Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do you use 'Books' in your Christmas Decor? Post here, please!

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 11 at 18:44

A few of us were talking about a fav books & I posted a pic on another thread ... so thought I'd start a link to see if anyone else uses Christmas or fav books in their decor.

This is a new version of 'Twas the Night before Christmas' ...with 'animated' pics on each page...gr'kids love it & it fit w/my Santa globe (making a list & checking it twice):

LR Shelf Santa 12.11

& here's my fav book from a few yrs back 'Stranger in the Woods' ...photo illustrations...I love it!

LR Shelf Deer Book CloseUp 12.11

And here's the book shelf wall in LR:
LR Shelf Deer Snowman 12.11

Got one to share with us??? I know Purplemoon posted a pic, too, on another thread. Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do you use 'Books' in your Christmas Decor? Post here, pleas

That's such a cute idea, Jeanne. Love you decorated for each book. What a fun tradition to have for the grandkids!

o

I LOVE your brown deer! And your Santa is wonderful and perfect for that vignette. Same with the Snowman and snowman picture. Just perfect. I commented in the other thread that I just tweaked mine and will have to take a new photo to put here. Tomorrow.

hugs, Karen

o

Looks wonderful, Jeanne. I've never used book s in my decor, but now you have me thinking! My youngest DD is a Librarian at a university I'm sure she'd love this idea
TFS
Nana

o

I got a free photo book from Shutterfly which I finally completed. I decided to title it "Christmas" since that's my favorite holiday, and the "theme" for which I had the most pictures. The photob book will rest on my coffee table during the holidays. I'll try to post pics after the invasion of the bins has ended. Right now they (the bins) are winning.

o

Jeanne, I love seeing books used. But I rarely use them. Both of your vignettes are wonderful. So glad you started this post as I missed your other post showing this.

Punk

o

Here you go, Jeanne. I tweaked the figures in front of Stranger in the Woods. Found the Snowman at GW, and had the two amber colored reindeer. (I previously had a clear one like them there.) The other book, Twelve Days of Christmas, seemed perfect for my little partridge figurines.

2 of the 3 bookcase shelves in family-room

hugs, Karen

o

Your tweaking looks really good! I love those deer! & yuor snowman is even dressed in RED! Looks good w/all the cardinals sitting above, too! TFS, PM! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here