Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbieberry

Help with hanging Red Christmas Bows Please?

gardenbug
11 years ago

I want to hang 2 large red velvet bows on my shutters but have no idea how to do this. I can't nail them on, tack or do anything that would ruin the shutters on my home. Last year I put them up with a contact hook but they kept blowing off in the wind. Do any of you have any ideas how I can do this without ruining my shutters. The shutters don't have slats, they are flat. I'm open to any/all suggestions. Thanks soooo much.

Comments (10)

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

I'm not sure if you meant the contact hook itself blew off or just the wreath.
    My first thought was one contact hook on top and one on the bottom then wire the wreath to both hooks. Kind of an anchor system to prevent "wind wobble".
    Not sure if it'll work though or not.

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

What about a couple Command strip and wire each loop of your bow to the hooks?
    I've had pretty good luck with them.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that I used a contact hook. It was a Command hook. I'll check out the strips. Thank you for these suggestions.

• dawnp
    11 years ago

Cadence,

What about a wreath hanger hooked over the top of the shutter? Then you could attach the bow to the hook on the hanger.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fantastic idea. I'd have to figure out a way so as not to see the hanger. If the hanger was close the same color as the shutter (dark green) that could possibly work. Thanks Dawn.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

OMG, dawnp, that is such a fantastic idea! I'd have never thought of using a door wreath hanger.

cadence, you could easily find a can of dark green spray paint and use it to make the hangers blend w/ the shutters.

I was going to suggest trying to slip long strips of fabric around each shutter -- both vertically and horizontally -- and then attach the bow where the fabric strips intersect, just like you'd do with a wrapped present. :)

• dawnp
    11 years ago

Glad to help. I think they have clear hangers. Also, Party Music's idea of painting is great too!

• swest2_gw
    11 years ago

We hung large bows from our light fixtures located on either side of our garage. I bent wire clothes hangers into a "W", attached the bow to the hanger and used the hook to hang onto the fixtures. Really like the wreath hanger for the shutters, brilliant solution.

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love the idea of the wreath hanger. It's such a simple solution. OMG..I don't know why I didn't think of that. Duh!
    Thanks again dawnp and everyone else for all your wonderful ideas. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

I love this group - I never would of thought of the door wreath hangers - what an obvious solution - good job gals with all the suggestions .....

Lynne

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus
More Discussions