Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
excessfroufrou

Family Room Decorations

excessfroufrou
13 years ago

Here are some pix of my family room. I put all vintage glass or handmade ornaments on this tree. I kept my mantel simply this year so it didn't compete with the tree (I didn't miss the fluffing of garland one little bit). There are a few new things with my peacock table this year.

Frou

Comments (10)

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Just stunning. Your mantle is beautiful. You have a nice collection of glass. And the peacock table colors are striking! Sure not the same old, same old!

Pat

• leveta
    13 years ago

Beautiful tree!!!!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Frou, what a pretty mantel with all the beautiful glassware. Beautiful tree and that fire looks so warm and cozy. Great picture of Santa up there.

Your peacock table is wonderful with all the feathers, balls and silver pinecone candles in front of the mirror. Love the dish in the center of it and the deer vases are super.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Frou, you have the most wonderful collections of pretty glassware, I am just blown away every time you show more of it. Everything looks so pretty and festive, even though it's not what one would expect. Is there a story behind the peacock feather collection? They are very beautiful.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, frou...your tree is very, very pretty...love how you've filled it with ornies! Blue & green glassware is just drop-dead gorgeous & the peacock table color combo is so rich! Lots of work & time in this room! See a framed pic under your tree & that Santa one added to your shelf...like that! TFS! Jeanne S.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Is that a blue tree skirt I see, looks very blue & pretty under the tree? Love all the blue(my favorite color) & the peacock display is very regal!! Such a beautiful bird, I miss the 2 I used to see every time I went to the store.Owner died & her place sold. They would strut & then spread those feather so beautifully I just had to stop & watch!! Lovely glassware & very cozy place to be!! Jan

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Really like your blue & green glass on the fireplace & your blue table with silver accents & on a mirrored tray really set it off!

I LOVE your fireplace!!!

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Frou,
    It is beautiful!

I love all of the blue and green and the peacock theme. It is all arranged so perfectly.

TFS,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Frou, there's not much I can add that hasn't been said. Your tree, and also your white one with pink decos, are both so lovely. Your glassware collection is just amazing.
    The blue and green is a knock-out. I think your mantel looks great withOUT garland. You may start a new trend, LOL. I wish garland came "pre-fluffed".

hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks girls. Luvs, I've had the peacock feathers for years. I had a beauty shop for years and years and a customer with a bird farm. He brought be feathers by the arm loads, at that time we had a Victorian house so I used them everywhere, and still do. Jeanne, that Santa print was done by a local artist here, she does one each year and each one is done of an actual person. The little pix at the bottom are crossstitch ones I did about 25 years ago.
    Frou

Sponsored
More Discussions