Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seasonaldecorating__

Christmas Decorations

Here are the christmas trees and other decorations I have done yet so far this year, hope you enjoy!

Our Tree #1

Fireplace Mantel Decor

Grandma's Tree

Our Second Tree

Owl in tree :)

Vintage ornaments and Star Topper

Our Porch

I had alot of fun with the ribbon on this (My brother's) tree. It has 110ft of ribbon lol

Thanks for looking and I look forward to seeing more of your holiday decorating!

-SD

Comments (25)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

OMGosh......your trees and decor are just breath-taking!
    I am in total awe of them!!! Not only how MUCH you've done, but everything is really, really beautiful. (hope you do this for a living with that kind of talent!)

I will be saving photos for our Inspiration album, and my Pinterest board if you don't mind.

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep looking at these pictures and trying to take it all in. Seeing it in person must be something else!! I LOVE it all....

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Gorgeous trees SD. Love all of them. The ribbons are amazing the way you have them flowing! So many neat ornies and decorations added too. The ski poles are pretty cool on the first one. I enjoyed seeing the woodsy one with the owl, shop and the plaid ribbon is perfect on it.

Vintage ornaments and star topper in the old box w/greenery and beads.WOW Your deck is wonderful with all the decorated trees, lanterns and snow!!!HoHoHo

The shelf with stockings, balls and snow scene on your stove is a beautiful setting. You really have a knack for decorating. So glad you shared the splendor at your home with us.

Punk

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Well, a 'drawn-in' breath!!! Several of them, matter-of-fact, when I scrolled thru your beautiful Christmas tree pics! Wow! All of them are simply GORGEOUS! You are talented & I am in awe of all the ribbons ...esp on your brother's tree...so lovely ...so 'wrapped up' in beauty!

Great old box w/the old treasures...love that idea! & I really enjoyed seeing your porch ...love that idea of those 5 trees all lit up & decorated! TFS, Seasonal! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Your trees are amazing! !
    I second what everyone else has said.
    you are so talented.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Nana

• jswell32
    10 years ago

Oh!! I love your porch decorations!

• phoggie
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh, your trees and decorations are awesome! Well done!!!

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all your comments :)

-SD

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Beautiful!!
    Ditto to what everybody else said.

I especially love the ribbon tree.
    TFS,
    Candy

• plainjane425
    10 years ago

Gorgeous Trees...!!
    I love how you went 'wild' with the ribbon, esp on your Brother's tree!...lol
    Your porch looks amazing...such an amazing sight and I too love the old box w/vintage decorations...nice idea.
    TFS
    jane

• pippi21
    10 years ago

What beautiful decorations; you are very talented. Wished you lived nearby, I'd hire you to decorate our home for the holidays. We have no storage room for our holiday stuff so it goes up in the garage rafters laying on sheets of plywood. We have to use the 7 ft. ladder to get them down or ask our adult children and grandchildren to come over and get them down and put them back up when the holiday is over. I'm trying to think of simple decorating ideas that I can use without going to the garage rafters for my tree decorations or asking for help. I just wished we could go somewhere on Vacation during the holidays but it's not going to happen.

• pippi21
    10 years ago

What beautiful decorations; you are very talented. Wished you lived nearby, I'd hire you to decorate our home for the holidays. We have no storage room for our holiday stuff so it goes up in the garage rafters laying on sheets of plywood. We have to use the 7 ft. ladder to get them down or ask our adult children and grandchildren to come over and get them down and put them back up when the holiday is over. I'm trying to think of simple decorating ideas that I can use without going to the garage rafters for my tree decorations or asking for help. I just wished we could go somewhere on Vacation during the holidays but it's not going to happen.

• pippi21
    10 years ago

Do you leave your patio/porch furniture out like the photo shows during inclement weather? Our wrought iron set is covered all winter and the cushions get stored inside the garage on a table. We found some really nice canvas patio furniture covers at Plow&Hearth and we use cable ties to hold down tthe bottoms to keep the wind from getting under and ripping them off. I don't know if that's the correct name for the ties but they hook together and do the job we want them to do. We set something heave on the seat of the sofa for more stability from the wind.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Everything is wonderful, but your porch is absolutely beautiful.

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all your comments! Yes, we do leave the patio furniture and cushions out year round, though I bring in the throw pillows in the winter. Our patio set is a plastic like wicker, so it does not weather like real wicker would. We leave the cushions out because the seats are just straps. So it looks better just to leave the cushions on through the winter. Because of the beige color of the cushions, the amount of color fade is minimal and not noticeable. I add color to the patio furniture in the summer with colorful pillows :)

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thought I would also share this more recent pic of our patio. We just got a little bit of snow lol :)

• tolebrush
    10 years ago

My everything is so beautiful. You are very talented.

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

amazing what a "little" snow will do!!

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Your deck looks nice in the summer too with all
    your plants and pillows out. I'd say you got a little
    snow alright!!! Looks like a winter wonderland now!

We got some snow today but now temperatures
    are back down and to cold to snow more.

Punk

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

love the porch

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Whoa....I'd say you got a little snow!! Looks pretty in the tree lights, but almost covered everything big time.
    What state are you in?

hugs, Karen

• SeasonalDecorating__
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We are in Minnesota. We actually just got another 3 inches of snow! I love it though :)

-SD

• amber2321
    10 years ago

Oh wow!! That's gorgeous! It looks like decoration that could be in a magazine!

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Everything is beautiful You should be a decorator.

• christine1950
    10 years ago

What a beautiful home you have, your decorating would win first place in a contest. I too love your deck with the canna's in summer and the snow covered tree's in winter.
    Merry Christmas to All
    Christine

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions