Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Holiday Tables and Trees

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

I finally got help to post these pictures.

Yay!!!

I used my wedding China because I thought it looked Christmasy the blue runner and white table cloth were a gift from my DD several years ago. The sleigh is from CTS and the trees and reindeer are from Big Lots. The chargers are from Dollar Tree. They were clear and sprayed dark blue.

A few years ago I added this white and gold tree. I was just going to put this one up, But my Santas were calling to me.I didn't have the energy or desire to drag the 8ft. tree up from the basement so I put the santas on this little table tree. they are usually the main feature of the TV Room tree.

The Christmas plates I got at KMart a few years ago.The placemats are from a Martha Stewart collection. The napkin rings I think I got at Ames. the Santas are from a local discount store. The center piece is from the grocery store and is getting a little tired

I hope you enjoy these pictures. They were taken with my new camera.

If I can talk my WONDERFUL DD into posting more pictures I'll send pictures of my Villages later.

NanaK

Comments (15)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh boy, nana...I certainly enjoyed your pics from your new camera & DD's help!

I love the combo of the blue runner, painted chargers & blues & silver in centerpc & your gorgeous wedding china is perfect! What is between the plates & charger? Looks intriquing! Lovely table!

Your Santa tree worked out wonderfully!...nice & full of cute Santas! Love it! And your white tree with the color of ornies you used is also very lovely.

Love the other table, too...just simple in it's own way...white t'cloth so rich...placemats bring out the color in the plates...& the Santa's at each place setting...look good with the pinery/candle centerpc.
    TFS! Hope you can learn from DD more about posting pics...Jeanne S.

• nancyjeanmc
    13 years ago

Just beautiful. The first plate setting looks like my Lenox (Solitaire), with snow flakes added.
    My son helped me load a picture a while ago, and Jeanne pointed me to Tiny Pics so I could post it. The real test will be the solo run.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

really like both table settings - the blue one will carry right on through January with just a little tweeking - the red tablescape is plain and just simply elegant. I love the nice clean lines it has TFS .....

Lynne

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Okay, you have convinced me to add "paint chargers" to my Spring to do list! All of your decor is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Kath

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Woooo Hoooo, NanaK got her PRETTY pictures posted!!

Both tables and dishes are lovely, especially the blue one.
    Love it! And the white tree with gold ornaments. I'm seeing quite a few white trees (in pictures) this year that are grabbing my attention. Hope that doesn't mean I "need" one next year. LOL. Your Santa tree is darling.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

So glad you posted pictures of your beautiful tables and trees. All of your dishes are so pretty. I love the blue and silver together. Your wedding china is perfect this time of year. I would like to know whats between your chg. and plate also. Fancy little bowls on top of plates too. Great cp you put together on this.

Is that neat natural wood and green cabinet holding your village collection in the back ground? Couldn't help but notice! White hutch w/silver tray and candles go so well with this table. Please tell us more about these.

Pretty white tree all decorated with gold. Are those beads that look like little gold dots on it? Turned out very pretty. I love your little Santa tree. You have so many cute ones hanging on it.

Wonderful Christmas dishes and your red napkins and gr rings look so nice on your tc DD bought you. Pretty holy glasses and love the gold flatware. Cute Santas at each place setting on here too.

So fun to see all this tonight.

Punk

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Nana your pictures are wonderful! So glad you got to post them with your new camera and DD's help.
    I think your tables are very pretty.
    Your Blue & Silver table with your wedding china is lovely. I like how you layered your dishes. Did you add a silver doile and a metal plate for that look? It's very different.
    I love the look of your Christmas china and how you added the Santas to each place setting.
    I think your trees are both lovely. I like the look of the Santa one. Reminds me of an old fashioned tree and I'm really loving that white one too. Makes me want to look for one myself...I love how you decorated it.
    I'm so glad Nana that you're finally able to join in and share your pictures with us. Keep em coming!

jane

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm glad I was able to get these pictures up.Thank you all for you wonderful comments. Jeanne, there is a silver doily and a clear plate between the charger and the plate. I thought the dinner plate looked a little small on the charger so I added the other one.
    Punk The corner cabinet was an unpainted piece that DD #1 stained and drew the fruit on it for me almost 14 yrs ago. some of you may remember the oak buffet that was next to it. Well it has gone on to it's new home My youngest DD just purchased her first home and had the perfect place for it. It is a family heirloom, but it was to big for my small dining room . and looks much better in it's new place. The small white hutch is for my kitchen. I'm making a few changes there so it was residing in the dining room for a short time.
    The garland on the white tree is cream and coppery colored beads. I wish I took a close up.of them I think they are really pretty . My Santas always make me smile.
    I hope I answered all of your questions .i have to leave in 15 minutes for a Drs. appt so I'm rushing this I should've waited til I got back.
    NanaK

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Very elegant in blue! Are those some kind of chargers that are silver in that blue tablescape? Nice. Like your white tree too!

Pat

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

WooHoo! So glad you got to post. And such fabulous decorations. I just saw those reindeer at Big Lots and talked myself out of it. I'm all about sparkle so that whole blue table is right up my alley. I love your wedding china, it so mod looking. The gold tree is lovely and the little Santa pine is super.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Gosh, I think everyone else has said all I wanted to say! I love both of your tables, and I'm so thrilled that you were able to post your pictures. Your santa tree really made me smile, they are all so cute! The sparkly reindeer is wonderful, and your blue runner really makes it and your sleigh sparkle even more! I really think the doily between the plates gives a nice look too. Luvs

• elmaly
    13 years ago

I love the simple elegance of the traditional red and green table AND the modern flare of the blue and silver. It is fun that you are so diverse in your design style.

The Santa tree really does look adorable.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Nana, maybe I just missed it in your explanation, but do tell me about the bowls in the first table setting. I love them. Just standing alone, they are pretty neat. But they look great on the snowflake-y plates.
    More information, please!

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gosh,OA, I forgot to mention those bowls. I've had them for so long I don't remember were I got them. They are a Dollar Store variety. They are a real staple in my house. We use them for everything from soup to nuts. My son reminded me that we were going to have cream of asparagus soup for a holiday dinner, and they were they only ones I could get enough of. Thanks for asking.
    NanaK

• tugsmomma
    13 years ago

Nana That blue table has me drooling. It is just stunning. I'm a sucker for deer and sleighs but the whole thing is just perfection.

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia
More Discussions