Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Progress... Jewelry Tree

party_music50
11 years ago

I hate to be a shameless copy-cat, but I just loved the GORGEOUS "jewelry tree" that Jeanne (?) made and showed here a long while back. I had to make one for myself! I recall that the one shown had the jewelry permanently glued in place, but I didn't want to ruin my brooches so these are all pinned to fabric that I wrapped over canvas board. :O) I really like it and I'm thinking I'll try doing something for other holidays too! These brooches are from a big lot I won on ebay recently. lol! Lot of 54, but not sure how many I used... does somebody want to count? :)

And, BTW, other than my jewelry tree, I've barely made a dent in my other xmas decorating! I need to be inspired and don't want to think about it becoming WINTER! :)

Here's my jewelry tree:

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

That looks SO cool party music! I love those jewelry trees too...it's on my "to do " list! You have a really nice selection of brooches there...lucky ebay winner.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

PM, your JT is Beautiful! Sounds like you might not
    get your other xmas decorating done since you have
    more jewelery to play with.LOL I remember Jeanne's
    and now you go and show yours.hummmmm I may end up
    trying one yet. They are so neat.

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Well now, party, isn't that just the cutest! I love it! I'm glad you remembered me~~ Pretty cool that it's 'mobile,' too! Like how you used the 'animal kingdom' for much of it & then 'mankind' on the bottom row ...almost reminds me a bit like 'Noah's ark' ...but not 'two x two's,' are they? Except a lovely pair of birds! This is very cool ...I'll go look & see if I see a pic of mine ...in memory of my Mom (some of her costume jewelry & mine & 'junkola' from Dad & his love of being a Winter Texan! Makes me smile! TFS! Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, everyone! And YES, Jeanne, your tree is SO beautiful!!! better than mine because you have the 'garland' and more BLING! :)

Most of this brooch lot consisted of metallic animals w/ very little 'bling'. Unfortunately, some of my favorites in the lot of "brooches" turned out to be tie-tack style pins! :( Since I covered the board and THEN pinned the pieces, I couldn't use those in my arrangement.

I will try to get more serious about decorating today... I just don't feel like having winter this year. :p

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

We did 'original works', party! You do know that Winter will come whether we want it to or not, right? LOL! Your tree is beautiful...no better or worse (that's just the 'weather' forecast!) TFS! Jeanne s.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

Beautifully executed! Very clever to make it so they can still be worn.

Dibs on the golf bag brooches when you don't want them anymore, LOL.

Jeanne's is also lovely.
    They are both very different and beautiful in their own way, but I also thought of an Ark when I saw Partys'.

Decorate or not, whatever suits you because we should enjoy the season, not frustrate ourselves with "shoulds."

TFS,
    Candy

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

They are both unique and beautiful in their own way. I am a nature and bling person (only at Christmas tho) so I love them both - well done gals .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

PM, I love your jewelry tree.
    It's neat that you won all those brooches to make it.

I love Jeanne's too.
    I would not compare them, because they are so different from each other and equally charming.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

So admire both of you for having the vision to use the jewelry to make into such pretty trees. They are both just lovely and a great way to display pieces that would otherwise just get tucked away into a drawer. Luvs