Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dec Birthday Table

Posted by nana2010 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 15, 11 at 15:32

December's birth stone is blue Zircon or Turquoise and the flower can be Daffodil or Poinsettia. I chose Poinsettia mostly because they are pretty and more seasonal.
The placemats, flutes and napkin rings were on clearance at Pier One. I got the clear glass plates and small white ones at Walmart. The turquoise ones are from Big Lots. The sherbets and wine glasses belonged to my great aunt and date back to the 1930's
I kept adding things and taking them away. I finally decided to keep it simple.
I hope you enjoyed looking.
Nana
PS Happy Birthday Karin

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dec Birthday Table

Nana, beautiful Dec. BDay table. Love your place mats, flutes and napkin rings. All the dishes you used on here look great together. I really like all your square plates you bought and stacked on here. Just the perfect touch with the amount of turquoise on the white tc.

Using wht poinsettias would of been my choice too. Neat CP. I love it that you used the sherbets and wine glasses from DA. The blue candles and the candle holders look so fancy. Very pretty on the mirrors.

Your candle light picture is awesome, Nana. One elegant setting.

Punk

o

Oh, that candlelight pic is beautiful, nana!
Love this color combo you chose ..those placemats & napkin ring colors are gorgeous! Love the square plates, too. Lucky Dec. b'day'ers! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

o

I had to chuckle this morning, nana, when I looked at this post again...at your comment: " I kept adding things and taking them away. I finally decided to keep it simple. .... sounds pretty familiar...must be contagious! LOL! Jeanne S.
Is your round table 'wood' ... I think this color combo would look great against 'wood,' too!

o

One simply gorgeous birthday table! So elegant. I love the napkin rings and the placemats!
Happy birthday to all December friends here on GW! You get to sit at a beautiful table to celebrate!
Kath

o

nana...Thank you again for this lovely Birthday Tribute Table!
I agree with everyone..this is such an elegant looking table. I too love the color combination. Reminds me of 'icy blue'... Your placemats are very pretty and set off your dishes so lovely. The CP, candles and flutes in the night pic...is especially striking.

I also want to wish ALL December babies...A Very Happy Birthday!

jane

o

"Cool" table, Nana. In many ways. Its a lovely setting for Dec birthdays. That photo with the candlelight is absolutely gorgeous!
I know I tend to be a more is...well, MORE, kinda gal, but I sure can appreciate and enjoy simplicity and how nice it looks. I'd love to sit at this table!

hugs, Karen

o

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, It was fun to do and it's special since my oldest DD celebrates her mmth birthday on the 30th.
I didn't realize that I didn't wish everyone celebrating a Birthday this month Happy Birthday. My apologies......
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Nana

o

I really need to stop posting when I'm tired!
How could I forget To say Happy Birthday to Marlene and Christmascandy?
Nana

o

It is lovely, Nana. Such a pretty color combo! Eye catching napkin ring.

o

Nana, Thank you so much!! I'd be honored to sit at this table for my birthday. It is very elegant and the colors are beautiful. You do such a great job on the monthly birthday tables, but since this is mine, I'm a little prejudiced in thinking it is one of your prettiest. LOL

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
Candy

o

Beautiful. Thank You Mom.

o

Oh, the table is lovely! I love blues too, especially my DD, her tree is blue and silver, so she would love the table too.

o

This is a great way to carry out a birthday theme ANY month of the year. It's especially nice if you are giving a little dinner for an adult and want to avoid repeating the balloons and primary color thing. Very nice.

This will go into my idea book.

OA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here