Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Winter Snowies around the House

phonegirl
10 years ago

The wind blew, the snow flew and in came the Snowman crew LOL
I also redecorated the lg Henredon but I'll post that in another post. As you all know
by now, I haven't been decorating the inside of this cabinet for awhile. However, I try
to keep the top and front changing with the seasons.

I had set my crystal out here for Christmas. Replaced the santas with a snowman.

Rooster sideboard got moved back in to the LR after taking down the Christmas tree. Topped it
with foil,(didn't get the look I was hoping for) picked up the snowies and put them on the top and
added some ornaments for snowballs and snowflakes.

Close up of the crew.

I had bought these 3 little Sheriff snowmen for DB and never remember to give them to him so
out they came to keep watch over all these snowies. I love the look of snow and pinecones so
tried that too.

The top of fridge changed out to my little 'God Bless America' snowie ornaments and more
snowflakes. Also set out one of my snowies I painted on this tray several years ago.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for lookin'. Punk

Comments (12)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

I love all the soft furry snow people on this cabinet! That sure changes how it looks, uh...you don't need to change the inside...it is beautiful in itself! ;-) & the cabinet itself is so unique!

Rooster sideboard top is fantastic, punk! The tinfoil sure is a great idea for snow people! Love the glass balls mixed in!

Snow & pinecones sure go great tog ... cool idea! & you certainly created a fridge top of 'bling' w/those glittery cobalt blue trees! The painted tray is darling, of course, you do such wonderful work! TFS, punk...you're busy...hope you get that shopping day in! ~~Jeanne S

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

I also think your cabinet in itself is beautiful and adding the seasonal decorations on top and around works well. I love 'The Crew' On top of the Rooster Cabinet....especially love the large vine woven Snowman. I like how the bright blue trees w/silver snowflakes look...and of course your 'Signature'
    Painted Snowman tray...always nice to see.
    I can't believe your tree is down and your on to 'Winter' decor....I guess the little rest you got, recharged those batteries of yours! lol
    jane

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne and Jane, as always, thanks for the sweet comments. I've always wanted to wrap my trees outside w/foil and then add lights but we don't have the right ones to do this with. Seen some done like that years ago in San Francisco and they were to die for. I overloaded the sideboard so didn't add lights on top. Heck I didn't even turn on the fiber optic snow lady for pictures.

I do like change and it's fun to have new things out to enjoy. I've been using most of the snowies at the office after Christmas but we no longer have the lg display window to decorate so decided to put them up here this year. I will take down the Christmas decor there after the 1st.

It's hard to believe I've taken my Christmas decor down before New Years. Can't lie, I'm so tired from packing all away and bringing out snowies to display. Bet I'll sleep good tonight tho.haha

Thanks again. Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

WOW!! I'm not ready to part with my Christmas yet, but I am blown away that you already have yours down and the snowmen out!!

It is all fabulous! (I'm also loving that rooster sideboard!!)
    You have an amazing collection of snowmen and those blue trees are fantastic!

I won't start putting Christmas away until Jan. 6 and even then I take my time as it makes me sad to put it away, even though I do put out the snowmen.

TFS,
    Candy

• arcy_gw
    10 years ago

OOOOOH it does make me anxious for January and all my snow people. So much to be put away before that happens, I am tired thinking about it.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Candy, I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday. So here's your belated Happy Birthday wish to you! It is hard to take down Christmas decor but I always decorate right after Thanksgiving so I'm ready for the change. DH took down all the outside decor while I was taking down the inside this year.

Arcy, I hope you will share your snow people with us. Just love seeing how others decorate. I hinted to DH to trim some bushes and spray paint them white for me yesterday but that didn't happen.LOL

Thanks so much CC and Arcy for lookin' and all the sweet comments.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Punk. I love all your Snowies. they look wonderful and will make your house look festive for the rest of the winter I don't have many snowmen I borrowed my DD's dishes last year to do a table. I have snowmen on the shelf in my hall.
    My Christmas things will not be put away until after Jan 7.

Nana

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, you'll have to check out my lg china hutch if you want
    to see alot of snowmen. I didn't realize how many I had until
    I didn't take them to the office and used them all at home this year.

Are you going to share your snowmen in the hall? You know I
    always want to see it all. How about sharing another picture of
    your table from last year?

I still need to find my other snowman plates so I can complete
    my table I've started. This is the first year I've taken all the Christmas
    down before New Years. Since I added lights to the top of my lg hutch,
    I'm ok with moving on to winter.

As always thanks for the sweet comments. Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Punk
    here is a picture of the snowmen on my shelf~~~ pretty sparse huh? I included two from last year's snowman table.

From 2014-01-03 (by Eye-Fi)
    From 2013-01-02 (by Eye-Fi)
    From 2013-01-02 (by Eye-Fi)

Thanks for asking
    Nana

• judithva
    10 years ago

So cute, my mother collects snowmen too :)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

That is one fantastic Snowman Convention going on at your house! WOW. Those white dishes in the hutch are perfect as they are, great backdrop for decorating around.

You've got so many wonderful displays, that in spite of scrolling up several times to look again and again, I can't comment on all. The 'blue' on the fridge, and your wonderful painted tray, definitely got my attention! âÂÂ¥
    I am always impressed with how you decorate the tops of your hutches and cabinets. I need to do mine more since I love the look you get so much. (just wish I didn't have to go up and down the step ladder to do them.)

Oh good grief, I guess I managed to forget that Christmas DAY was Candy's birthday too. Some friend I am!! It shouldn't be all THAT hard to remember either!!
    I'm so sorry, Candy. All I can say is you're in good company this year.....I've been on a roll the entire year forgetting friends AND family birthdays!! :o(

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nana, you have a sweet snowman collection! I think we have some of the same ones. Throw some snow on that shelf and it will appear fuller.

I do remember your snowman ts. Not only did I love all your snowies but loved your tablecloth and dinnerware! Maybe your the reason why I ended up with red, white and blue this year.Thanks! Your so sweet to repost for me and I do appreciate it!

Judith, thank you. So wonderful to know your still around. Hope you will be sharing some of your beautiful things here with us again. You are such an inspiration!

Did you get all your remodeling done Super Woman?haha I so enjoyed seeing what you was doing mostly by yourself! Impressed me to think not only are you amazing at decorating but a contractor too!

Karen, the convention had some unexpected guests arrived today and they plan on spending the month! Was so fun to get new things from DD and go through two more totes with snowies. I do need to figure out what I like the best and put them out first.LOL

You always make me feel so good with your comments. You know I think your like a pro at decorating so that says alot! I know it's hard to believe we could forget Candy's BDay on Christmas. Like her name isn't enough to keep us reminded.Shhh, let's not say that to loud.haha I'm not great at remembering BDays other than family and employees most of the time. Love it when someone here remembers and posts so I can wish others at least a Happy belated birthday tho.

Punk

Sponsored
More Discussions