Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rafor

Nice weather made me decorate outside

rafor
12 years ago

I finally got some decorations up outside. It was really nice out today.

Decorated the breezeway door, the potting bench, hung a wreath on the glass house and added to the side door decor too.

{{gwi:200345}}

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, looks very Christmasy!!! Love all your natural greens that you used with the garlands & all the wreaths! The red ribbons hanging the two wreaths on your breezeway look perfect w/that red window-paned door!

Your potting bench looks very festive! I like those wire (fence?) baskets you filled w/greens & that sled is painted to cute! What are the gift boxes made of?

Your glass house, of course, is to die for w/o any holiday decor! Wreath looks great on that mellow yellow door, too! Beautiful!

And if this last pic is your side door then I would use that door 'always'...love how it's built & the glass panes on top & the door painted red! Lovely! Those giant 'ornies' sure look great at that entrance!

TFS, rafor...enjoyed! Jeanne S.

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Jeanne. What lovely comments!!!

The wire baskets are part of some old light fixtures we took out of the basement. I've been looking for something to do with them.

The gift boxes are metal luminaries. They have stakes on the bottom to push into the dirt to hold them up. In my old house I used them in the window box outside the kitchen sink window. But in this house, the window box sits much lower and they don't work there. Since I still like them, I finally found a place to use them here.

Was never thrilled about the red doors on this house. Not a color I would pick. The only time I like them is at Christmas!

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Ditto to everything Jeanne said.
    I also love the star wreath hanger.
    I think the red doors are fabulous any time of the year.
    I put up my outdoor decor before Thanksgiving because I like to turn the lights on when everybody leaves that evening. Also, I only climb around on the roof when it is dry, not when it is covered in snow as it is now and it is still snowing tonight.

I really love the large red ornies on the shepherd hooks! Are they plastic? I have so much trouble with anything outside fading. It is red when I put it out and orange by the time I take it down.

Everything looks very festive. Did you make your own garland? I'll bet it smells wonderful!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Love all your decorations you shared. I love seeing your ornaments and wreaths hung with ribbon. Hope you will keep sharing and eventually I'll rememberto try this.LOL Cute painted sled and presents. That glass house is awesome.

Punk

• rafor
    Original Author
    12 years ago

christmas candy: yes the ornies are plastic. I got them at HL, half off, last week. I've had large ornaments for years. I bought some at an after Christmas sale about 15 years ago. I still use them and they haven't faded one bit.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love that big pine! Those ornies look great hanging down from it! Nice recycling for those baskets on your potting table, too! TFS, rafor! Jeanne s.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Everything looks wonderful! Love all of the pine garlands, wreaths, etc. Your large ornaments are really pretty too and your breezeway is very inviting. Commented on your potting bench on the garden junk forum. Love the white star holder too!

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA
More Discussions