Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
creekdweller_gw

Creek UpDate

creekdweller
12 years ago

You folks have been busy. Can't tel each one, but everything is fabulous!!!

Daddy has been in the hospital twice since Nov. 1st. I thing he is giving up. He doesn't want to do anything,

Here are some of my messing rounds. Hope you find one that you can get some inspirations from.

Creek

Here is a link that might be useful: Creek Up Date

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Creek...everything is beautiful...I love the pic ornie that you made of you Mom/Dad last Christmas...& your tree is decorated so beautifully!

Your mantle/fireplace is so beautiful! I like how you used all the 'white' ...& that iceskates vignette is so cute there...w/wire basket & all!

Very festive decor...your room is gorgeous! Enjoy your Dad as much as possible! Good to hear from you & TFS, creek. Jeanne s.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Creek, its really wonderful to hear from you. Tho I am saddened by your news on your Dad. I can truly understand, as this time last year, I was in about the same situation.

I am amzed at how you were able to decorate so beautifully
    with the emotional toll. But its truly wonderful!! Especially the ornament of your parents. I would love to do that myself, can you tell me how it was done?

Loved seeing the "Twins" again, they are such pretty cats!

Sending thoughts and prayers to all of you. I hope you can post more of your beautiful home. I've missed you here.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Creek, beautiful decor. Love your fireplace all decorted and your white tree is stunning. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Creek you pictures are wonderful. There are so many lovely things to see. The ornament with the picture of your mom and dad is precious.
    I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time with your Dad.
    Thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers.
    Nana

• creekdweller
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I took Doilies I had left over from my wreath, and put modge podge on them to make them stiff. There were two doilies together. On the ruffle edge I put more modge podge and sprinkled white glitter. Went to Wal-Mart and had a photo made the size I wanted just to fit in the center of the ruffles. I used a clear oat meal box top to measure the center of the doily. Cut the picture round, you will have some uneven sides, this doesn't matter. Modge Podge over the picture and let it dry. Then put modge podge in the circle and put the picture on top. All the time this has to dry well between processes. When all is dry, I took my hot glue gun, b/c it made a wider pattern, and sprinkled snow flakes all around the picture. If you don't get enough snow the first time, go back and glue again and add more snow.

I am not very good at giving directions, so if you have a question, please just ask!

Creek

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Love all of your decorations! The ice skates are really pretty and your tree is gorgeous!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Creek...so nice to hear from you!
    Your decorations a all just lovely.
    Your tree is decorated so beautifully. The photo ornament of your parents is just lovely.
    I love what you did with all the iceskates...such a creative idea and your fireplace and mantel is just beautiful..It was good hearing from you again and seeing all your lovely decorations. I am sorry though to hear about your Dad..thoughts and prayers are with you.

jane