Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gift cards

Posted by sorie6 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 17, 13 at 18:52

I'd like some ideas for giving gift cards. I hate doing it but that seems to be what everyone wants or cash!! Grandma wouldn't pick out the right stuff!!!

Please give me some creative ideas you put them in!.Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gift cards

Hi Sorie. I'm not thrilled with everyone in my family wanting them now too. Even the 9, 10, and 11 yr old grandkids.
Tho on the plus side, makes it easy to 'shop' and saves money on wrapping paper. LOL. Both my DD and DDIL usually do a small gift basket of some sort with inexpensive things and add a gift card to it. I have bought nice but small picture frames to put gift cards with. Even something like one of those photo ornament frames with a special photo in it for someone to put on next year's tree.

Happy Christmas Hugs,
(that covers Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas, LOL)
Karen

o

Most everyone in my family seems to prefer cash. Some things I've done that might give you ideas:

- one year my parents wanted new wallpaper so I got lots of bills in smaller denominations and taped them together into a long sheet that was wrapped around a cardboard tube, just like wallpaper. They loved it!

- my niece is an artist so I bought a nice frame and framed the money in it

- my nephew said he only wanted money one year, so I made an origami shirt from a single bill and put it into a jewelry box. I told him all he was getting from me was a shirt. :o)

I thought they were cute ideas and I had a lot of fun doing them. Maybe you have some notion of things they like and you can be creative that way?

From a more practical perspective, you could buy something like a wallet or phone carrying case and give the $$ inside it.

This post was edited by party_music50 on Tue, Dec 17, 13 at 21:14

o

This yr I bought my two teen gr'daughters 'lipstick cases' ...you know those little slender cases with a horizontal mirror...I found them @Pier 1 ... & a 'roll of gold coin dollars' fit right in them & I could snap them shut.

If I have to give money, I like getting those 'gold coins' ... they fit nicely in the little miniature stockings ... or I've made sparkly draw-tie pouches.

Just have fun doing whatever you like ~~ I've noticed lots of specialty stores sell 'card holders.' ;-) Jeanne S.

o

If you like to craft, as Party suggested, there are alot of ways to make fun shapes with money. I'll share a link from pinterest.

Jeanne, what a neat idea with the 'lipstick cases' and gold coins.

I think our family is going shopping again this weekend in hopes of finding more gifts. If not I will do money and maybe next year they'll let us know what they want.lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Folding Money

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here