Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Christmas Dollbaby & More Dining Room Decor (Pic Heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Been busy the last couple days (hoping to finish up) ...tomorrow we are going to go get a tree (weather permitting)...it's COLD here ... 0 deg last night!

Anyway, got down my Winterfrost dishes for the Winter season & finished up the Dining Room decor. Dressed Dollbaby in my red/white fur tap dance outfit again this yr:

The nativity set is a gift some yrs ago from my parents when they were Winter Texans...from Mexico ,,,I love it & I also put a strand of pearls in Dollbaby's hand...some of my Mom's costume jewelry:

Here's a better view of the Nativity set ...I think it's made of 'soapstone' (?) ... children figurines:

Here's a framed pic of that tap dancing outfit that Dollbaby is wearing (yup, it's me, many moons ago!) LOL!

This is the dining room wall basket that I just finished up ...hanging above Dollbaby now:

The left side of the buffet...FM pinecone find for $1 & a new 50% candle along w/some vine stars, berries, pinecones & goodies I like to use for Christmas & Winter:

The right side of the buffet ...w/ GS deer again & those jars I got at HLobby a yr or two ago...timer faux candle/snow in the big one:

And here's a full view of buffet & walnut shelf above:(wall basket not up yet in this pic)

A close-up of that framed print...it's my favorite for the Winter:

Also decorated the shelf above the sliding glass doors w/some of my Winterfrost dishes...I'll post that in a separate thread. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (7)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Well Dollbaby is looking ready for Christmas and for winter! Beautiful outfit...love the picture of you too! Really pretty nativity set she has on her highchair as well. Your buffet looks so calming and peaceful and I love that winter print of the girl feeding the animals in the snow....Love it all!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Seeing Dollbaby wear your childhood dance outfit just gives me the BIGGEST smile. What a great holiday "tradition" with her. ;o) Talk about memories for you! (good thing Teegan can't see that pretty outfit, I'd never hear the end of it. LOL)

And lots more eye-candy from you. Until you said ZERO degrees, I was ready to pack a bag for a visit. But since I was out in short sleeves this afternoon, maybe I'll just stay here afterall. (tho its sure hard to feel Christmas-y in Phoenix. Maybe I could just sit in your house and not poke my nose out the door?)

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Dollbaby looks pleased to be the star of the show as usual!!
    she really looks adorable in you costume.
    I LOVE the picture of you wearing it!!
    The little nativity set is really precious.
    As usual your buffet looks really lovely.
    You always find the best seasonal pictures to go with your decor.
    The little girl looks so cold doing her chores. lol
    The temp got down to about 10 here overnite brrr.
    The weather has been unseasonably mild here.
    Looks like we are going to get winter after all...Darn
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Karen, nana & Marlene!
    Now on the news tonight I see there's a Winter storm in AZ! (so put away those short-sleeves, Purplemoon!) ;-)

Thanks for your sweet comments...I so enjoy seeing & sharing pics & ideas on this forum...you all keep me busy! & how else could I get away w/playing & dressing up a doll! LOL! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Jeanne...Dollbaby looks so adorable and so festive..pearls and all!!
    I remember the picture of you wearing 'her' outfit..you look so cute and what a kick that you can enjoy it again on Dollbaby! Her nativity is so sweet. I remember you saying it was from your parents...what a treasure to have.
    I love your wall basket. You did a beautiful job on it, and your buffet also looks beautiful as usual. Great buy on the pinecone wreath...looks perfect with your new candle. I'm also loving the twig stars. I found one at GW w/o a price..but when I went to ask how much...they wanted too much (I thought) for it. I like how you placed them on the buffet with the deer and the lighted jar.
    I love how everything looks...all so warm and inviting..
    Thanks Jeanne.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Dollbaby looks so cute and I am glad to see she has some booties on to keep her toesies warm. I just LOVE that you still have that outfit and the picture.
    The Nativity is perfect for her.
    The buffet is great and it is so perfect that you have the little sheep figurines to accompany that wonderful picture.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, we did get hit with that winter storm. Lot of snow in the state, and Phoenix has had rain, rain, rain. Pretty much the last 48 hours in fact!! And downright chilly for us here not use to it. LOL. But I love rain, and I love grey days. Except for the dogs being bored not getting to play ball and run...and looking at me like its all MY fault.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County
More Discussions