Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Winterfrost Dishes & More Christmas Decor

jeannespines
10 years ago

Ohhhh...I always love getting out the Pfalzgraff Winter Frost dishes for the Winter season ... I started this collection back in 2001-02 & the dishes were discontinued in 2006. A couple years ago I bought another 4 place setting @ a much higher price to complete my set. Love 'em & we use them as 'everyday' in the Winter.

Here is some of my collection on the kitchen island/half wall:

A closer view so you can see the glasses:

...and the cups & saucers .... the lil polar bear is a spread knife:

Here's my fridge with the big bowl (I use it for 'punch' during the holidays) & these pottery snowmen I've had for some yrs now, too...I just love 'em:

Added the Winter Frost goblets along w/some crystal pcs (Santa, sleigh & a pine tree) to the shelf above the sliding glass doors in the dining area next to the kitchen:

A closer view:

I bought some battery lights for up there but the strand is 33 ft long...way too long for that area ...so I'm still looking...may just try some 'timer' faux candles. ;-)

I'll post a few more in the comments. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I happened upon 4 footed dessert glass pcs while browsing @ Goodwill last yr ...for $1 each .... whoa, I grabbed those 'babies' smiling all the way to the check-out! Here they are displayed on a glass cake plate in my kitchen...I also added 2 beautiful glass ornaments w/silver stripes (you can see one in the front right glass) & 2 silver bird napkin rings:

On this same counter (by my countertop stove) is this 'tin' I found @ Hobby Lobby a couple yrs ago ...using my 40% off coupon ~~ plus another 'chunky pottery snowman' ...did I say I just love this guys! ;-) The small blue crock I found in a consignment store a few yrs ago, too:

Above this area kitchen area is my 'end cupboard' which I am always 'changing up' ... these 2 snowmen prints I just bought a few mos ago ... aren't they just adorable! I did buy these 'new' but the price was right! I'll still be adding a few vintage Christmas postcards to the black mirror hanging:

You may have noticed that little shelf w/snowmen...here's a closer view... hubby made that shelf from old barnwood a long time ago... a few yrs back I painted it a creamy white. Can you tell I love snowmen!!!

Ok, I've rattled on ... we sure have fun, don't we! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

They are beautiful dishes, Jeanne, and you're right about the glassware being a total knock-out! I'm so glad you were able to complete the set and can use them regularly. I remember your gorgeous snowmen and I absolutely love them!!!

And I just realized it's time to bring out my Debbie Mumm Snowman stuff! :)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, it is, party ...time to bring out your Debbie Mumm ... I don't have any of her dishes ...but I sure love them! Lots of birds, birdhouses, etc! Thanks, party. Jeanne s.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I always look forward to seeing your winterfrost dishes and snowies. So happy you found the set of footed matching dessert glasses. Isn't it fun to keep adding to your collections?
    I remember when Candy found a set of these winterfrost glasses last year while on one of her shopping sprees.

I love your tin with the little girl. So precious and looks great in
    your counter vignette. Love the shelf with glasses, crystal and blue balls. To bad your lights are to long for this shelf. I'm sure you'll figure out where to use them. You always display things so nice.

Your snowman prints beside your shelf w/snowies is so cool. Looks like you have snowies up, down and all around! Yep,
    we're having fun!!!

TFS, Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jeanne, I love seeing your winterfrost dishes they are perfect for this time of year and it's great you can use them all winter long.
    The dessert dishes were a real find.
    The snowmen prints are awesome and the little snowmen are delightful. They look like they are basking in the sun but they better not stay too long or they will melt!!!
    Nana

• arcy_gw
    10 years ago

Looks like my house in January.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

That Winter Frost pattern is lovely and I enjoy seeing all of your other decor, too, especially the snow men.

Sponsored
More Discussions