. The little boys dug out DS's and DGD's Fisher Price cash registers today to play with. Made me laugh to see the differnce in them. DS is now 36 so his is quite old.

DGD brought me a little wooden basket awhile back that made me think of you. I'll have to share it with you some time. Maybe I should send it to you to go with your log cabin.LOL

OK, you've inspired me to start taking down Christmas decor and move on to the winter decor soon. I love all the little trees you use with your decor. Oh no, something else to shop for.haha

I'm still smiling thinking about your beautiful bird pictures in your other post. I'm like Jane, I'll never part with all the beautiful cards you've sent me.Keep smiling. We Love You.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Holiday-ers ... Christmas is now past & we're moving on to another year so quickly! One thing about this porch decor is I love it so much that I leave it out til March when 'Spring' arrives! I change out the Santa's & put away the nativity & just enjoy the lights & the snowmen & trees!

...& for some reason, my one pic above disappeared of the nativity on the trunk ... so I've added it again here.

Happy New Year! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions