Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decorcrzy_gw

Yay!! The outside is done.

decorcrzy
11 years ago

First of all I must confess to lurking here for a while and I must say that I have enjoyed looking at everyone's everything lol(hope that came out right). Anyway you all know what I mean.

We finally finished the outside, thank goodness. I don't think my fingers could take much more(sometimes it was in the 30's).

The front door.

I really think that the garland was the hardest and most awkward to do.

The tiny specks of green are from the blisslight laser light which we used in place of flood lights this year.

This year we made "sparkle balls" to place in the trees on the side of the driveway. I came across them when I was googling christmas decorations one day. All they are is clear solo cups with a string of lights in them. DH had a great time making them these past weeks, he is such a great sport. During the day they look like solo cups, but at night they look pretty cool. Time for me to head in to the warm indoors and get to work inside. Everyone keep posting love getting new ideas.

Comments (9)

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

What a beautiful entryway! Your home is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us...lucky you that you're all done outside too!

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Your front door entry is GORGEOUS! Wow, I am lovin' those 'green' speckle lights ...whatever you called them...that looks very cool! ...instead of flood lights...wow, they sure are unique!

& you brought back a memory from my Mom who has been gone for some yrs now...when they were Winter Texans she brought home some of those 'sparkle balls' ...they were made from those little plastic 'medicine cups' (small) ...quite a hit! They sure look good lit up along your drive.

Many will appreciate the beauty of Christmas driving by your place! TFS & welcome to the forum, decorcrzy! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

just beautiful and LOT'S of work - thanks for sharing with us and welcome to the forum - please share your inside with us also :) .....

Lynne

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

Your outside work is beautiful. I also want to see your inside decor when you get it done. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum.

Marylee

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Welcome!!! So glad you decided to join us and post pictures. Your home is beautiful all lit up. I really like the outer planter lights too. To me they look like a Kings Crown. Never seen anything like them.

The NOEL rug is so awesome. We use to have a "sparkle ball" hanging on our deck. Seeing yours makes me think I should make another. Better yet, maybe you & DH could make one for me since he enjoyed making all them for your home.LOL

Hope you will continue to join in and post pictures with us. Did your hands ever warm up? I wanted to decorated outside today but it rained all morning. We ran up to the kids in the early afternoon and then ended up with company. So guess I'll try to get some done next weekend.

Punk

• decorcrzy
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments. It is so nice to read. Sadly, I live out in the country on a golf course(I wonder who picked the lot, not me) on the end of a cul de sac. Sometimes, I think the only people that see are my four neighbors who live beyond me. But I do so luv christmas decorating.

Oh and the lights in the planters are in the shape of light bulbs. It is really hard to photograph LEDs.

Thanks for the pick me up and I will be watchin for everyone's pics.

• party_music50
    11 years ago

wow, your outdoor lighting is gorgeous! Will have to remember to tell my sister about those blisslights -- they're very cool!

Looking forward to seeing your indoor decor too.

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

You have a beautiful! home and the entry is wonderful and inviting.
    I'm loving the laser light dots but my neighbors would probably kill me (I have way more than 4...lol) so I won't even allow the thought to enter thy brain.
    Thank you for joining us and I'll be looking forward to your inside decor as well :).

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

WOW, Deco, that is impressive! Your entry way itself is quite grand looking and perfect for making a Christmas statement. Its a shame more neighbors can't enjoy it too, but I'm sure those who see sure love it.

Welcome to our gang, I look forward to seeing and hearing more from you. We like crazy for Christmas people...or is that Christmas Crazy people... here. ;o)

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions