Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Dec Birthday Table

nana2010_gw
12 years ago

December's birth stone is blue Zircon or Turquoise and the flower can be Daffodil or Poinsettia. I chose Poinsettia mostly because they are pretty and more seasonal.

The placemats, flutes and napkin rings were on clearance at Pier One. I got the clear glass plates and small white ones at Walmart. The turquoise ones are from Big Lots. The sherbets and wine glasses belonged to my great aunt and date back to the 1930's

I kept adding things and taking them away. I finally decided to keep it simple.

I hope you enjoyed looking.

Nana

PS Happy Birthday Karin

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Nana, beautiful Dec. BDay table. Love your place mats, flutes and napkin rings. All the dishes you used on here look great together. I really like all your square plates you bought and stacked on here. Just the perfect touch with the amount of turquoise on the white tc.

Using wht poinsettias would of been my choice too. Neat CP. I love it that you used the sherbets and wine glasses from DA. The blue candles and the candle holders look so fancy. Very pretty on the mirrors.

Your candle light picture is awesome, Nana. One elegant setting.

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Oh, that candlelight pic is beautiful, nana!
    Love this color combo you chose ..those placemats & napkin ring colors are gorgeous! Love the square plates, too. Lucky Dec. b'day'ers! TFS, nana! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

I had to chuckle this morning, nana, when I looked at this post again...at your comment: " I kept adding things and taking them away. I finally decided to keep it simple. .... sounds pretty familiar...must be contagious! LOL! Jeanne S.
    Is your round table 'wood' ... I think this color combo would look great against 'wood,' too!

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

One simply gorgeous birthday table! So elegant. I love the napkin rings and the placemats!
    Happy birthday to all December friends here on GW! You get to sit at a beautiful table to celebrate!
    Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

nana...Thank you again for this lovely Birthday Tribute Table!
    I agree with everyone..this is such an elegant looking table. I too love the color combination. Reminds me of 'icy blue'... Your placemats are very pretty and set off your dishes so lovely. The CP, candles and flutes in the night pic...is especially striking.

I also want to wish ALL December babies...A Very Happy Birthday!

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

"Cool" table, Nana. In many ways. Its a lovely setting for Dec birthdays. That photo with the candlelight is absolutely gorgeous!
    I know I tend to be a more is...well, MORE, kinda gal, but I sure can appreciate and enjoy simplicity and how nice it looks. I'd love to sit at this table!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, It was fun to do and it's special since my oldest DD celebrates her mmth birthday on the 30th.
    I didn't realize that I didn't wish everyone celebrating a Birthday this month Happy Birthday. My apologies......
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Nana

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I really need to stop posting when I'm tired!
    How could I forget To say Happy Birthday to Marlene and Christmascandy?
    Nana

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

It is lovely, Nana. Such a pretty color combo! Eye catching napkin ring.

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Nana, Thank you so much!! I'd be honored to sit at this table for my birthday. It is very elegant and the colors are beautiful. You do such a great job on the monthly birthday tables, but since this is mine, I'm a little prejudiced in thinking it is one of your prettiest. LOL

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
    Candy

• happily_everafter
    12 years ago

Beautiful. Thank You Mom.

• judithva
    12 years ago

Oh, the table is lovely! I love blues too, especially my DD, her tree is blue and silver, so she would love the table too.

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

This is a great way to carry out a birthday theme ANY month of the year. It's especially nice if you are giving a little dinner for an adult and want to avoid repeating the balloons and primary color thing. Very nice.

This will go into my idea book.

OA

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions