Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

More decorating today ... gloomy outdoors

jeannespines
9 years ago

Dollbaby's 'trayscape' is once again one of my fave nativity sets gifted many yrs ago from my parents who were 'Winter Texans' for many yrs. They gave nativity sets to all the kids/gr'kids over the years. This one reminds me of 'Precious Moments' ...

Also the doll that Dollbaby is holding is a kit I bought years ago to sew for my Mom who loved collecting dolls. Makes me smile. I'll add some more pics in comments ~~ Jeanne

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The dining room is finished ... here's the centerpc I've used before ... I love 'angels' @ Christmas ~~

another view showing the buffet in the background:

{{gwi:2133083}}

& here's more angels ... these 'Kissing Angels' are a fave I found @ a thrift shop ... love them & one is a musical:

{{gwi:2133084}}

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just used natural lighting on these pics & it's pretty gloomy ouside today ~~ here's a couple full views of the buffet & dining room. Merry Christmas! Just 2 weeks away almost! ~~Jeanne

{{gwi:2133085}}

A wide angle shot & a bit grainy ... but you get the gest of it ... it's the Christmas & Winter season!

{{gwi:2133086}}

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Everything looks so pretty Jeanne...Love your angels and how you arranged them...is the CP one on your table crystal or lucite?. she's lovely...and the Kissing Angels are a favorite of mine too...They remind me of the ones my DM had when I was growing up. Dollbaby looks cozy in her cute Winter outfit...and the Nativity pieces from your parents IS Precious! Sweet that the little doll that DollBaby is holding is made by you for your Mom...I love that.
    Your home is all aglow with Christmas Magic....Now sit back and enjoy it all.
    jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Jane .... that angel in the cp is lucite ... she is so detailed & pretty ... a church garage sale find a few yrs back. ;-)

I am making progress ... can't sit back yet ... got to get down my Winterfrost dishes ~~ & do the porch yet ... but a bit @ a time ... warming up here ... not much snow left ... we need a little for Christmas. Thanks, friend. ~~Jeanne

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

Jeanne I am always happy to see Dollbaby! It looks like she is very gentle with your adorable nativity and the little doll you made for your mom.
    I love your Christmas decor it has such an old world charm.
    TFS
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, nana .... never thought of 'old world charm' as a description ... love that! ;-) I'm feeling the 'old' part of that ... Merry Christmas! ~~Jeanne

• woodrose
    9 years ago

Beautiful, as always ! I never get tired of seeing photos of your decor -inside or out !
    Mary

• woodrose
    9 years ago

(Double post removed)

This post was edited by WoodRose77 on Fri, Dec 12, 14 at 12:14

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, WoodRose ~~ it's the time of the year & hoping more of us will take time & share on here ~~ tis the season, uh. Appreciate your comments! ~~Jeanne

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Jeanne, love seeing Dollbaby and her nativity. Your home is so
    Beautifully decorated. You know I Love it All! Bet your excited
    to have all the family home to celebrate Christmas soon. We've
    been be blessed with our kids living just a few minutes away
    most of their years.

Punk

• Creekbum
    9 years ago

Jeanne,

Everything is perfect! You have some of the neatest decorations!!

And you always seem to bring them together just right.

Sorry about your rain, but glad you got to decorate!
    Love it all!

Creek

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions