Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calicocat1967_gw

2011 Christmas Pic Heavy

calicocat1967
12 years ago

Had my annual Ornament Exchange party last Saturday. But we got 5 inches of snow, so that kept some from coming. But still had a good time with those that made it. My house has been decorated since last October, so it is getting a little old LOL just kidding, who could ever get tired of Christmas !!!! Here are a few of my rooms. Sorry if there are unusual items in the photos (toilet paper holder, opened gifts, a gun ?, cords....etc....) Hope you enjoy. Kim

My hutch, with a closeup of the nativity.

{{gwi:1462065}}

{{gwi:1462066}}

Bedroom

{{gwi:1462067}}

{{gwi:1462068}}

{{gwi:1462069}}

{{gwi:1462070}}

Sitting Room

{{gwi:1462071}}

Buffet

{{gwi:1462073}}

Laundry Room

{{gwi:1462075}}

{{gwi:1462077}}

Kitchen

{{gwi:1462078}}

{{gwi:1462079}}

Other areas around the house

{{gwi:1462080}}

{{gwi:1462081}}

{{gwi:1462082}}

Comments (18)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

WOW!!! There is SO much to look at....where is one to begin?? Love your trees and your bedroom is very pretty! Love the old metal tool box with the white trees, etc. in it, the sled on the wall is really pretty and the birdhouse with the red bird is really pretty too. Heck, I like it all!! The blues in your kitchen...just everything....thanks for sharing your home with us!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Wow, Calico, you've been busy ...no wonder you decorated in Oct, uh! Well, that cook stove has always been a fav for me whenever you posted it! Love your blue/silver combo ...& those apothecary jars filled w/ornies on top! so pretty!

But your 'buffet' pic really caught me up this time...that old window w/the ornies & that metal box w/Santa & bottle brush trees! Love the whole vignette! (very cool wicker sleigh!)

Cool birdhouse, too...in another pic! Everything looks very festive...sorry it 'snowed' on your party! But I'm sure everyone had a great time! TFS! Jeanne S.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

My favorite is the buffet, and also the blue ornaments in the apothecary jars. Beautiful!

I need to go buy more ornies. lol

• B H
    12 years ago

I imagine smelling cinnamon & ginger bread if I walked into your home! I love your nativity scene and the tree sitting atop the barrel.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Oh My....and what Marlene said, DITTO! Wow, I'm going to have to look quite a few times to take it all in.

That unusual redbird garland is wonderful, did you put that together yourself? I love the shape, and the birds! Your hutch is a gorgeous piece! The street sign is such a cute idea. I know I am barely touching the tip of the iceberg with my comments, but its going to take me awhile to absorb it all. Its REALLY great tho!

I laughed out loud reading "Sorry if there are unusual items in the photos (toilet paper holder, opened gifts, a gun?". Too funny. And honestly, I still haven't seen ANY of those things yet! LOL

hugs, Karen

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

WOW, you have so many beautiful items and vignettes. I absolutely love your old cook stove. Does it actually work?
    Lots of great antiques to look at amid all the pretty holiday decor.
    I'll have to come back to see more cause there is too much to see at one time.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Calico, I love all of it!!! So glad you shared your beautiful decor with us. It's all so fun to see. The variety is just wonderful.

No snow here, just cold and foggy.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Calico, thank you for the tour of your wonderful home.
    It looks fantastic with all your Christmas decorations.
    There is so much to see, I can't pick a favorite right now.
    I will be back to look at everything again!
    TFS
    Nana

• calicocat1967
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

-the old stove im my kitchen was an anniversary gift from my hubby about 15 years ago. It does not work, but it is my prized item. I have always put a silver tree on it in memory of my grandma, she alwya had a silver tree decorated in blue

-the buffet contains an old wicker sleigh that belonged to my hubby's great grandmother, none of the grandkids wanted it, thought it was ugly, i loved it---the old tool box was a find this summer on the Nebraska Junk Jaunt, the old window was from our barn, and there are glass bottles that I wrapped with jute twine, (an idea I got from here), the pinecone wreath my mom made 10 years ago,

-Karen you mentioned my bird garland, it is actually poinsettia garland I made from those fat pipe cleaners. Here is a closeup of it and directions.

Thanks again to you all for your lovely comments. I enjoy sharing with you. I really love to see all of your ideas and decorating as well. Even though I do not comment much I do love it all.

Kim

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Some great heirlooms, calico! TFS the history! I didn't comment earlier on your gorgeous hutch! The hutch itself is so beautiful but love how you've used the 'pines' with the gold/deep reds...the Nativity set is so stunning w/all the choices you've made for the whole hutch.

Poinsetta's look great on your greenery...looks like that may be what is on your picket fence headboard, too. Thanks for the instructions.

Love so much of you decor...the 'bait buckets' I see as a tree holder & a birdhouse in another pic. I would feel right at home visiting you! TFS, again. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ooops, I said 'garland' when I meant that swag with the cardinals hanging above your birdhouse vignette.
    But how cool to make poinsettias from pipe cleaners! Thanks for sharing the how-to on that.

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

OMGoodness!!!!! - I don't even know where to begin - it is all so pretty and so country - right up my alley. Love your bedroom and the garland - I made those chenille poinsettias way back in the late 60's as Christmas ornaments and gave them to my family for Christmas - I need to revive that craft since we have a younger generation to teach crafts to. Your buffet is stunning - I just love it all and no I would NEVER get tired of having it up - I would be constantly tweaking it but never tire of it TFS .....

Lynne

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

I just noticed the trees INSIDE the hutch. WOW!
    I told you I would be back to see more.
    Love it,
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Gosh Candy, I missed those trees inside the hutch too! I was so busy looking at decorations and the gorgeous hutch itself, that I went right over those trees. What a wonderful idea having them in there. Love it, Calico!

hugs, Karen

• calicocat1967
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone...wanted to give a history of the hutch since so many have commented on it. My SIL bought it 10 years ago and it was all painted up. She paid a guy to have it refinished. She did not like it since it was not oak. It turned out to be yellow pine. I am an any kind of wood girl, so she GAVE it to me. I have loved it ever since. It is fun to decorate at ever holiday.

Happy Holidays !!!

Kim

• creekdweller
    12 years ago

Calico,

Love the combinations!! Every thing is so beautiful!!

Creek

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Whoa! I'm glad your SIL only likes 'oak' ...what a gift! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    12 years ago

Have to say that while I loved it all, I really loved that you decorated your bedroom. It looks so pretty and I love how you did the garlands on the curtains and all--just so pretty. The blue on the stove is really pretty and that wreath piece on the wall is so neat. Like the others, I need to go look some more--I didn't see trees in the hutch, have to go check out what I missed! You have a lovely home and it's great to hear the "history" of some of your pieces. TFS. Luvs

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County
More Discussions