Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
winchesterva_gw

2010 Gingerbread Castle

winchesterva
13 years ago

I just wanted to share with you my 2010 Gingerbread Castle. I have been building gingerbread houses for the past few years with a dear friend and this year we stepped it up a bit with a castle.

{{gwi:1463530}}

{{gwi:1463532}}

{{gwi:1463533}}

{{gwi:1463534}}

{{gwi:1463535}}

Merry Christmas,

Mary

Comments (15)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh wow...What a great job. That Castle IS elaborate and quite grand looking.
    The walls seem quite large. Besides the icing, how did you get it to all hold together?
    I love the moat...what did you use to create it and did you use chopped hard candy to make the windows?
    All the knights are a great addition, but I love that dragon at the top. This looked like a fun projet.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Bet you & your friend had lots of fun & laughs building this castle! Looks great! Tis the season to be jolly! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Amazing castle you have made. Times like these spent together are so fun I bet for the two of you. Did you show us some last year? I remember someone posted some and I thought they were awesome last year too.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

WOW, that is amazing! I especially love your addition of the Dragon. Too cute.
    I don't know how the heck you built a castle, but you sure did a fantastic job of it.

hugs, Karen

• winchesterva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Slinkey: Thanks for your kind words. I used poured sugar for the "glue" it works much better than royal icing, it is more like cement! The moat is "melting" chocolate in blue, it hardens nicely, yes the windows are chopped butterscotch candies. It was alot of fun to build.

Punk: good memory, I don't post very often, but I did post last years project, here are a few photos:

{{gwi:1457623}}

{{gwi:1457625}}

{{gwi:1463536}}

Thank you everyone for your very kind words.

Mary

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Mary, Great job on the castle. The barn is fantastic as well.
    NanaKaren

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I remember that Barn!
    I loved it - you did such a fabulous job on it.

Punk...I agree your memory is really good.
    Geeeze...along with that physical energy, you're brain is on overdrive too!! lol

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

slinkey...I think punk's physical energy & brain overdrive (both GOOD, GOOD attributes) are because she was a CHEERLEADER! ...remember her pic!...she's never got out of that mode! LOL!

Mary...love the barn one, too...I remember it now. Merry Christmas & enjoy seeing your posts whenever you can! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Both this year's and last year's are great! You've added so many details, just so fun to look at all of them. I only tried a little gingerbread house one time and it's not easy to keep things from breaking and getting it all lined up just right. Kudos to you and your friend on a job well done! Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You are one brave girl. I have never tried a gingerbread house and most likely will not ever. You did an outstanding job. I love all the little details.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

The castle is MOST amazing!! but I love the barn :^) The old fella' in the door looks like a Texas Longhorn to me :^)
    I swear you are half artist and half architect!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
    J

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Holy Smokes! That's some gingerbread house, er, I mean castle. Were you two sipping wine as you drew up the plans? That's way more than I ever want to take on.

You should post more often. I love seeing crafty things from people who know no limits.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Mary, yes that is the one I remembered seeing last year and thought it was so awesome. Thanks for sharing it again.

Jane and Jeanne, "A cheerleader is a dreamer that never gives up."lol

Punk

• winchesterva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you for all of your kind and generous words! I am not really an artsy/crafty kind of girl, but I do look forward and enjoy building my gingerbread "house" every year. Who knows what next year will bring.

Thank you again, you guys sure know how to make a girl feel welcome (and talented) with your kind words.

Merry Christmas,
    Mary

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

I love that you do other things beside "houses"! The castle is a great idea...complete with dragon! Very cool! And your barn from last year is really pretty too!

Sponsored
Steadfast Construction
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Arlington County's Experienced Custom Deck Builder I Best of Houzz
More Discussions