Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

I'm excited - my FIRST Tablescape for this forum

lynnencfan
13 years ago

This is my first attempt - I don't have a ton if dishes to choose from but I think it turned out pretty nice. The dishes are Pfaltzgraff Christmas Heritage which I have had since the 70's, regular glasses Princess House which I have had forever, Green fruit/desert dishes flea market back in the 70's, chargers Michaels $1.00, table runner BigLots $2.50, napkins $2.00/4 Family Dollar, napkins rings grapevine wreaths from my craft stash, gold snowflakes Dollar Tree $1.00, centerpiece I made. This could become addicting :) .....

Lynne

Comments (16)

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Very nice! And I really love your corner cabinets and how you decorated them, too. You will like it here, I haven't been here very long at all, but they are all so nice and too, too, enabling!!

Pat

• leveta
    13 years ago

It is very nice...simple but festive. Good job..

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lol - thank you Pat - I have been here off and on for several years but never succumbed to doing the tablescapes. My husband built the cabinets this fall - I had Christmas in mind when I told him how I wanted them made. I am a decorating fool just have never done the fancy tables - these gals will reel you in and the next thing you know you are planning tablescapes :) .....

Lynne proud member of 'Enablers-R-Us'

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Lynne, you did a great job on your first tablescape! I really like your stemware with that design on them. I have some Princess house items too from home parties many years ago! Those corner cabinets look wonderful, tell your DH he did a really nice job on them. You did a nice job of decorating them too. Your centerpiece turned out really nice too and those dishes are so pretty. Now for the big question--will your DH actually sit there and have a meal with you? Mine prefers to eat in the family room in front of the television--only at the table when company comes! Luvs

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lol Luvs - he was cooking dinner while I was taking the pictures and making comments like 'you have WAY too many dishes - we don't need all them for mac n'cheese' - I told him to 'hush - I am playing' lol - but yes he does eat at the table when we can find it under all my various craft projects. He knew this day was coming because of all the oohing and awwing I have been doing over all the various tablescapes and dishes I have been picking up here and there. I am working on an idea for a snowscape already .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Certainly a nice room for your dining, lynnenc! I love the white cabinets w/your goodies displayed...the white wainscoating...& am thinking a pretty white t'cloth would be cool in your NEXT t'scape!

Love the collection of dishes you've used...those green bowls are so very pretty w/plates & centerpc. Pretty runner & those glasses w/the paintings on them are just charming! Looks very festive! Way to go, girl! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lynne, your table looks great. I'm excited to hear it might become addicting. Very pretty dishes and I love the shape of your plates. I like most Pfaltzgraff patterns and I have the same Princess House Crystal glasses. I own 2 china cabinets full of Princess House crystal. One of my friends has sold it for years. Need I say more.lol

Your whole room is just beautiful. So glad you enjoyed doing this tablescape.

Punk

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Looks great. And those built-ins are beautiful. Your husband did a nice job. Does he do a lot of wood working around your home?

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nancy - he did construction and interior finishing for 17 years on the OuterBanks of NC - help build a lot of the older cottages out there before the big developers came in and mass produced developments. His next project is building a hutch on the interior wall of the dining area so I can get out and buy more dishes. I will do things in place settings of 2 because it is just the 2 of us most of the time. He has done built ins in my family room, put in wood beams in the familyroom, kitchen and dining areas. We live in a doublewide and are completely remodling it to look like a farm house even tho it is new. He is amazing what he can do with a picture I show him and the final product - I am blessed.

Thank you all for your kind words - I really do enjoy this forum and get so much inspiration from all of you .....

Lynne

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Great job, Lynne. Very well balanced. And you are lucky to have a man who can build!

Now, we Enablers know how to get around hubbies. There are the standard lines, like, "Oh, those old things. We've had them for years. Don't you remember, Aunt Gertrude gave them to use for a wedding present?"
    Or, "I took that bag of old clothes to the Goodwill this afternoon and found the BEST bargain on glasses. Look. Won't those be perfect for when YOU barbecue?"

Also, the car truck can hold A LOT of things that can come out a little at a time.

He learn to EXPECT a nice setting and he won't even realize he's being pulled in. Keep it up!

Yes, we have a lot of tricks up our sleeves.

I am crazy about your plates. And the stemware is very festive. Like those giant gold snowflakes too.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

LOL,lynnenc & feeling your excitement...yup, I got hooked last yr at this time! Always have loved dishes & pottery ...now I've been adding more to my collections all yr long...esp TS finds!

Lately I've been introduced to Fritz & Floyd on here...didn't know that name...lots of pretty dishes! Anyway, for mos I've been looking for white plates (to use in t'scapes) esp as an "under plate"..(I've shopped GW, TS's & GS's...found nothing I thought suitable for a large plate. Been wanting to add to my Pfaltzgraff Winterfrost (winter dishes)which are discont. & way too expensive online now.

So recently bought 4 large white F&F dinnerplates at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $4.99 ea ... (plus you can usually find a 20% coupon in mags)...so I got 5 (plates only) to go with my 5 settings of Winterfrost. What's nice about it is that if I want to add more pcs., I can ****is that a good thing? LOL! (Anyway, just wanted to let you know that in case you can't find the white ones you want!)

Here's a pic of my first attempt (in Jan.) at wanting to do a t'scape..a luncheon one...very minimal...I had rec'd this cute cup over Christmas (now I have more I found on e-bay!) & the plates were 99 ct Pier I bargains...& the hen & eggs a TJMaxx for $5 (if I remember right)...so, just want you know that you did a great job on your t'scape...& yes, "Enablers R Us" found you, too, BIG TIME! LOL! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lynn.. so you've 'Caught the Addiction'. Poor Gal..don't you know that hanging out here, will only make it Worse!! LOL
    Great first table! Congratulations...
    I remember always wanting those Pfaltzgraph Christmas dishes..but never was able afford to buy dishes just for Christmas (back in the day)and for many years to come
    I think the stems you used with them are very pretty, as well as your napkins and your centerpiece came out really nice too..
    I remember when Punk & Jeanne first started, and now they are real pros - showing the rest of us a thing or two.
    I really like your built-in cabinets too.
    Your DH did a wonderful job and what a great way to display so many Christmas things and every other holiday too!!
    So glad you joined in to do a table, and look forward to more from you.

jane

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Lynne,
    What a blessing to have such a handy guy around the house!
    Jeanne,
    More of my new obsession (WHITE!). Love it. Also love the table runner. Our kitchen table has a stainless steel top, which is wonderful. Hot thing go right onto it, no problem. Nice and cool in the summer. But I had to add a tablecloth for my 17 year old when he has breakfast. It's so cold in the winter that you think your arms might stick to it like a tongue on a pole in zero temps! Anyway, I never thought of it before, but a runner would work so much better.
    Nancy

• bonnieann925
    13 years ago

Very festive Lynne! Just the right amount of bling. Pricess House, now that's a name I haven't heard in years. I have some stored away down in the basement...hmmmm.

Your plates are such a pretty pattern. I see a beautiful tree in the background. It's all lovely!

Stay around and post more :)

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Well you are off and running now, what a great first table. I too love the corner cabinets, you can never have enough display areas. I like the Christmas tree dishes, I've always been tempted to get some. Several of us here on the forum have the green depression glass, they are so pretty and can be used in so many ways. Look forward to more tablescapes from you. Happy New Year!
    Frou

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Lynne, Your table is so pretty.Everything goes together perfectly. I love the green dessert dishes. Your corner cabinets are wonderful..Your kitchen is so bright and cheerful.
    Jeanne, Your luncheon table is sooo cute. Those cups are darling.
    Happy New Year
    NanaK

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County
More Discussions